Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHO OR WHAT IS TO BLAME FOR THE BUCS' DOWNFALL? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

: November 17, 2006, 06:47:01 PM

Group,

I just posted a new Pewter Insider column on the front page of www.pewterreport.com. Scott Reynolds and I frequent the message boards and listen to sports talk radio quite often, and we know people have been debating whether Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen should be fired at the end of the season. I decided to use my on-line column to chime in. Here's the teaser:

"What has happened to the 2-7 Buccaneers, and who is to blame for their disappointing season? Pewter Report’s Jim Flynn uses this Pewter Insider column to look at the facts and explain the circumstances that have led to the Bucs’ downfall this season and since winning Super Bowl XXXVII."

If you're not already a Pewter Insider subscriber, you can become one today by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827) or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.pewterreport.com/subscribe

Enjoy!

By the way, if you wish to discuss this column in detail, please use the Pewter Insider message board to do so. Thanks.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 17, 2006, 07:01:58 PM

I think "If you only read one article..." applies to this one.  Awesome job guys.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 17, 2006, 07:04:28 PM

That article is exactly the way I've feel about it as well.   Maybe we can get a rebuttal from Karen?

#3 : November 17, 2006, 07:19:37 PM

I blame Isiah Thomas

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 17, 2006, 07:22:08 PM

I blame Charlie Casserly.  Good story.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 17, 2006, 09:12:33 PM

Great read.. this is a must read for all non insider members..

it explains why we are 2-7 perfectly

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 17, 2006, 09:16:44 PM

One word:  Hallelujah!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : November 17, 2006, 11:12:36 PM

nice read JF, but be prepared to be labeled a homer and/or Gruden lover by some around here, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

edit: ah yes,i just looked at the insider board, it has happened already :D

#8 : November 18, 2006, 12:03:04 AM

ABuccs...if you are out there, read the article.  It is EXACTLY what I told you on the phone 2 weeks ago (i.e. Tannenbaum/Parcells).

You think I am old and stupid, but I'm just old.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 18, 2006, 12:21:24 AM

great, great read JF!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#10 : November 18, 2006, 01:36:03 AM

That article is exactly the way I've feel about it as well.   Maybe we can get a rebuttal from Karen?
   Be sure to notice the extremely long rebuttal is not by me. ;)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : November 18, 2006, 02:09:31 AM

ABuccs...if you are out there, read the article.  It is EXACTLY what I told you on the phone 2 weeks ago (i.e. Tannenbaum/Parcells).

You think I am old and stupid, but I'm just old.

When have I ever called you stupid? Come on now Ed.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 18, 2006, 02:48:34 AM

Be sure to notice the extremely long rebuttal is not by me. ;)

I see one rebuttal.   It appears that over 90% of the people here agree with JF on this one.   And as far as "extremely long", I think you have to consider who posted that.   That was actually one of the shorter posts by dal.    ;D

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : November 18, 2006, 02:57:42 AM

Please note--I did not disagree. Especially since you singled me out as some one who would.  I don't really understand the problem since there are tons of posts for Simms, against Grads, against Gruden, & against Allen---none of them by me! But I am the only one you want to call out. Not really fair.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 18, 2006, 05:18:31 AM

I didn't mean to call you out.   I know there are others who complain.   It just seems that you complain about Gruden more than anybody else.   I figured you'd probably want to give us your opinion, which has been the exact opposite of that article from what I've seen.   If you've changed your mind and now don't think Gruden is to blame for everything under the sun then that's cool.   
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHO OR WHAT IS TO BLAME FOR THE BUCS' DOWNFALL? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools