Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's hot: Anthony McFarland « previous next »
Page: 1

sostpete

Practice Squad

« : November 17, 2006, 08:08:15 PM »

Who's hot: Anthony McFarland

College: LSU.

Experience: 8th year in NFL, 1st with Colts; acquired on Oct. 17 in trade with Tampa Bay. Originally selected by Buccaneers with 15th overall pick in 1999 draft.

The skinny: Has appeared in 102 games, 88 as a starter. . . . Was acquired to be the 300-pound force in the middle of the line after Corey Simon was placed on the NFL's non-football illness/injury list. . . . Career totals include 321 tackles, 21 sacks and five fumble recoveries.

Recent impact: Posted first sack with the Colts last Sunday against Buffalo, getting to JP Losman in the second quarter. Also had a season-high five tackles, including four solos. Overall, he has 16 tackles in four appearances with Colts.

Tony Dungy on McFarland: "I thought (Buffalo) was really his best game. He's learning what we do, learning his teammates and just getting a little more comfortable week in and week out. That was kind of his type of game and he was productive inside and had some good rushes when he got the chance."

-- Mike Chappell

Copyright 2006 IndyStar.com. All rights reserved

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 17, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »

I think a 2nd round pick is hotter.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 17, 2006, 08:46:17 PM »

I think a 2nd round pick is hotter.

Me too.   That trade was the best thing we have done all year so far.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 17, 2006, 09:06:06 PM »

We can surely get a person that can have 16 tackles and 1 sack in 4 games with that late round pick

We got the better deal.

unless the colts win the SB then it worked out for them lol

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 17, 2006, 09:12:14 PM »

unless the colts win the SB then it worked out for them lol

Even if they win the SB, that was a great deal for us.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 17, 2006, 09:13:59 PM »

I think they were do desperate for help at DT they would have gave us a #1 if we threw in a bridge in Brooklyn ;D ;D

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 17, 2006, 09:18:34 PM »

We can surely get a person that can have 16 tackles and 1 sack in 4 games with that late round pick

Wyms I believe has already matched that production even when he missed the last game.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #7 : November 17, 2006, 09:20:44 PM »

How many think he would have ever had another game like that if stayed with the Bucs.  Anybody? Bueller?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 17, 2006, 10:48:48 PM »

I don't think he played all that well versus the Bills last week.  I watched it.  Five takedowns?  Really?  Could have sworn it was only 2, but hey...he is a low impact guy.

And for the record, he had 11 tackles in 4 games.  Not exactly doing it.

I guess it beats having a BIG DOUGHNUT in the tackle column, week in and week (or should I say WEAK) out.  The guy is not worth a first, was a steal for a second, and should not have been drafted even in the third.  His motivation is for dogcrap.  I am not a fan of his, I tried to cut him some slack as a fan, but as the time DRAGGED ON, I realized this guy is not a good football player.  Average to mediocre.  WOuld not suprise me if he gets hurt in Dallas this week.

T

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 18, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »

I was surprised the Bucs got a 2nd Rounder for Booger. Bruce Allen stole a top Draft Pick from the Colts.

frankbuc

Second String
« #10 : November 18, 2006, 04:01:24 PM »

I am glad he is gone

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 19, 2006, 09:17:37 AM »

Boy how people on this board have changed their stance on Mr Band Aid tied  with Yatta for 2nd as the 2 biggest under achievers the bucs ever had with Curry still reigning as number 1 player that always had a clean jersey before and after the game...Dungys pet...made all the social visits with the coach off the field ...lots of ass kissing that paid off for 4 years of absolute sucking.But in recent years especially since Sapp left,they would triple Sapp every game  so it actually looked like Booger was doing something but after he got paid and Sapp left he sat on his ass and played golf in between long stints on the DL every time he farted ,burpped, or hiccuped.....him and Yatta laided down like dogs the last 4 years...good riddence.

Nobodys jumping on me now though after calling me a hater for merely posting the truth.....
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's hot: Anthony McFarland « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools