Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF/FSU « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2007, 09:03:46 AM

The pregame trash talking from Hayes turned into a postgame nightmare for Florida State. Hayes wouldn't talk to reporters afterward and got into a profanity-laced verbal altercation with Associated Press writer Brent Kallestad before UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley stepped in as the peacemaker. Hayes couldn't bring down Tebow as he predicted, but, hey, he nearly took down a 62-year-old wire-service reporter.

At one point early in the game, Hayes and Tebow went facemask to facemask like two heavyweight boxers in a stare down. In the end, though, Tebow was Muhammad Ali and Hayes was Tex Cobb.

"I got a little fired up after that," Tebow admitted.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi2507nov25,0,2151169.story

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 25, 2007, 09:00:19 AM

THAT was a SLAUGHTER. Great game to be at!

gatorgirl!

Starter

#2 : November 25, 2007, 10:58:43 AM

GREAT ARTICLE.

even better game. sittin in the nole section last night....couldn't have been a more enjoyable time. watching them cry into their sodas and popcorn was worth the 4 hour traffic jam on i75! =)

where was geno hayes?!?! apparently nowhere near superstar tebow.

on a side note....do ya really think tebow will get it being a sophmore? mizz's qb had a hell of a game last night too...and hes older, and possibly playing in the bcs title game. whatcha think?!

#3 : November 25, 2007, 11:00:52 AM

Geno Hayes is one of the most talented LB the Seminoles have had in 2 decades but I didnt agree with how he approached this game.

Congrats to UF, Tebow is amazing. I hate UF, and especially UF fans, but damn Tebow throws a good ball. Harvin is an amazing talent too. Im not sure if he will be a RB, but hes pretty special no matter where you put him.  

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 25, 2007, 11:26:01 AM

Hayes is good, but there have been many better at FSU.  His mouth works well though at least until his foot gets shoved into it.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2007, 02:03:38 PM

Who ya got this week?

I like UF by 13

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 19, 2007, 02:12:59 PM

I think Florida will win because they are the better team.  It is tough to pick a score in these rivalry games...but getting Percy back on Saturday is worth at least 1 extra TD.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 19, 2007, 02:57:20 PM

I just want to point out that USF beat FSU in men's hoops last night.

There is also a good opportunity that USF plays FSU in a bowl game this year, which USF will also win.

USF > FSU

Thank you. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 19, 2007, 04:14:54 PM

USF might play UF in a bowl game if they don't play the Zooks. That's the game right there. FSU isn't worthy. UF by 20+ over FSU.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 19, 2007, 04:19:40 PM

USF might play UF in a bowl game if they don't play the Zooks. That's the game right there. FSU isn't worthy. UF by 20+ over FSU.

I don't think there's any possible scenario of USF playing UF ....

#10 : November 19, 2007, 08:24:39 PM

I don't think there's any possible scenario of USF playing UF ....

I agree.  USF looks Sun Bowl Bound if they win this week.

UF looks to play in Tampa or Orlando with a win this week against FSU.  Outside chance at BCS game IF UT loses to KY and then UGA gets beat (and maybe have to get beat bad) by LSU.  Or if UT wins vs. KY but loses to LSU and UGA loses to GT.  That would put UT, UF, and UGA all at 3 losses, with UF blowing out UT, UT blowing out UGA, and UGA beating UF.  Gotta think the Orange Bowl would love to have UF in their game under that scenario.  Would think given UF's past travels to NO Sugar Bowl would also snap UF in this case.  All teams having 3 losses I think UF would be attractive as NC last year, most likely the Heisman champ this year, and well known history of traveling. 

As far as this game, I think it will be closer than it should be.  UF defense looks very banged up in the secondary, which should allow even FSu to score points.  Probably a shootout, UF winning something like 49-38.   I don't think FSU can stop UF short of Tebow getting knocked out.  UF should make Drew look good, or whoever they throw in there with the way their defense is banged. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 19, 2007, 08:49:57 PM

FSU score 38?  Wow. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 19, 2007, 09:02:21 PM

I don't think FSU can stop UF short of Tebow getting knocked out.

Nothing life or career threatening but I'd love for FSU to knock him out for the rest of the year to give someone else a shot to take over the Heisman lead.... if he already dosn't have it locked up.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 19, 2007, 09:54:07 PM

Why the hate?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 19, 2007, 10:19:02 PM

I don't think FSU can stop UF short of Tebow getting knocked out.

Nothing life or career threatening but I'd love for FSU to knock him out for the rest of the year to give someone else a shot to take over the Heisman lead.... if he already dosn't have it locked up.
Why? Because he has earned it by doing things QB's have never done in the entire history of college football. Wow the levels you stoop to in rooting against a 19y/o kid.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF/FSU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools