Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just heard on Sileo « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« : November 17, 2006, 09:18:27 AM »

I think Roy Cummings was his guest. He states that the Bucs free agent QB pick up wil be...........Chris Simms  ;D

Sileo said Brunell

Tend to agree with Roy

DBuc

Second String

« #1 : November 17, 2006, 09:23:37 AM »

I hope Sileo is right

« #2 : November 17, 2006, 09:29:03 AM »

I think Roy Cummings was his guest. He states that the Bucs free agent QB pick up wil be...........Chris Simms ;D

Sileo said Brunell

Tend to agree with Roy

yay?

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #3 : November 17, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »

I was sort of hoping for Jake the Snake

Bill Wheeler

Rookie

« #4 : November 17, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »

Mark Brunell ! Give me a break, everybody needs to quit listening to idiot Sileo!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 17, 2006, 10:46:58 AM »

Mark Brunell ! Give me a break, everybody needs to quit listening to idiot Sileo!

Yesterday he was harping on about getting Caddy involved in the passing and kick returns more. 

He seems to think they haven’t been throwing to Caddy.  Obviously he isn’t watching the games, and he is relying on the stat sheets to come to this conclusion.   [banghead] [banghead]

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 17, 2006, 10:51:06 AM »

I think Roy Cummings was his guest. He states that the Bucs free agent QB pick up wil be...........Chris Simms  ;D

Well if Cummings says it, it must be true <sarcasm>

Seriously if they bring Simms back Gruden needs to change his playbook, and improve the running game, and let Chris start.  I think it is a really bad idea to have Simms has a back-up because it splits the fans and he isn’t a true WCO QB. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 17, 2006, 11:02:37 AM »

Brunell will be an FA once he's cut most likely. Here are the other FA's: http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html and scratch Wallace off the list. Brunell looks awfully attractive amongst those listees. As bad as the Skins are Brunell is 62% 8TD 4 INT this year. He's a useful backup level veteran now.

If Simms is the starter I would like to see Brunell has the back-up.   They are both left-handed and Simms could learn a lot from Brunell.  Their games are fairly similar, so it would be to diruptive if Brunell had to step in.

The way we go through QBs, maybe they should carry four on next years roster:

Simms (Starter) 
Brunell (Back up)

And Grads plus McCown in case Simms regresses again.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #8 : November 17, 2006, 11:23:29 AM »

I would agree with bringing in Brunell.

He's old, sure, but he is also a QB. Old QBs aren't a big problem because they can play for a long time at that position and level.

At the very least he would be the solid backup we've been looking for.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 17, 2006, 11:29:48 AM »

Maybe we could bring back Eric Zeire?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 17, 2006, 11:45:08 AM »

I have no problem with Simms has the starter if the play calling changes.  He needs a better O-line and game plan, and a veteran left-handed QB would be the ideal situation.    Grads and McCown are dirt cheap and contracted for at least two more years. 

Just bring in Brunell and keep four QBs, one will be on IR by week two anyway.  :(

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 17, 2006, 11:56:13 AM »

Yesterday he was harping on about getting Caddy involved in the passing and kick returns more.

He seems to think they haven’t been throwing to Caddy. Obviously he isn’t watching the games, and he is relying on the stat sheets to come to this conclusion. [banghead] [banghead]

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Caddy in kick returns.  He was pretty damn good in college, and it would be a way to get him a few more touches in the game.  He may have stone hands in the passing game but he never had a reputation for muffing kicks.

T

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 17, 2006, 06:39:42 PM »

I'd like to see Jake Plummer & Simms competing for the starting job with Gradkowski as the 3rd stringer.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 17, 2006, 07:24:28 PM »

Maybe the Bucs could swing a trade for Billy Volek.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 17, 2006, 09:08:35 PM »

I still think we can win with grads

Give him an offseason but still get a vet backup in here

You guys dont think we could win? You dont think if catches are made instead of dropped we are not 2-7?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just heard on Sileo « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools