Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packages & Formations « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: November 21, 2007, 01:37:59 PM

After watching some Patriots games over here and doing some digging and listening to different shows, there are a few things that stick out to why the Patriots are scoring so much.

They use a plethora of different packages and formations using unconventional plays that are typical run out of certain packages and formations, but not the formation or package that the Patriots are showing before the actual play they are running, granted it helps to have the pieces on offense but they can plug different running backs in and still be productive.

The questions is with Gruden having a veteran qb why has he not been more creative with his play designs to maximize his players abilities to maximize their chances to score on offense?

Its all about creating mismatches on offense and keeping opposing defenses guessing.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 21, 2007, 03:05:55 PM

I don't think you should be spending so much time looking at the Patriots' packages.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 21, 2007, 03:08:15 PM

DTG, since I left the door open for that one, I will man up and give props for the clever response

john.matincheck

Starter

#3 : November 21, 2007, 03:43:52 PM

Hopefully it wasn't the back door!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packages & Formations « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools