Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF-Louisville « previous next »
Page: 1

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: November 17, 2007, 08:35:45 PM

Any USF fans left out there? This game is on frickin' ESPNU, I can't believe the local ABC station isn't covering it. While I get ESPNU at home, I'm not there, and where I'm at doesn't get ESPNU. So pissed right now. At least it looks they're winning, 13-0 in the first, with a missed extra point I presume. If USF can win their last 2 games, they might get a shot to get in at least a better bowl than they had last year...maybe the Gator Bowl.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 17, 2007, 11:14:48 PM

They've dominated the game.  On another note, who's drunk that's calling the game?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 18, 2007, 01:24:00 AM

That was an official beatdown of team with a good quarterback and some quality close losses. Also early season favorites. Defense and ST stepped it up tonight. Some big hits in the game. Seven turnovers. Gave up a few big plays but otherwise held Louisville well under their average yards.  Mike "Big-Time" Ford had a good game for a "freshman".  So did Grothe. I hope they crack the rankings again.  Big East is tough despite what anyone says. 

That announcer was ridiculously biased. Between the two of them they must have mentioned Brohm's name a thousand times. Even when USF had the ball.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 18, 2007, 09:52:53 AM

I'm serious. I think the one guy was drunk.  When he was talking to the Big East representative about Bowl possiblities, I could barely contain myself.

It appears that the OC finally remembered the past two weeks that Mike Ford was on the team.  Also, the young WRs played outstanding I thought.  Bogut, Hill, Hester, and even this Sherman kid give us some very soild WRs going forward.  This team is young.  We lose some very good defensive players, but return most of the starters.  And only lose Walker along the Oline and Jackson at WR (no real loss in my opinion) with the rest of the offense returning. 

armydx316

Starter

#4 : November 18, 2007, 10:28:26 AM

I'm serious. I think the one guy was drunk. When he was talking to the Big East representative about Bowl possiblities, I could barely contain myself.

It appears that the OC finally remembered the past two weeks that Mike Ford was on the team. Also, the young WRs played outstanding I thought. Bogut, Hill, Hester, and even this Sherman kid give us some very soild WRs going forward. This team is young. We lose some very good defensive players, but return most of the starters. And only lose Walker along the Oline and Jackson at WR (no real loss in my opinion) with the rest of the offense returning.

mike gottfried..I noticed that too. Watching the highlights on ESPN.com at the end his speech is very slurred.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 18, 2007, 10:54:42 AM

Was that his who it was?  I really wasn't paying attention to who was calling in.  That was hilarious though.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 18, 2007, 04:59:54 PM

We lose some very good defensive players, but return most of the starters. 

Not "very good" defensive players,  great defensive players .... Moffitt, Williams and Jenkins are going to be HUGE shoes to fill. Next year the offense may have to carry the team more than it has in quite a while but, with Grothe and Ford, that may very doable.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 18, 2007, 06:54:37 PM

We've lost great defensive players before.   The loss of the two CBs hurts, but I feel pretty good baout Leavitt's ability to keep that defense at tht top of its game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 18, 2007, 07:11:00 PM

Leavitt has been a helluva recruiter, that's for sure.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 18, 2007, 07:51:01 PM

We've lost great defensive players before.   The loss of the two CBs hurts, but I feel pretty good baout Leavitt's ability to keep that defense at tht top of its game.

Never lost 3 at one time that are as important as those 3 guys are ... Watching that game last night, Brohm had all the time in the world for most of the night but our coverage, most of the time, was giving him nothing and those 3 were a big part of that.... This next year may be Leavitt's toughest as far as keeping that defense up to the level we've been accustomed to the last couple of years.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 18, 2007, 09:05:45 PM

We've never had this kind of offensive talent returning either.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 18, 2007, 09:15:33 PM

23rd ranked in the BCS.  8) 8)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 18, 2007, 09:17:02 PM

Nice. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 18, 2007, 09:17:54 PM

Is there an echo? ;D

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 19, 2007, 04:03:54 PM

We've never had this kind of offensive talent returning either.

That's why I said that the offense should be able to carry the defense for a while next year ...   8)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF-Louisville « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools