Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adams credited with a sack and forced fumble « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: November 21, 2007, 08:52:47 PM

The NFL ruled that the INT Chris Hovan was given credit for was actually a forced fumble and sack by Gaines Adams giving him 3.5 for the season

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 21, 2007, 09:03:43 PM

OH NO!!! But he REALLY didn't deserve it!!!!!   He is a bust... when will everyone figure that out?!

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 21, 2007, 09:06:06 PM

Too bad they didn't give it to him in time for him to get the votes he deserves for rookie of the week.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 21, 2007, 09:33:11 PM

He is a bust...

I have to agree with you so far.    He's not a major bust, but he hasn't been worth the 4th pick in the draft.    I hope he'll continue to improve.   The problem is we only play the Falcons one more time this year.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 21, 2007, 09:34:40 PM

He needs to pick it up, QUICK. Mario Williams is 22 yrs old and Gaines is 24

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 21, 2007, 09:38:04 PM

He needs to pick it up, QUICK. Mario Williams is 22 yrs old and Gaines is 24

Everybody keeps bringing up his age, but yrs. in the league is just as important...10 yrs. in the league is 10 yrs. in the league regardless of how old you are...10 yrs. in the league will leave the same bangs and bruises at age 32 as it will at age 34...

I hope people are getting my point...the body wears down the same regardless of your age...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 21, 2007, 09:45:22 PM

Physical age does matter as well.     

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 21, 2007, 09:48:49 PM

But back to the original post...good for Gaines...didn't realize the NFL did those kinds of reviews, but he definitely got robbed on the stat sheet Sunday...too bad for Hovan. :P

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 21, 2007, 10:03:21 PM

He is a bust...

I have to agree with you so far. He's not a major bust, but he hasn't been worth the 4th pick in the draft. I hope he'll continue to improve. The problem is we only play the Falcons one more time this year.

Another stupid post!  Way too early to say something so foolish!  Warren Sapp only had 3 sacks his entire rookie season and he started most of the season?  Gaines has started 2 games thus far.   Was Sapp a bust?

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 21, 2007, 10:59:52 PM

I believe its Elias Sports Bureau that provides the official numbers for stats that the NFL uses.

But not all official stats are done by them-for example, number of tackles are kept by each team.

At least that's my understanding.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 22, 2007, 09:28:22 AM

He is a bust...

I have to agree with you so far. He's not a major bust, but he hasn't been worth the 4th pick in the draft. I hope he'll continue to improve. The problem is we only play the Falcons one more time this year.

Another stupid post! Way too early to say something so foolish! Warren Sapp only had 3 sacks his entire rookie season and he started most of the season? Gaines has started 2 games thus far. Was Sapp a bust?

3 sacks from a DT position in your rookie year is AMAZING.
3 sacks from a DE position in your rookie year is AVERAGE.

also, as you say, sapp was good enough to be the starter his rookie year. adams wasn't able to get the starting nod over patrick chuck-who-ra.

i am not claiming adams is a bust. but the "sapp had only 3 sacks" rationale is just as flawed as claiming adams a bust.

Admirebucs

Starter

#11 : November 22, 2007, 10:04:00 AM

He is a bust...

Another stupid post! Way too early to say something so foolish! Warren Sapp only had 3 sacks his entire rookie season and he started most of the season? Gaines has started 2 games thus far. Was Sapp a bust?

3 sacks from a DT position in your rookie year is AMAZING.
3 sacks from a DE position in your rookie year is AVERAGE.

also, as you say, sapp was good enough to be the starter his rookie year. adams wasn't able to get the starting nod over patrick chuck-who-ra.

i am not claiming adams is a bust. but the "sapp had only 3 sacks" rationale is just as flawed as claiming adams a bust.

Amazing? 3 sacks for a 3-4 NT might be "amazing" but for a 4-3 pass rushing DT? No way....

And Sapp played on a pretty good line too actually which can't be said about Gaines.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 22, 2007, 10:46:34 AM

Dont tell born a poone...He'll go nuts!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 22, 2007, 10:53:45 AM

Like Java said, unfortunately we only play the Falcons and their 4th string OT one more time this year. Our arena league defensive end deserves Gaines's contract this year as far as I'm concerned because he's 100% completely outperformed Adams and he doesn't need QBs to fall down or "the league" to decide when he's sacked the QB.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

shutdabucup

Second String

#14 : November 22, 2007, 11:01:10 AM

Like Java said, unfortunately we only play the Falcons and their 4th string OT one more time this year. Our arena league defensive end deserves Gaines's contract this year as far as I'm concerned because he's 100% completely outperformed Adams and he doesn't need QBs to fall down or "the league" to decide when he's sacked the QB.

Exactly...every cloud has a crappy lining...no reason at all to feel good about any win this team has or any success whatsoever that any player has as long as Gruden is coaching.  Long live the eternal pessimist.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adams credited with a sack and forced fumble « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools