Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the main reasons we have a losing season « previous next »
Page: 1

4bucs

Hall of Famer
: November 17, 2006, 11:41:28 AM

the poor play of Simms right off the bat and the outright terrible play of Galloway,Joeys drops and lack of effort is the biggest reason we're losing and hes getting lots of competion for the worst player this year on the Bucs from Clayton and Cadillac.Our last 2 draft picks look sorry to say the least...a little fat cat syndrome...if they had that fine for dropped balls those 3 would be broke,Cadillac is horrible catching the ball and the other 2 are real sissys always looking for the hit instead of looking the pass in.Thank god for Smith and Hilliard ,they have played good ball all year,you expect a rookie to have his troubles but Galloways no rookie ,his not diving for that sure td and him pulling up on a pass over the middle spoke volumes about his guts...he has none...he alone cost at least 3 games this year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 17, 2006, 11:49:40 AM

the poor play of Simms right off the bat and the outright terrible play of Galloway,Joeys drops and lack of effort is the biggest reason we're losing and hes getting lots of competion for the worst player this year on the Bucs from Clayton and Cadillac.Our last 2 draft picks look sorry to say the least...a little fat cat syndrome...if they had that fine for dropped balls those 3 would be broke,Cadillac is horrible catching the ball and the other 2 are real sissys always looking for the hit instead of looking the pass in.Thank god for Smith and Hilliard ,they have played good ball all year,you expect a rookie to have his troubles but Galloways no rookie ,his not diving for that sure td and him pulling up on a pass over the middle spoke volumes about his guts...he has none...he alone cost at least 3 games this year.

They have been collectively poor, and it is a true team effort.  It all starts with the roster and preparation, so the coaches take the bulk of the blame. IMO

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 17, 2006, 11:52:53 AM

Its not fair to put the blame on Chris.  When your team only has two wins this year it is not just one player but a team collapse.  With that said I do not think it is a lack of talent but the lack of coaching on both sides of the ball.

DBuc

Second String

#3 : November 17, 2006, 12:11:26 PM

Wow MJS...I had no idea that you were that well informed on the team's preparation in going on the field.  Please enlighten us with some detail about what they are doing to  get prepared for each game on how they should go about it improving this?  Was it the time you observed the film study with the players or sat in on the game planning with the coaches, the walk-throughs in the week?  Anything?  Or are you just assuming that when a player fumbles the ball by hitting the butt of his right guard or a receiver drops a pass...that they have to have not been well-prepared.  I am always dying for inside information and so please enlighten me on what you have learned or know about the Bucs preparation process.  By the way...is Cowher not preparing his team properly this year?

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 17, 2006, 12:47:31 PM

We have a losing season because we've lost five more games than we've won.  ;)

IanD15

Rookie

#5 : November 17, 2006, 02:42:54 PM

We lose because our offense shows up on day, then our defense shows up, then they both take the day off and get a lose.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 17, 2006, 02:54:17 PM

So it's Simms and Galloways fault we have lost 7 games? COME ON. Maybe our defense plays a role?Or maybe the offensive line?Or hell, what about the WHOLE team. Blaming it on two players, one who isn't even playing right now is ridiculous

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 17, 2006, 04:51:56 PM

I blamed Simms for those first three losses.  Now I only hold him about 50% accountable for the losses.  The team as a whole is playing the same right now as it did in the first few weeks.  This performance is understandable to a certain extent under a rookie, but inexcusable under a "rising star" like Simms was supposed to be. 
He gets that big a chunk of blame because he played worse than his replacement.

That said, those were only three games, so blaming him for the season is ridiculous.  The biggest reason, BY FAR, is the loss of Rod and Tomlin.  With the D performing at the same rate as last year, we would have a winning record right now, even with our issues on O...

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 18, 2006, 09:07:20 AM

please guys before calling my post rediculous read the whole thing PLEASE,I posted that Simms was responsible for the 1st 2 losses and went on to Galloways,Claytons and Cadillacs terrible play being a main reason for the next 5 losses if you think thats rediculous then you don't know nothing about football.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 18, 2006, 09:26:55 AM

I blame everyone except Mike Alstott, we would have won 5 more games with Mike as the featured back. If Gruden wasn't so agaisnt those big, sexy........I mean big McKay guys......you get the point

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : November 18, 2006, 10:22:05 AM

Ridiculous.

T

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 18, 2006, 01:08:21 PM

Lots of reasons the Bucs have been pathetic this year but I think it all starts with coaching, in the pre-season this offense looked pathetic against vanilla bland defenses. Here are the main reasons the Bucs have regressed this year.

1- Coaching on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball. Kiffin and Gruden have failed to adapt their schemes to attack opposing teams weaknesses.

2- QB play has been awful. By basically two Rookies in Simms and Gradkowski.

3-Defense has gotten old very quickly and can't get any pressure on the QB.

4-Slow starts by both the Offense and Defense, have hurt the Bucs early in games. I'm a strong believer in starting fast, on both offense and defense and the Bucs have failed to do that all year long.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 18, 2006, 01:22:01 PM

Lots of reasons the Bucs have been pathetic this year but I think it all starts with coaching, in the pre-season this offense looked pathetic against vanilla bland defenses. Here are the main reasons the Bucs have regressed this year.

1- Coaching on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball. Kiffin and Gruden have failed to adapt their schemes to attack opposing teams weaknesses.

4-Slow starts by both the Offense and Defense, have hurt the Bucs early in games. I'm a strong believer in starting fast, on both offense and defense and the Bucs have failed to do that all year long.
1- no, they have changed their attacks,  Kiffin more than Gruden,  Gru is limited in his calling with a rookie, and was limited by Simms poor play before that.  Kiffin has been throwing everything he has, and the players aren't getting it done. 
2- Simms was not "basically a rookie"  4th year player there.  The QB play has been awful overall though. (again, caveat, rookies are expected to be awful)
3-Defense didn't age overnight.  What changed was coaching.
4-Yes, we haven't started fast a lot.  That's not a "reason" though, it's a symptom of other issues just like our record is.

People seriously underestimate the effect of losing Rod and Tomlin on this defense.  We didn't pay those guys to cheerlead.  If there impact on the team's play was as minimal as people seem to think, why pay them at all?

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 18, 2006, 01:38:14 PM

1- no, they have changed their attacks, Kiffin more than Gruden, Gru is limited in his calling with a rookie, and was limited by Simms poor play before that. Kiffin has been throwing everything he has, and the players aren't getting it done.
2- Simms was not "basically a rookie" 4th year player there. The QB play has been awful overall though. (again, caveat, rookies are expected to be awful)
3-Defense didn't age overnight. What changed was coaching.
4-Yes, we haven't started fast a lot. That's not a "reason" though, it's a symptom of other issues just like our record is.

People seriously underestimate the effect of losing Rod and Tomlin on this defense. We didn't pay those guys to cheerlead. If there impact on the team's play was as minimal as people seem to think, why pay them at all?

I don't buy into this theory that Simms isn't a Rookie, I hear players saying that your a Rookie until you've played 16 games. Simms may've been in the league for 4 years but he hasn't started in entire 16 games... yet. So until Simms starts 16 games  he is a Rookie in my eyes.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the main reasons we have a losing season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools