Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Offensive free agents for 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 21, 2007, 11:10:02 AM

Like to see Jeff Faine, Julius Jones and maybe Bryant Johnson here in TB. I'm not sold on Turner since he's a part time back.
"So is Julius Jones".... signed Marion Barber 111
Yeah, but in Jones' first three seasons he averaged 240 carries and 965 yards rushing. Turner has never had more than 80 carries in a season. Jones has far more on his resume' that says he can carry the load.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 21, 2007, 11:18:36 AM

I would rather have the guy who has had less carries and "fresher" legs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 21, 2007, 11:28:28 AM

Maybe so but you have to ask yourself the question about being able to carry the load.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 21, 2007, 11:32:16 AM

I guess...

But I would think that he has carried the load before, in college, high school, etc..  I just think he is sitting behind the best all-around football player in the world and hasn't had thet opportunity to carry the load.

But we shall see if he can handle it next year, hopefully in a Buc uniform...if we doesn't want Nate Clement-type contract.

bryan12112

Starter

#34 : November 21, 2007, 12:53:27 PM

Bryant Johnson, please. Or if there is any truth to Arizona looking to trade Fitzgerald, that would be a perfect trade for the Bucs.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 23, 2007, 08:09:15 PM

Well Randy Moss wont be available and if he is, he will cost about 10 million.

I'd like his other WR, Donte Stallworth instead.  Won't cost as much and would be an upgrade opposite Galloway.  Galloway will probably play next year.  Remember, this isn't MAdden Franchise where he and GArcia retire next year.  Who knows what the future holds, but Stallworth is young and already has some chemistry with Garcia...

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 23, 2007, 10:26:54 PM

I think Chad Johnson and Steve Smith may both be available for trade too. I think it would be worth inquiring what it would take to bring one of those guys in; both are pretty immature players but given consistent QB'ing they are both elite receivers. I'd like the FO to try hard to bring Berrian here.

Wow! Steve Smith,  I think that is highly unlikely that we snag either him Chad or Fitz... Smith would be Really nice... Nothing like taking a div. rivals best player.

What would ya'll be willing to give up for smith?

Whether the two will be up for trade is mere speculation on my part really, but there have been murmurs about Chad's dismay about not having caught a TD since week 3 and about how TJ Houshmandzadeh has become the no.1 WR in that offense. Marvin Lewis seems to be a little ticked off about Johnson's immaturity. Smith seems to be unhappy about not getting the ball enough on big plays, but I think he'll realize that getting Delhomme back next year will help solve that issue.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 24, 2007, 09:23:16 AM

He's been a nice backup to LT, but I disagree he's shown the ability to be a feature back in the NFL anymore than Graham...and throwing millions of guaranteed dollars his way would be a MAJOR MISTAKE...IMO

You must be accountable for your actions!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 24, 2007, 09:25:40 AM

OK...fair enough.

I think he would be great in Tampa.  He can catch and he has the speed Graham doesn't.  I love Ernie, but Turner would be an upgrade.

I know Allen won't overpay for Turner, so we will only get him if the price is right.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 24, 2007, 08:59:49 AM

and is unproven...

You must be accountable for your actions!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 24, 2007, 09:06:23 AM

What do you want in a RB?  Somebody who is "proven" in the NFL?  So you only want someone who was drafted by somebody else and played for 5 years with them, at least.

I think Turner is "proven."  Every time he has got in the game, he proves he can carry the load.  I think him not getting used much will benefit him in the future, just like it has Earnest Graham.

BucsRule80

Starter

#41 : November 24, 2007, 11:15:16 AM

I'd love to see Jeff Faine here. Get Wade's ass out of here. I thought Benard Berrian was a FA too though. Is he not?

LA BUC

Starter

#42 : November 24, 2007, 12:05:06 PM

Faine. Johnson, Hackett and Stallworth.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 24, 2007, 12:44:06 PM

I don't see Moss leaving NE. For the first time in a long time he seems happy playing football. I see him taking whatever NE offers him.
But I'd like to take Faine and any of those WR. Just don't overspend. But we have B. Allen so i'm not worried about that at all.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#44 : November 24, 2007, 12:54:24 PM

maybe not offensive... but gimme Albert Haynesworth... we need ot add someone mean to our defense, and Haynesworth fills a huge need...

I wouldn't mine landing Faine either, but I really wanna see how Buenning is healing up after the offseason.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Offensive free agents for 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools