Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Offensive free agents for 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 19, 2007, 09:01:01 AM

I like the idea of trading for Fitz, probably cost the first rounder and a 3rd, but I'd do it. Walk away with Larry Fitz and Dre Moore..
We need to sign Faine just in case Buenning doesn't work out, I mean the Bucs have ton of cap space. I like Hackett as well

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 19, 2007, 09:08:00 AM

I disagree. Graham is good and he would be ok splitting carries with Cadillac but he's not a feature back.

There are other options the team could look at other than Turner though.  He'd be great, but I really do think that Graham has played well enough that we should be looking at guys like Mewelde Moore as a complementary player rather than feeling like we *need* to get a A-list guy at the position.

Fitz is a really interesting possibility.  Sure, we'd have to PAY to get him, but he's one player that might just be worth it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 19, 2007, 09:40:07 AM

Cadillac Williams has turned into Yugo Williams and won't be ready for 2008. RBBC with Bennett, Graham, and Pittman is a possibility. If Bennett takes Yugo's job and Graham>Pittman, maybe we get Darby or a draft pick at #3. Williams just doesn't have the durability to play at this level. Pittman is serviceble (SP?) but twelve years is three careers for a typical NFL RB. Bennett has the speed but must lack something or Gruden would be playing him more.

This coming year will be very interesting at several positions.
I disagree. Graham is good and he would be ok splitting carries with Cadillac but he's not a feature back.

There are other options the team could look at other than Turner though. He'd be great, but I really do think that Graham has played well enough that we should be looking at guys like Mewelde Moore as a complementary player rather than feeling like we *need* to get a A-list guy at the position.

Fitz is a really interesting possibility. Sure, we'd have to PAY to get him, but he's one player that might just be worth it.

Unless Williams makes some miraculous recovery in the offseason, I believe he is done in Tampa. Graham needs to be part of a rotation to be effective for a full season plus the playoffs. He doesn't have the speed to be "the man". He does have skills and obviously is a valuable part of this team.

I don't see Williams making a comeback in '09. That would be his fifth season. Too much time lost to injuries. He needs a new career.

thanson

Starter

#18 : November 19, 2007, 09:42:21 AM

Sign the players we have now and build through the draft. I would Moss, but that will never happen.

Tampa2D

Rookie

#19 : November 19, 2007, 10:58:09 AM

I would have said turner after the caddy injury but graham looks nice. The wide receivers on the list would want big money and they arent worth huge money. I say go after some OL guys.

"You can either feel pressure or apply it, we are going to apply it. 60 minutes of speed and perfection!"  ~Jon Gruden

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 19, 2007, 11:22:22 AM

Unless Williams makes some miraculous recovery in the offseason, I believe he is done in Tampa. Graham needs to be part of a rotation to be effective for a full season plus the playoffs. He doesn't have the speed to be "the man". He does have skills and obviously is a valuable part of this team.

I don't see Williams making a comeback in '09. That would be his fifth season. Too much time lost to injuries. He needs a new career.

I don't know if he's done in Tampa, but I surely agree that the team can't afford to count on him to be back next year.  I think the team pretty much has to add another running back this offseason.  I'm just saying I think there'll be reasonable options in free agency if they chose to go that route.

T

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 19, 2007, 05:52:03 PM

Like to see Jeff Faine, Julius Jones and maybe Bryant Johnson here in TB. I'm not sold on Turner since he's a part time back. Remember Lamont Jordan was Curtis Martin's sought after backup and has done very little as a starter? So I wouldn't risk lots of cap space on a part time back, we already have a part time back in Carnell.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 19, 2007, 05:58:19 PM

I think Chad Johnson and Steve Smith may both be available for trade too.  I think it would be worth inquiring what it would take to bring one of those guys in; both are pretty immature players but given consistent QB'ing they are both elite receivers. I'd like the FO to try hard to bring Berrian here.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Buc31

Starter

#23 : November 19, 2007, 08:07:13 PM

Anybody on the Pats current roster would be an idiot for leaving that team. Its the one way street to the superbowl!

#24 : November 19, 2007, 08:08:37 PM

Like to see Jeff Faine, Julius Jones and maybe Bryant Johnson here in TB. I'm not sold on Turner since he's a part time back.

"So is Julius Jones".... signed Marion Barber 111

#25 : November 19, 2007, 08:09:34 PM

Anybody on the Pats current roster would be an idiot for leaving that team. Its the one way street to the superbowl!

I've seen a few superbowl rings on Ebay.... its about the $$$.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 19, 2007, 08:11:31 PM

C Jeff Faine is the only player on that list that I would not mind seeing the Buc's spend a lot on.  He would help our OL tremendously.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 19, 2007, 10:42:42 PM

The only name on that list that I would like to see in Tampa, realistically, is Bryant Johnson. And, that's because he should be relatively cheap and is a solid #3... I love what Ike is doing this year, but anyone that says it will continue or that we couldn't use a legit slot WR is disingenuous.

I personally don't TE as a need, and if we do grab one it won't be a pass catching type or a blue chipper (ala Clark). Michael Turner is going to be very expensive and Julius Jones is soft.

Gross would be a nice addition, but I am a Trueblood fan. And, if I'm not mistaken Gross for whatever reason just won't translate successfully into the LT position. Faneca would also be a nice addition but I also think our guard play is solid and will be real good soon.

The other possibility I see is Jeff Faine. If he's really turned it around (I haven't honed in on his play) then we can always use an upgrade at C.

One thing is for sure and that's that we will actually be a player in FA next year, to include on possible blue chip acquisitions.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 19, 2007, 11:04:44 PM

Jeff Faine and D.J Hackett

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 21, 2007, 10:44:12 AM

I think Chad Johnson and Steve Smith may both be available for trade too. I think it would be worth inquiring what it would take to bring one of those guys in; both are pretty immature players but given consistent QB'ing they are both elite receivers. I'd like the FO to try hard to bring Berrian here.

Wow! Steve Smith,  I think that is highly unlikely that we snag either him Chad or Fitz... Smith would be Really nice... Nothing like taking a div. rivals best player.

What would ya'll be willing to give up for smith?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Offensive free agents for 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools