Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just Curious? « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: November 18, 2006, 03:13:03 AM

How many loyal fans of Jon Gruden, were loyal fans of Tony Dungy? 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 18, 2006, 07:56:32 AM

I am one.  8)

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 18, 2006, 08:07:49 AM

I like Gruden and I really liked Dungy. I also knew when it was Dungy's time to go. And with Gruden I am easily willing to give him another season.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 18, 2006, 01:20:00 PM

i'm a loyal fan of the bucs, so......

calicojack

Starter
#4 : November 18, 2006, 01:38:10 PM

I was sad to see Tony get fired, but I was glad to see Gruden get hired.  Still am.

The Dream Team

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 18, 2006, 01:39:47 PM

I'm loyal to the Bucs, not to anyone one player or coach. It's all about the Bucs organazation and their continued success, not anyone player or coach.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 18, 2006, 05:00:47 PM

I like the choice they made when the fired dungy FOR gruden.. I didnt like when they were talking about parcells or marvin lewis or mooch..

just like when they fire gruden which will eventually happen..

They better have a good name on the list.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 18, 2006, 06:18:29 PM

I'm a fan of the team, that means hoping for the best for them, no matter which players or coaches are cast in that role. That said, I really respected Coach Dungy and what he brought to the team, but I felt he didn't have the approach necessary to get the job done in the post-season. Therefore, I was happy to see the Bucs make a move that led to their championship season, resurrecting a team that had started to decline before the window closed.

Knowing that there is a plan in place that will hopefully get this team back on track, I support Coach Gruden remaining here at least through next season. However, if this team doesn't show signs of getting back to a high level of play next season, then I also support the notion of going in a different direction if that's best for this team in the long run.

#8 : November 18, 2006, 06:31:13 PM

not me. gruden is da man.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 18, 2006, 06:42:02 PM

I'm a fan of the team, that means hoping for the best for them, no matter which players or coaches are cast in that role. That said, I really respected Coach Dungy and what he brought to the team, but I felt he didn't have the approach necessary to get the job done in the post-season. Therefore, I was happy to see the Bucs make a move that led to their championship season, resurrecting a team that had started to decline before the window closed.

Knowing that there is a plan in place that will hopefully get this team back on track, I support Coach Gruden remaining here at least through next season. However, if this team doesn't show signs of getting back to a high level of play next season, then I also support the notion of going in a different direction if that's best for this team in the long run.

Good post, Dan.   That sums it up for me as well.   As much as I liked Dungy, it was clearly time for him to go.    It's not time for Gruden to go.   In my opinion, talking about firing Gruden right now is just plain ignorant.   But if things dont improve next year, that option will be thrown onto the table.  Right now it's not even an option.   

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just Curious? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools