Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS LB CATO JUNE ARRESTED FOR DUI « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 19, 2007, 08:53:21 AM

Damn, he was all over the field the whole year

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 19, 2007, 08:56:40 AM

Looks like Ryan Nece is gonna get 4 games of playing time.

I doubt Cato gets a suspension.  If so, we're in BIG trouble because Ryan Nece is HORRIBLE.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 19, 2007, 08:57:29 AM

Ryan Nece is the slowest player on the team

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 19, 2007, 09:00:03 AM

WHATS THE RULE ON FIRST TIME OFFENDERS>?????????

PLEASE, ANYONE THAT HAS KNOWLEDGE!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 19, 2007, 09:04:24 AM

I've never had a DUI. However, I personally think a DUI is no big deal.

You need to go and spend a few Friday and Saturday evenings with the rescue services or sit in the ER with the mourning families.

My bet is that less than 10% of americans have never driven a car while being "legally" intoxicated.

Link?

You want me to link to "javabuc's bet"?    I'd have to link directly back to this thread for that.

I've driven while legally intoxicated at least 100 times.  I've never been arrested for it, and never had an accident.   However, given my body size and the strict conditions for being "legally intoxicated", I am considered to be legally intoxicated after 2 beers.    It's very rare that I ever drink at all anymore, but when I was younger it was rare that I didn't have a couple of beers before going home.

Are you saying you've NEVER had a few beers then drove yourself home?    I seriously doubt that to be true.   I don't personally know a single person who is a close friend who has not done that.    And my friends are upstanding members of society for the most part.  

In my opinion, if the police want to truly enforce DUI, alcohol should be made illegal in our society.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#35 : November 19, 2007, 09:10:57 AM

WHATS THE RULE ON FIRST TIME OFFENDERS>?????????

PLEASE, ANYONE THAT HAS KNOWLEDGE!
I found this info in a Washington Post article from back in April http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/10/AR2007041000827.html

"The four-page conduct policy says that any employee of the league or a team can be disciplined without being convicted of a crime. Employees, the policy says, are subject to being disciplined for criminal offenses; any violent or threatening behavior toward another employee; possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting; or any conduct that puts another person in danger or tarnishes the league's reputation. A first-time offender must undergo a formal clinical evaluation and perhaps counseling but generally will not face discipline, the policy says. A repeat offender is subject to a fine, suspension, or banishment from the league by the commissioner and might have to apply for reinstatement. A player can appeal a punishment to the commissioner."

Here's something from an article from Sept. 2006 about a Jags player who pleaded no contest to drunk driving http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/sep/15/jaguars_williams_pleads_no_contest/?nfl

"He still could be disciplined by the NFL for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. Any player who is arrested or charged with a crime must undergo a mandatory evaluation, counseling or both. If the player is convicted or pleads guilty to a crime, he is subject to discipline at the discretion of the commissioner."

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#36 : November 19, 2007, 09:17:52 AM

I've never had a DUI.   However, I personally think a DUI is no big deal.   
I drove a towtruck for a company that had a contract with the city.. DUI's are a big deal.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 19, 2007, 09:19:38 AM

I've driven while legally intoxicated at least 100 times.  I've never been arrested for it, and never had an accident.   However, given my body size and the strict conditions for being "legally intoxicated", I am considered to be legally intoxicated after 2 beers.   

You are clueless.

http://www.intox.com/wheel/drinkwheel.asp

I can drink about 8 beers in a 3 hour period before I am DUI.

Are you saying you've NEVER had a few beers then drove yourself home? 

Nope, never enough to be anywhere close to DUI.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#38 : November 19, 2007, 09:21:51 AM

What, a person can make a bad decision? If this was a common occurance I'd be upset, but June has been a model player throughout his career. He get's a pass from me.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 19, 2007, 09:22:28 AM

Tampa Cops Suck.

What a moronic comment.

Agreed...dumbasses drinking and driving suck.

Will he be suspended?  Who would take his place, Black?  Nece?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 19, 2007, 09:24:09 AM

What, a person can make a bad decision? If this was a common occurance I'd be upset, but June has been a model player throughout his career. He get's a pass from me.

People either drink and drive or they don't.  This is probably just the first time he has been caught.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#41 : November 19, 2007, 09:26:18 AM

Keepon, I found an even better source, from the NFLPA Drug Policy http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/RulesAndRegs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf

"B. Alcohol-Related Offenses.
The Commissioner will review and may impose a fine, suspension, or other appropriate
discipline if a player is convicted of or admits to a violation of the law (including within
the context of a diversionary program, deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision,
or similar arrangement including but not limited to nolo contendere) relating to the use of
alcohol. Absent aggravating circumstances, discipline for a first offense will generally be
a fine of one-half (1/2) of one-seventeenth (1/17) of the amount in Paragraph 5 of the
NFL Player Contract to a maximum of $20,000.
If the Commissioner finds that there
were aggravating circumstances, including but not limited to felonious conduct or serious
injury or death of third parties, and/or if the player has had prior drug or alcohol-related
misconduct, increased discipline up to and including suspension may be imposed.
Discipline for a second or subsequent offense is likely to be a suspension, the duration of
which may escalate for repeat offenses."

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#42 : November 19, 2007, 09:27:53 AM

People either drink and drive or they don't. This is probably just the first time he has been caught.

Care to post some stats?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 19, 2007, 09:32:09 AM

People either drink and drive or they don't. This is probably just the first time he has been caught.

Care to post some stats?

Just go and sit in the parking lot of a local sports bar for a few Friday evening's.  You will see the same guys having a few beers on their way home after work.  Heck some of them might even be Java's buddies.   ;)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 19, 2007, 09:32:47 AM

Keepon, I found an even better source, from the NFLPA Drug Policy http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/RulesAndRegs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf

"B. Alcohol-Related Offenses.
The Commissioner will review and may impose a fine, suspension, or other appropriate
discipline if a player is convicted of or admits to a violation of the law (including within
the context of a diversionary program, deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision,
or similar arrangement including but not limited to nolo contendere) relating to the use of
alcohol. Absent aggravating circumstances, discipline for a first offense will generally be
a fine of one-half (1/2) of one-seventeenth (1/17) of the amount in Paragraph 5 of the
NFL Player Contract to a maximum of $20,000.
If the Commissioner finds that there
were aggravating circumstances, including but not limited to felonious conduct or serious
injury or death of third parties, and/or if the player has had prior drug or alcohol-related
misconduct, increased discipline up to and including suspension may be imposed.
Discipline for a second or subsequent offense is likely to be a suspension, the duration of
which may escalate for repeat offenses."

Well done, thanks man.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS LB CATO JUNE ARRESTED FOR DUI « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools