Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF/FSU « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Snook

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 20, 2007, 12:16:57 PM

I know FSU doesn't have much of a chance in the swamp this Saturday but the Noles have NOTHING to lose.  They're SUPPOSED to lose.  They're SUPPOSED to get blown out.  Ina rivalry game, that's dangerous.  And a loss by UF would be humiliating, in my opinion. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 20, 2007, 01:03:19 PM

its pretty sad when injuries are openly wished on college kids.

For God's sake, lighten up Francis ...... if I thought there was another way to get him out of the Heisman race, I'd have taken it.

you want a kid to get hurt so he wont get an award, and i should lighten up?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 20, 2007, 01:11:18 PM

its pretty sad when injuries are openly wished on college kids.

For God's sake, lighten up Francis ...... if I thought there was another way to get him out of the Heisman race, I'd have taken it.

you want a kid to get hurt so he wont get an award, and i should lighten up?

A sprained ankle is too much too ask??

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 20, 2007, 06:07:30 PM

I don't think FSU can stop UF short of Tebow getting knocked out.

Nothing life or career threatening but I'd love for FSU to knock him out for the rest of the year to give someone else a shot to take over the Heisman lead.... if he already dosn't have it locked up.

rest of the year huh? ya know it's their last game right?

Sorry, I thought they had enough wins to qualify for a bowl ..... my bad.

way to root for an injury to a kid because you're still bitter from the bulls sucking butt.

Get over it, **CENSORED**head. This has nothing to do with the Bulls. My disdain for the Gators goes way back before USF even dreamed about a football team ... and the dislike comes because of ahole fans like you.

awwww... sally did i strike a nerve?

cant come up with any defense other than to resort to a few names?

I think my defense was pretty obvious, at least to the semi intelligent. My disdain has nothing to do with Bulls/Gators like you so ignorantly tried to attach it to. My name calling was, obviously, NOT a defense but rather a character analysis...

oh and if memory serves correctly...the balloting for the heisman is done BEFORE the bowl games... but you bein a college wizard and all would know that.

You said Saturday is their last game. It's not. You were wrong, as usual. Accept it and move on...

you implied that the bowl game had bearing on his heisman hunt. you're now backpedalling. you should accept THAT.

and you're a freakin loser for wishing any injury on another... i hope you dont have kids because karma's a B.I.T.C.H.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 20, 2007, 06:31:28 PM

I don't think FSU can stop UF short of Tebow getting knocked out.

Nothing life or career threatening but I'd love for FSU to knock him out for the rest of the year to give someone else a shot to take over the Heisman lead.... if he already dosn't have it locked up.

rest of the year huh? ya know it's their last game right?

Sorry, I thought they had enough wins to qualify for a bowl ..... my bad.

way to root for an injury to a kid because you're still bitter from the bulls sucking butt.

Get over it, **CENSORED**head. This has nothing to do with the Bulls. My disdain for the Gators goes way back before USF even dreamed about a football team ... and the dislike comes because of ahole fans like you.

awwww... sally did i strike a nerve?

cant come up with any defense other than to resort to a few names?

I think my defense was pretty obvious, at least to the semi intelligent. My disdain has nothing to do with Bulls/Gators like you so ignorantly tried to attach it to. My name calling was, obviously, NOT a defense but rather a character analysis...

oh and if memory serves correctly...the balloting for the heisman is done BEFORE the bowl games... but you bein a college wizard and all would know that.

You said Saturday is their last game. It's not. You were wrong, as usual. Accept it and move on...

you implied that the bowl game had bearing on his heisman hunt. you're now backpedalling. you should accept THAT.

I prefer to call it tapdancing around the subject ..... and on that subject, I guess this means you think he has the Heisman wrapped up and it doesn't matter what he does his last REGULAR SEASON game of the year?

and you're a freakin loser for wishing any injury on another... i hope you dont have kids because karma's a B.I.T.C.H.

Give me a frigging break, Ms Sensitivity. It's an Internet message board. Nothing I say or do will have ANY effect whatsoever on Tebow. If I thought it did I'd never say it, so get off your phony, righteous high horse.

#35 : November 20, 2007, 06:43:57 PM

There isnt a big difference in talent. FSU is clearly more talented at LB and DL and their experience in the secondary makes them a more formiddable group than UFs. FSU's RB is better, and their WR are right there. I dont care what UF homers say. The OL probably isnt close, and neither is QB, and UF is coached better, UF should take this game but I dont care what UF homers say FSU's talent is comparable

I'll disagree on the LB and DL.  UF has just as much "talent" in those areas, but FSU has far more experience.  Smith is likely a better RB than anyone UF has, yes, but UF running game is better.  FSU's WR are classic underachievers.  I think most anyone would take UF's group over FSU all day long.  I'll agree with the rest though.

#36 : November 20, 2007, 06:46:38 PM

FSU score 38? Wow.

Yes, that does seem high but when considering UF's beat up secondary and injury sitaution as a whole on defense I think it is plausible.  FAu managed 20 on them, and I have to believe FSu has more talent than them.  Factor in it being a rivalry game and I could see FSU scoring a bunch.  Problem is, UF could put it all together and shut them down just as easy.  I don't see FSU stopping UF (short of Tebow injury), and I didn't want to call a 49-14 thrashing.  So I think yeah, given all those things FSU will score a bunch. 

But, I wouldn't be surprised at another 2005 showing either.....

#37 : November 20, 2007, 06:49:41 PM

A friend emailed me this piece from GC.  Found it quite interesting.

Do We Need Metal Detectors?

As if the game didn't mean enough for these guys, the Noles have to start rattling off at the mouth about taking out Tebow. It’s not like this game isn’t a heated rivalry to begin with since both teams’ rosters are filled with players that at one time or another thought they might be playing on the other side of the field from where they will be standing Saturday. But here we are, just a few days before THE game and that team whose five-year run has been a steady downhill slide starts jaw slapping. Maybe some trash talk will fire them up. In reality, all I can say is thanks Noles. Thanks Noles. If the Gators ever needed a wake up call you just gave it to them.

The Gators have a large contingent of players that at one time might have thought about being Seminoles. There was a time when senior starting safety Tony Joiner, starting junior receivers Louis Murphy and Cornelius Ingram and starting left guard Jim Tartt all thought about being Seminoles. These guys have been through a few of the wars with the Seminoles and they know what to expect when it comes to the taunting and “playing below the belt” the Noles are known for in the series.

Then there are the young guys.

Florida State at one time thought it had handles on sophomore safety Dorian Munroe as well as sophomore starting linebacker Dustin Doe. They even thought they had a chance with Percy Harvin. Imagine that. The Noles knew they were going to sign a plethora of freshmen that ended up signing with the Gators instead.  Can you imagine how the last two years might have been if the Noles had actually inked freshmen offensive linemen Michael and Maurkice Pouncey, Carl Johnson, and Marcus Gilbert, defensive tackle Torrey Davis, Brandon Hicks, and/or Major Wright?  All of these youngsters will likely play a significant role in the game on Saturday. Florida State would most likely feel a whole lot better about its team and its “All-World” coaching staff if the Seminole roster had a few of these young Gators adorning their roster.

And that brings us to the latest from our fine friends from Tallahassee. Exhibit A is linebacker Geno Hayes, who has issued a threat. Why am I not surprised? This is the same football program that over the last 20 years has re-written the books on bad sportsmanship and thug mentality. That goes for on and off the field.

More on that in a minute, but let’s talk about Mr Hayes and his threat to take out Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

“We are going to have the attitude that Tim Tebow is going to go down this week,” said Hayes to Scott Carter of the Tampa Tribune and other reporters after FSU’s Monday practice. “Tim Tebow is going down this week. Ya’ll put that down. Tim Tebow is going down this week. That attitude.”

If anyone should know about going down, it’s Geno Hayes. Arrested back in the summer for creating a disturbance outside a Tallahassee nightclub in the wee hours of the morning, Hayes was a little bit less than cooperative with Tallahassee’s finest. One thing led to another and next thing you know, Geno Hayes was doing his best “don’t tase me bro.” Even though the TPD had to use a taser to subdue Hayes, all charges were dropped as they usually are in Tallahassee and Hayes was asked to follow in the footsteps of dozens of FSU linebackers before him by running the stadium steps. The emphasis is on asked. No telling if he actually HAD to do it.

Maybe we should be hoping that Hayes doesn’t hide a taser in his uniform to use on Tebow in a pile.

Okay, maybe that’s carrying things to an extreme, but the Seminoles have instigated or tried to instigate a few incidents in the past.

Take 1998 in Tallahassee. Remember when the two Semi walk-ons instigated a pre-game on-the-field brawl? The two walk-ons were ejected. Big deal. They weren’t even dressed out. They got what they wanted, however, because Florida’s starting cornerback Tony George was ejected before the game ever started and it cost Florida dearly.

Then there was 2003. Yeah, “The Swindle in The Swamp.” After the ACC’s incompetent officiating crew headed up by Jack Childress made no less than eight rotten calls that basically gave the Semis the game, a post-game brawl broke out at midfield. A member of the Florida weight training staff was knocked unconscious by a Semi linebacker who swung his helmet as a weapon. Makes you wonder about Bobby Bowden and his assistant coaches when you see that kind of stuff happen. If things like that happened once in a blue moon, maybe we could be forgiving of the Semis, but this is a pattern of behavior that goes back more than 20 years and ole Bobby and his staff have never seen fit to put an end to the thuggery.

Two years ago during Florida’s Senior Day ceremony, the Seminoles took the field while the UF seniors were still being announced. Pretty classless, but what do you expect from that bunch? Fred Rouse and at least one or two other Seminoles went rushing up to where Todd McCullough was standing with his parents. Rouse called Mrs. McCullough a whole string of names that can’t be printed here. The Semis try to deny that happened, but it did and there were thousands upon thousands of witnesses. Want to know what makes this story even funnier? After the Gators had embarrassed the Semis, 34-7, Rouse came running up to Urban Meyer and told him he made a mistake going to FSU; that he should have been a Gator.

Anyway, I’ve come to expect low class, thug-like behavior out of that football program so it is no surprise that Geno “Don’t tase me bro” Hayes has resorted to threats to take out Tim Tebow. I guess drastic times call for drastic measures. Considering the Semis have a legitimate shot at a second straight six-loss season, I guess we’ve reached the drastic point.

I have a great idea. Maybe the Gators should install metal detectors at the visitors tunnel. The damn thing might go off and scare the hell out of all 90,000 people in the stands when the Semis take the field but at least we’d know our boys in blue would be safe.

If I happen to encounter the aforementioned Mr. Hayes after the game, I think I’ll preface any remarks with “don’t tase me bro.”

Snook

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 20, 2007, 11:45:06 PM

Cute article.  What nerd wrote that? 

Complaining about ejections from 1998?  I guess he forgot about Doug Johnson slinging a football directly at Bobby Bowden's head during that same brawl and missing.  He wasn't ejected. 

And whining about refs in 2003?  Give me break.  Losers blame refs.  The refs weren't the reason UF's defense couldn't stop lowly Chris Rix, D-Robinson, and PK Sam on that final scoring drive. 

Its funny how even after UF's dominance in the state of Florida the last two years, some UF fans just can't move on.  Truly sad.

And is VERY ironic that the writer complains about FSU bringing its team out two years ago during UF's Senior Day.  I went to every UF-FSU game in Tallahassee while Spurrier was coach of UF and I remember VERY CLEARLY that Spurrier did this to FSU EVERY year from 1990-2002.  Maybe that's where Bowden got the idea from. 

Oh, and when Geno Hayes said "Tebow is going down"..... THAT'S FIGURATIVE.  Not LITERAL.  Geez.  Any fool with half a brain cell could figure that out.  If I said "UF is going down on Saturday", does that mean I'm going to injure or hurt the entire team?  No.

To say that a player or team is "going down" is a pretty common phrase.

Its reading things like this that reminds me why I hate the Gators and their whiny fans.  Your team (the writer) is clearly the #1 team in the state of Florida and you're still so insecure that you need to take shots at FSU.  Sad.

Enjoy your success.  But do so with a little bit of class.  This "article" is the opposite of that.  Its whiny, pathetic and juvenile.  If FSU wins on Saturday, I'd LOVE to hear this tool's excuses.... because there'd be PLENTY.

And don't forget, winning doesn't last forever.  Just ask Miami and FSU. 

#39 : November 20, 2007, 11:45:13 PM

UF homers would probably say they don't care what the FSU homers say. ;)

Fair enough : )

Ive always accepted that Im a FSU homer, but I honestly think the talent is comparable. FSU probably has 4 1st day picks on both sides of the ball

UF doesnt have a Geno Hayes on their defense. I don tthink they anyone thats bette rthan NIcholson either. FSUs DL is beastly

FSU WR arent underachievers, their QBs ar ethe underachievers. Fagg is the real deal and so is Carr and the young guys have played reall ywell all year too

#40 : November 20, 2007, 11:58:58 PM

Cute article. What nerd wrote that?

Complaining about ejections from 1998? I guess he forgot about Doug Johnson slinging a football directly at Bobby Bowden's head during that same brawl and missing. He wasn't ejected.

And whining about refs in 2003? Give me break. Losers blame refs. The refs weren't the reason UF's defense couldn't stop lowly Chris Rix, D-Robinson, and PK Sam on that final scoring drive.

Its funny how even after UF's dominance in the state of Florida the last two years, some UF fans just can't move on. Truly sad.

And is VERY ironic that the writer complains about FSU bringing its team out two years ago during UF's Senior Day. I went to every UF-FSU game in Tallahassee while Spurrier was coach of UF and I remember VERY CLEARLY that Spurrier did this to FSU EVERY year from 1990-2002. Maybe that's where Bowden got the idea from.

Oh, and when Geno Hayes said "Tebow is going down"..... THAT'S FIGURATIVE. Not LITERAL. Geez. Any fool with half a brain cell could figure that out. If I said "UF is going down on Saturday", does that mean I'm going to injure or hurt the entire team? No.

To say that a player or team is "going down" is a pretty common phrase.

Its reading things like this that reminds me why I hate the Gators and their whiny fans. Your team (the writer) is clearly the #1 team in the state of Florida and you're still so insecure that you need to take shots at FSU. Sad.

Enjoy your success. But do so with a little bit of class. This "article" is the opposite of that. Its whiny, pathetic and juvenile. If FSU wins on Saturday, I'd LOVE to hear this tool's excuses.... because there'd be PLENTY.

And don't forget, winning doesn't last forever. Just ask Miami and FSU.

Can't speak for all you write, but.

As an independant observer of the game in 2003, I have to agree, that was one of the WORST officiated games I have EVER seen.  I normally won't talk about officiating because I am a firm believer that 1 or 2 calls don't make a game.  And that is usually what refs get wrong, if that.  However, that game had at least 5 big plays that were completely wrong that directluy affected the outcome of the game. 

As for the 98 incident, I do believe the problem (as stated by the writer) was not Johnson throwing the ball but how that all came about in the first place.  Had the FSu players not started an altercation I am sure a ball would not have been thrown.

As for interpreting what Hayes meant, you don't know just as well as the writer doesn't.  What we do know is what was said.  One can only err on the side that he really did mean it - especially considering that many others have said the same thing and really, FSU knows the only way they can win is if Tebow is gone.  Hell, I even read where Andrews said the only way he could stop Tebow is a way he can't say for fear of arrest!

All fans are whiny at some point. That's a fact. It goes with the territory.  I think the article is well written, I don't necessarily agree with it all, but I don't call it whiny.  I think someone having a different take on events than me doesn't make them whiny.  There are a lot of opinions on both sides, that can be viewed different ways.

I don't see the lack of class in the article either. I think it's what you would expect to see.  An opposing teams take on events that happened.  As they say, always 2 sides to every story.  I do think however there is truth in some of what is written.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 21, 2007, 07:57:11 AM

FSU knows the only way they can win is if Tebow is gone. 

Not really.  Georgia took "Tebow down" 6 times and won.  Auburn ran the ball down UF's throat and won.  LSU rose from the dead and won.  Tebow doesn't have to be gone for UF to lose.

You, I and the writer know what Hayes really meant.  Give me a break.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 21, 2007, 08:24:13 AM

I like whoever wins

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 21, 2007, 08:33:59 AM

Its reading things like this that reminds me why I hate the Gators and their whiny fans. Your team (the writer) is clearly the #1 team in the state of Florida and you're still so insecure that you need to take shots at FSU. Sad.

Enjoy your success. But do so with a little bit of class. This "article" is the opposite of that. Its whiny, pathetic and juvenile. If FSU wins on Saturday, I'd LOVE to hear this tool's excuses.... because there'd be PLENTY.

And don't forget, winning doesn't last forever. Just ask Miami and FSU.
Maybe if Florida wins the players can parade around the field holding up a decapitated Seminole Indian. Would that be classy?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 21, 2007, 08:51:36 AM

FSU knows the only way they can win is if Tebow is gone.

Not really. Georgia took "Tebow down" 6 times and won. Auburn ran the ball down UF's throat and won. LSU rose from the dead and won. Tebow doesn't have to be gone for UF to lose.

You, I and the writer know what Hayes really meant. Give me a break.

you're comparing FSU to Georgia, Auburn and LSU?

Have you even seen FSU play this year?

They are nowhere close to those teams levels.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF/FSU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools