Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adams credited with a sack and forced fumble « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 22, 2007, 11:16:36 AM

Like Java said, unfortunately we only play the Falcons and their 4th string OT one more time this year. Our arena league defensive end deserves Gaines's contract this year as far as I'm concerned because he's 100% completely outperformed Adams and he doesn't need QBs to fall down or "the league" to decide when he's sacked the QB.
Well, the league either gives HOvan a INT, or Gaines a FF and a sack.  Does it really matter?  The fact is, he is getting there lately. 

Of course, you being a complete fool wouldn't know that, because you skew things to match your tendency for fabrication.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 22, 2007, 11:21:37 AM

And by "lately" of course you mean against the Falcons. I included that in my post, he was going against 3rd/4th stringers. When he faces 1st stringers he gets shut down and he's not even doubled.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 22, 2007, 11:22:09 AM

And by "lately" of course you mean against the Falcons. I included that in my post, he was going against 3rd/4th stringers. When he faces 1st stringers he gets shut down and he's not even doubled.
He gets doubled frequently you moron.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 22, 2007, 11:23:38 AM

That's BS

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 22, 2007, 11:24:26 AM

BornaBuc Loves Gruden

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 22, 2007, 11:35:58 AM

This is what I want from Gruden and I'll back off and be happy. Stop meddling in personnel decisions, get a top notched offensive coordinator. Since I'm going to say there's absolutely no way he does either I'd prefer he just leave so we can get someone in here who's ego isn't going to hold the team back.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 22, 2007, 12:02:33 PM

This is what I want from Gruden and I'll back off and be happy. Stop meddling in personnel decisions, get a top notched offensive coordinator. Since I'm going to say there's absolutely no way he does either I'd prefer he just leave so we can get someone in here who's ego isn't going to hold the team back.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Post ANYTHING original lately?

Or EVER?

Zzzzzzzz.....

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 22, 2007, 12:30:38 PM

Next years starting defensive line:

LDE: Gaines Adams
NT: Ryan Sims
UT: Jovan Haye
RDE: Greg White

Rotational d-linemen:
LDE: Kevin Carter
NT: Chris Hovan
UT: Greg Peterson
RDE: 1st round draft choice

2009-Replace Carter with draft choice
2010-Replace Hovan with draft choice

In two more years, we'd have 8 young studs to rotate that were schooled by Coyer & Monte. Beautiful.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 22, 2007, 12:44:57 PM

Why the hell would we select another DE in the first round?

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 22, 2007, 12:56:55 PM

To replace Greg Spires.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 22, 2007, 12:58:14 PM

Spires is a run stuffing LDE and occasionally comes off the edge. We can get on of those guys in the 3rd/2nd round like we did with Dwayne White.

dpc1192

Starter

#26 : November 22, 2007, 02:03:30 PM

Why would you sit Hovan??

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 22, 2007, 02:37:31 PM

Hovan, IMO, has ,by far, been the most consistant of the D-linemen this year.  He gets doubled practically EVERY play. Honestly, Fink, I've rarely seen Gaines doubled, in fact, I've never seen Adams doubled.  That's not to say it hasn't happened but I haven't seen it.  You've mentioned this before, Gaines being doubled, and I've watch specifically for this and have found that it's Hovan who's consistantly doubled.  What bothered me most about Gaines' game was when he was beat initially, he'd start backpeddling, looking to jump and knock the ball down instead of shifting into high gear and attacking.  The last 2 games I've seen more of the aggressive attacking style as opposed to the passive backpeddling.  I definitely think Gaines is becoming more confident, which IMO, is what he was lacking the most.  I think we will see an improved Adams every week from hear on out.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 22, 2007, 04:34:37 PM

dude gaines adams is an upgrade over simeon rice

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 22, 2007, 04:53:40 PM

Just as an FYI - I was trying to be sarcastic calling Gaines a bust... I personally think he is coming along just fine.

3 sacks for a DE might be average BUT Gaines has 6 more games to add to that total.  So why don't we WAIT until the season is over before **CENSORED**ING about him. 

Bornabuc:  Excuse me but last time I checked the Falcons played in the NFL and the players on there roster are called NFL players.  This isn't PRE Season.  Yes, they suffered injuries but so does every other team in the league.  Should we now start to NOT count sacks against Penn since he is OBVIOUSLY a backup?  Should we add asterisk's behind everyone stats because YOU don't find them worthy of playing in the NFL?  You need to get off your Gruden/Allen hating **CENSORED** sessions.  Almost everyone on here is freaking SICK of it and it's getting REALLY old.  They are the GM/Coach so freaking deal with it until the season is over or they get fired.  We are not asking about wearing only Buc colored shades but EVERY one of your posts even if SLIGHTLY related ends up in a "GRUDEN MUST GO" complain sessions.  Makes me actual miss the OLD Snook and his urin misting days.... At least he actually posted some half way decent reasonings for his opinions.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adams credited with a sack and forced fumble « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools