Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: rejuvinated warren sapp « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pick6

Hall of Famer
: November 17, 2006, 05:41:12 PM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_RAIDERS_SAPP?SITE=FLPET&SECTION=HOME

didn't realize he'd put together 6 sacks as a situational player this year...glad to see him back in form....under the circumstances, it was his time to leave tampa, i guess, and i'm glad we didn't have to be part of his last 2 down years, but i wish we had that sort of production at under tackle this year. if he keeps this up he might revive that HOF bid.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 17, 2006, 06:34:27 PM

revive the HOF bid?

He is a lock imo...

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 17, 2006, 06:35:37 PM

Definite lock.  He was THE dominant defensive player in the game in his day...

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 17, 2006, 06:41:14 PM

I doubt that Sapp is a lock for the HOF. I think Brooks is the only surefire HOFer from the Bucs Defensive glory days.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 17, 2006, 08:02:02 PM

i think our perspective is a little skewed as bucs fans...he was the best in the game for about 4 years, but to call him the greatest DT of his time, even the best pass-rushing DT, is to sell john randle short....

sacks and disruption were sapps trademark...
sapp: 90.5 sacks in 12 seasons (12th still ongoing)
randle: 136.5 sacks in 14 seasons

he's got a good shot, but reviving his career in oakland can put him over the top, maybe put him in first ballot territory.  nobody's talked about him for 2 years, even now he's just starting to get face time again...playing while nobody notices hurts your shot.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 17, 2006, 09:03:22 PM

I would not mind seeing Sapp back in Tampa.  NEXT year, to be honest.  The tackle play has been so mediocre, that even an average Sapp is an improvement, PLUS, it puts him back in a Bucs uniform, which is where he belongs, and should retire as.  Sapp and Hovan is better than Hovan and rookie, or Hovan and Wyms, IMO.

Plus it gives rookies a chance to slowly break into the NFL, and maybe even take some Snaps from an old Sapp, who might need a breather now and then.  But it is not going to happen.  Oh well.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 17, 2006, 09:11:08 PM

Sapp's leadership has been missed here since he left.

What I dont miss is his mouth.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 17, 2006, 11:16:37 PM

Comparing him over 12 years or whatever  doesn't cut it.  In his prime he was THE guy you talked about.  Has the ring he needed, he's a lock.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 18, 2006, 01:04:22 AM

i am happy for him.he always gave his best effort for his bucs.he might have been a jerk off the field or not popular in the lockerroom.still he was dominant for several years.as for the hall he has a 50/50 shot.i can see him making it.john randle too.heck if rayfield wright can make it why not one of the best at his position for years.he made the pro bowl plenty.also he cannot ever be viewed as a wasted draft pick.he always will have a special place in bucs history.any real bucs fan cannot deny that.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : November 18, 2006, 01:48:55 AM

Warren Sapp--HOF lock.  Buc forever!! Booger's biggest problem was he was not Warren. The main reason Sapp wasn't so productive the last couple of years was because he was playing in a different system. Now they are in  another system he is better suited for. I think he could still be productive here.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#10 : November 18, 2006, 06:47:19 AM

Didn't Randle line up at DE some as well?

Either way, if Sapp gets his 100 sacks as a DT, with his exposure, with a ring, being part of one of the best and most consistent defenses of his time, he should be a no doubter. Not necessarily a 1st ballot guy, but he'll get in. And I still love seeing big #99 doing well and getting his due props.

coopsxx

Starter
#11 : November 18, 2006, 09:47:48 AM

i think our perspective is a little skewed as bucs fans...he was the best in the game for about 4 years, but to call him the greatest DT of his time, even the best pass-rushing DT, is to sell john randle short....

sacks and disruption were sapps trademark...
sapp: 90.5 sacks in 12 seasons (12th still ongoing)
randle: 136.5 sacks in 14 seasons

he's got a good shot, but reviving his career in oakland can put him over the top, maybe put him in first ballot territory.  nobody's talked about him for 2 years, even now he's just starting to get face time again...playing while nobody notices hurts your shot.

Sapp also has a superbowl ring
& D player of the year

was his 16 sacks in a season a record for DT's?

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 18, 2006, 09:48:37 AM

I dont remember Randle lining up as a DE

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : November 18, 2006, 10:23:14 AM

I miss Sapp. I think we should have at least tried to sign him.

Maybe we can lure him back after this season. We can't do much worse and he will instill some accountability back on our sloppy defense.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 18, 2006, 11:01:01 AM

Warren Sapp is definately NOT a lock for the HOF.  Sports Illustrated's Doctor Z says he won't vote for him and he knows a lot of people who won't either.  This from a guy who actually has a vote.  He says a lot of the voters feel he took too many plays off.  He could get in, but this is proof that he's not a lock.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: rejuvinated warren sapp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools