Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's PC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 19, 2007, 03:52:29 PM

Reporter was from ABC 28

Do you happen to know his name? The guy really needs to know how to ask a question in a better way. He should have asked "Coach do you have any comments on the Cato June's situation?"

On a side note why on earth would anyone think that Gruden would take a college coaching job. His offense is built for the NFL and the college kids would never be able to grasp it. Even if we fired him he would be a head coach in the NFL. I just can't see Gruden coaching a college program.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#31 : November 19, 2007, 04:53:26 PM

Cross off ABC 28 from the list.  Chip Carter seems like the only local good sports reporter (not including PR).

superbuc

Practice Squad
#32 : November 19, 2007, 05:04:54 PM

Cross off ABC 28 from the list. Chip Carter seems like the only local good sports reporter (not including PR).

Was going to agree, but channel 10, wstp does a fair job.  Weird it was 28 since TK and Al Keck work some with PR.  28 is not usually one to stir the pot so much - maybe this new guy is trying to get noticed!

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 19, 2007, 05:17:37 PM

Well he sure got noticed, but in a very bad way.  He came off like a jerk and heckler after a big win.  Just negative...and his question presentation reeked.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 19, 2007, 06:31:16 PM

Sounds like a wanna be Jim Gray to me ... Look like an assjack and when people want to hire an assjack for the "tough questions" he'll be the first one they bring in ...  People love "Dirty Laundry".

I personally hope he gets run right out of town. 

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 19, 2007, 06:50:57 PM

Someone has to know who he is. Anyone know anyone at 1 Buc who might b able to answer the question?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#36 : November 19, 2007, 11:26:30 PM

Someone has to know who he is. Anyone know anyone at 1 Buc who might b able to answer the question?

Wouldn't have have to show credentials to someone or are they loose about things at One Buc?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#37 : November 19, 2007, 11:57:26 PM

I thought it was good that he asked those questions. I'd like to know the answers to them instead of Gruden's typical "no comment" stance.

At any rate, it was really funny to see Gruden's reaction to the questions. That was priceless.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 20, 2007, 12:03:29 AM

I thought it was good that he asked those questions. I'd like to know the answers to them instead of Gruden's typical "no comment" stance.

At any rate, it was really funny to see Gruden's reaction to the questions. That was priceless.

Yeah....Gruden looked like he wanted to strangle the guy.

The guy had no business asking if Cato June has a drinking problem. He obviously phrased it that way 1. to get attention 2. because he's a moron.

I thought the Michigan question was legit and the question of the Buc's policy on drinking on the plane was out of place but probably should have been answered.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 20, 2007, 09:35:01 AM

You are right, Ryan, the last two questions were legitimate.

But like some posters on here, when you say something stupid first, you lose the credibility you say on everything after that.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#40 : November 20, 2007, 11:06:12 AM

Really it isn't Gruden's place to comment on if Cato June has a drinking problem in the first place. That's Cato June's area where he needs to say what happened, etc. Gruden couldn't speak on that even if he wanted to.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#41 : November 21, 2007, 11:12:14 PM

I think it is his place. If one of his players gets drunk, drives, kills someone on the road, it'll be Gruden's and the Buc's problem. So if his players are getting drunk and driving after games, its his job to prevent it - whether it means talking to them before releasing them after a game, or banning drinking on the plane after games, etc. Its part of being the boss. If my family member, God forbid, gets injured by a drunk Buc on I-4, I-75 after a game, I'll direct my lawyer to sue the Buc's organization.

The question was stupid, but easy for Gruden to answer. Really he should have expected the press to ask him about that blotter report....."We don't have all the answers, we'll look into this situation, and we'll take action where needed" -

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 22, 2007, 01:06:20 AM

I think it is his place. If one of his players gets drunk, drives, kills someone on the road, it'll be Gruden's and the Buc's problem. So if his players are getting drunk and driving after games, its his job to prevent it - whether it means talking to them before releasing them after a game, or banning drinking on the plane after games, etc. Its part of being the boss. If my family member, God forbid, gets injured by a drunk Buc on I-4, I-75 after a game, I'll direct my lawyer to sue the Buc's organization.

The question was stupid, but easy for Gruden to answer. Really he should have expected the press to ask him about that blotter report....."We don't have all the answers, we'll look into this situation, and we'll take action where needed" -

1. I suspect Gruden was expecting questioning about the incident. The way it was phrased seemed to throw him.

2. Gruden is in no position to answer the question as to whether any of his players has a drinking problem...particularly publicly.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#43 : November 22, 2007, 02:35:19 AM

As the leader of the team, he owes it to the public to show a concern and a responsibility to what happened.

Dungy would have.

graypilgrim

Starter

#44 : November 22, 2007, 07:53:01 AM

The culture has changed, it used to be that reporters reported the news. Now, they are seeking media star status and will wind up and twist any story that they think will capture the attentions of the public which translates into stardom. Ethics are out the window, unless it is their's that is being breached. As for Tampa having the worst, sadly what we have here are merely shadows of what lurks in the major market areas where competition is fierce to character asassinate anyone. Just take a look at what the media does on a regular basis with the president. As Wolf Blitzer once said: "...my job is to make the news."
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's PC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools