Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Released-USF 23rd over Rutgers and Cincy(snicker) « previous next »
Page: 1

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2007, 04:11:42 PM

With an impressive victory over Louisville USF climbs back into the top 25 and is looking to get a solid bowl game if they can beat Pittsburgh to close out season. Although it was disappointing to watch them lose 3 in a row after climbing to #2 I'll be very happy if we end up ranked in the top 25 with a 9-3 record. GO BULLS!!!

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=741202

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2007, 04:18:44 PM

Sadly though, BCS rankings don't mean much unless you're in the top 12 ..... I just hope things work out so the Meineke Bowl can take USF and FSU if available.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2007, 01:18:36 AM

If we can win at Pitt and our Bowl game it will be another first for USF's young program.  Our first 10 win season.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 20, 2007, 02:44:01 AM

If your in the top 12 are you guaranteed a BCS Bowl? Im curious cause if ASU wins out they will go to the rose bowl, and if Oregon wins out they will be no lower then 10th... so Id assume the fiesta bowl.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 20, 2007, 07:08:39 AM

Top 12 guarentees a nonBCS team (i.e. Boise State last year, maybe Hawaii this year) a BCS bowl.  I'm not so sure that teams from BCS conferences are guarenteed a BCS berth because of a top 12 finish, but it can't hurt.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 20, 2007, 08:27:11 AM

Top 12 guarentees a nonBCS team (i.e. Boise State last year, maybe Hawaii this year) a BCS bowl. I'm not so sure that teams from BCS conferences are guarenteed a BCS berth because of a top 12 finish, but it can't hurt.

Maybe thats it. Because I believe Oregon was top 12, in 2005 and got sniffed by Notre Lame.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 20, 2007, 12:01:18 PM

If your in the top 12 are you guaranteed a BCS Bowl? Im curious cause if ASU wins out they will go to the rose bowl, and if Oregon wins out they will be no lower then 10th... so Id assume the fiesta bowl.

I should have said top 14.... BCS teams become eligible for an At-Large bid if they're in the top 14 and have won 9 games. Only guaranteed spots, initially, for the BCS conference teams are the top 2 teams and the 6 conference winners.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 20, 2007, 01:15:19 PM

No offense because I was rooting for you guys, but if I were you I'd be very concerned about winning out. Leaf looks like a bad high school QB out there. I really hope they have somebody else.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 20, 2007, 10:24:20 PM

No offense because I was rooting for you guys, but if I were you I'd be very concerned about winning out. Leaf looks like a bad high school QB out there. I really hope they have somebody else.

Nope the guy whos going to take over next year (Costa) torn his acl about 4 weeks ago in practice. Oregon just cant catch a break. If Costa was healthy Leaf wouldnt be playing. And they finish with UCLA and OSU both have there problems at QB, so they have a decent shot. Its all going to come down to how mentally tough they are.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 20, 2007, 10:27:33 PM

USF reeled big time after the tough loss to Rutgers.  You can't prepare for losing a guy like Dixon.  Oregon's matchups are favorable and now they'll have an opportunity to prepare for life with out Dixon.

#10 : November 20, 2007, 10:34:01 PM

Losing a starting QB is never easy in the NFL, much less CFB.  Look at OR without Dixon.  USC when they lost Booty.  Just 2 examples there, but when you lose a good QB it can kill a team.  Factor in other guys out and you have problems.  Your starter may be able to overcome the other guys out but a backup QB makes a world of a difference.  Think Bucs do this well with Grads this year?

Imagine UF without Tebow or USF wothout Grothe.....I bet both those teams have 2-3 more losses.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 21, 2007, 01:18:34 AM

Nope the guy whos going to take over next year (Costa) torn his acl about 4 weeks ago in practice. Oregon just cant catch a break. If Costa was healthy Leaf wouldnt be playing. And they finish with UCLA and OSU both have there problems at QB, so they have a decent shot. Its all going to come down to how mentally tough they are.

Ouch Oregon. I was definitely rooting for Oregon. I think one of the best games of the year would have been Oregon vs West Virginia. I don't know if you guys have enough to face LSU, and neither do most teams, but a great offensive shootout wouldn't have been bad. Good luck the rest of the year.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 21, 2007, 02:05:23 AM

USF reeled big time after the tough loss to Rutgers. You can't prepare for losing a guy like Dixon. Oregon's matchups are favorable and now they'll have an opportunity to prepare for life with out Dixon.

Not really... Costa wont be playing. One sweet thing that happened this week Jasion Williams (WR) called out all the Brady leaf haters and said you can come down to our practice and tell me Leaf Sucks. That kind of attidute they need to win the next 2. They need to rally behind Leaf, like Oregon did behind Dixon when Clemens broke his leg a few years ago.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 21, 2007, 02:06:46 AM

Ouch Oregon. I was definitely rooting for Oregon. I think one of the best games of the year would have been Oregon vs West Virginia. I don't know if you guys have enough to face LSU, and neither do most teams, but a great offensive shootout wouldn't have been bad. Good luck the rest of the year.

Ya still alot of football to play. You never know we still may face WVU if OSU goes to the national championship game. But it definately wont be the same without Dixon.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Released-USF 23rd over Rutgers and Cincy(snicker) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools