Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Offensive free agents for 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 24, 2007, 12:58:03 PM

I'd love to see Jeff Faine here. Get Wade's butt out of here. I thought Benard Berrian was a FA too though. Is he not?

Yes he is a FA, and IMO would be a great addition!  Rather have him than Stallworth or Hacket.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 24, 2007, 01:18:01 PM

Of that bunch I could see us going hard after Turner and Bryant, so that we don't have to gamble another high draft pick on the RB and WR positions. The rest of those guys will mostly end up with their same team.

I agree don't get excited about Hackett going anywhere.   Seattle has had enough trouble finding receivers they like. If they get one who can catch the ball they will lock him up.

gone

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 24, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

I like Allen, but Haynesworth might be a better fit.  With White and Adams as potentially good bookends, Haynesworth could be the missing link.  And if Sims steps up, we could have one helluva line going on that way.

On O, I like Turner, but I can't see us getting him, so scratch that from the list.  Just won't happen.  I'd really like to bring Clark here, or even LJ, as Stevens hasn't really shown much, and Becht is, well, Becht.  Faneca to C is interesting, but that's a bit of a reach to pay the money he'll want and ask him to move.  If he doesn't pan out there we have way too much talent locked up at G.  Faneca will get something like the cheddar that Hutch got. 

The Bennett experiment hasn't really started yet, so we don't really know what we've got there.  If we're not satisfied with what we have in Graham, Pitt, and Bennett, then I'd think Jones is the most likely that we could get at a reasonable price.

I'm up for bring in pretty much any receiver at this point.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 24, 2007, 03:49:28 PM

You all don't see Haynesworth getting franchised...I would think that is a no brainer...

You must be accountable for your actions!

gone

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 24, 2007, 05:23:34 PM

There's a lot of guys that could be franchised.  And a lot will.  But you can still talk about who you'd go after if you could.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Offensive free agents for 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools