Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's PC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: November 19, 2007, 11:22:36 AM

Some guy starts off the PC by asking if June has a drinking problem, and then if Gruden allows drinking on the plane. Then later he asks if Gruden is considering the Michigan job. JG says, "I don't know who the hell you are, but you're throwing me some fast balls..."   Who is this guy? Didn't sound like one of the typical reporters.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 19, 2007, 11:34:04 AM

Reasonable questions.

But Gruden has his dream job right now.  He has always maintained that stance, IMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2007, 11:43:39 AM

He sounded like an assbag, no question.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 19, 2007, 12:06:45 PM

Has any NFL HC ever left the pros to be a college coach? 

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 19, 2007, 12:08:38 PM

saban, recently

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 19, 2007, 12:13:20 PM

saban, recently

ok, has any sane HC left for a college job.
jk

He is the exception, and the 'phins were in shambles and I think he saw the writing on the wall.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 19, 2007, 12:24:48 PM

Reasonable questions.

But Gruden has his dream job right now.  He has always maintained that stance, IMO.

No, they weren't "reasonable questions".  "Do you have a statement on the June situation?" is a reasonable question.  "Does Cato June have a drinking problem?" is most definitely NOT.  The guy was a a-hole, and clearly trying to irritate, not trying to get reasonable questions answered.

I really would like to know who that was.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 19, 2007, 12:30:10 PM

Who is this guy? Didn't sound like one of the typical reporters.

Bornabuc was finally able to get into one of the press conferences.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 19, 2007, 12:33:42 PM

JG was a little slow:

Q ~ "Does Cato June have a drinking problem?"

A ~ " Nope he has a drinking and driving problem"

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 19, 2007, 12:44:07 PM

We have the ABSOLUTE WORST local sports writers in the country.  It's a shame we are subjected to this garbage weekly. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 19, 2007, 12:48:58 PM

Reasonable questions.

But Gruden has his dream job right now. He has always maintained that stance, IMO.

No, they weren't "reasonable questions". "Do you have a statement on the June situation?" is a reasonable question. "Does Cato June have a drinking problem?" is most definitely NOT. The guy was a a-hole, and clearly trying to irritate, not trying to get reasonable questions answered.

I really would like to know who that was.

If he had a supposed tough guy New Yawk accent I could give you a possibility.  ;)

If there is a way a member of the media can perform their job as unprofessionally as possible it will be discovered by a member of the Tampa Bay media.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 19, 2007, 12:55:37 PM

The fact Gruden doesn't know who he is -- in Week 11 of the season -- proves it probably wasn't a local reporter. I'm thinking a plant from some other media outlet. Agreed there's a way to ask those questions and still get a comment from the coach. Guessing the press pass gets pulled for that dude.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#12 : November 19, 2007, 01:09:55 PM

Just watched it.  Gru looks/sounds tired.  He gets a little mad at the second question about drinking then gets in flow of the PC.  The question pertaining to the Mich. job, Gruden smiles and rolls with it.  For the record, he didn't say "hell" there (he definitely has in past when he's mad).  He did well considering his fatigue and the out of left field kind of questions.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 19, 2007, 01:34:37 PM

Well the reporter that asked if cato june has a drinking problem was ira kaufman. I can sense another article from ira that says how the bucs are a bad character team.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 19, 2007, 01:36:47 PM

I don't think it was Ira...Gruden knows Ira.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's PC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools