Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Buy is Garbage! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2007, 03:00:38 AM

I went with my wife 2 years ago, that is the last time I'll do that, EVER!

If my wife even asked me to go to the sales our marriage would be over.
It is like I tell my GF...you knew how I was when you met me...

LOL!

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 22, 2007, 07:18:25 PM

So I see an ad on TV from best buy about a laptop and printer for $229 bucks tomm.
I go on the website to make sure, sure enough its there. BUT it says "Sold out"
Im like "what??" so I call the one in Brandon and sure enough i get "yeah, we dont have anymore of those anymore"
What kind of crap is that???? You advertise something on TV and the internet that you dont even have.
Its just a con to get us in the door. Sad!! I really feel for the people that didnt call and wake up at 4am
just to be lied to...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999980700050007&type=product&id=pcmprd80600050007&type=product&id=pcmprd80600050007

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 22, 2007, 07:33:10 PM

Best Buy is Garbage!

Thanks for stating the obvious.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 22, 2007, 07:51:33 PM

Yeah, they always do that. Every store has those "sales." Then they stock 2 or 3 of the items.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2007, 07:59:52 PM

Yeah, they always do that. Every store has those "sales." Then they stock 2 or 3 of the items.
I use to work at Fry's... if its on sale in an ad, or whatever the things go fast. If you want something get there when it opens. The stores usually cant control how much of a product they get.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : November 22, 2007, 08:01:36 PM

Yes Oregon but it isn't even black Friday yet.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 22, 2007, 08:09:29 PM

Yes Oregon but it isn't even black Friday yet.

I know, but they probably get a shipment tonight. I laughed at the people who came at noon on black friday expecting something on sale

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 22, 2007, 08:19:59 PM

Yep, theve been accused and sued of false advertising several times... nothing new...

In one incident they had to admit in court (because former employees rated them out) that they have a different website just for the store that shows a higher price. In other words if a customer comes in and says he saw a lower price on the internet, they show them the instore internet site with the increased price.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 22, 2007, 08:57:14 PM

I guess my point was the sale had not even started yet and the product is already sold out. That kinda sucks for the everyday joe.
I just wanted a cheap laptop for work.

I use to work at Fry's... if its on sale in an ad, or whatever the things go fast. If you want something get there when it opens. The stores usually cant control how much of a product they get.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 22, 2007, 09:00:06 PM

So I see an ad on TV from best buy about a laptop and printer for $229 bucks tomm.
I go on the website to make sure, sure enough its there. BUT it says "Sold out"
Im like "what??" so I call the one in Brandon and sure enough i get "yeah, we dont have anymore of those anymore"
What kind of crap is that???? You advertise something on TV and the internet that you dont even have.
Its just a con to get us in the door. Sad!! I really feel for the people that didnt call and wake up at 4am
just to be lied to...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999980700050007&type=product&id=pcmprd80600050007&type=product&id=pcmprd80600050007

Yeah, I did the exact same thing with a $99 19" Envision monitor this morning and it shows it out of stock. I checked a couple of the other items in their flyer to see if it was just because they weren't on sale YET but the other items said that they weren't available until tomorrow..... Saved me a trip.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 22, 2007, 09:11:59 PM

Their customer service in computers is no better. I bought a laptop there a few years ago. So I had trouble with the harddrive and brought it in for service. 2-4 weeks they said. Five weeks later, they call and say it's ready. Then they call again and say NO, it's not. They had to send it out again. Result: I won't see my computer until Christmas time.

In Verner We Trust

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 22, 2007, 09:55:56 PM

I told Best Buy a few years ago that I won't ever buy anything from any of their stores again.   And I won't.   Best Buy's policies are too unethical to get my business.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 23, 2007, 12:44:36 AM

The problem with best buy customer service is that the people are paid hourly.

Ive been to Best Buy many times and use to work at Fry's Electronics. The difference in customer service is night and day, and the only dots I can connect is one pays hourly the other pays hourly+commission.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#13 : November 23, 2007, 02:33:07 AM

Ive been to Best Buy many times and use to work at Fry's Electronics. The difference in customer service is night and day, and the only dots I can connect is one pays hourly the other pays hourly+commission.

What dept did you work in?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 23, 2007, 06:31:15 AM

What dept did you work in?

I was in 2, started in LP went to Electronic Components. Lasted a year and decided I was done with a-hole customers that thought it was horrible we made commish

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Buy is Garbage! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools