Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Buy is Garbage! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : November 23, 2007, 06:28:06 PM

Thats why you wake up 6 A.M to get the head start. I love getting the first things first..

Most shops were open at 5:00am, and most had huge lines before they opened.  AND in case you didn't notice most sales items are old end of line stuff, not new stuff.

Yea a few years ago me and my gf got up early and showed up at 5 am only to see a Best Buy parking lot filled with cars and a line going around the store. I went home. I came back at noon and everything was gone. I was a novice to Black  Friday, and had no idea how much work it took to get something for cheap. I wont wiat in line for 3 hours at 5 in the morning just to get some stupid crap that I dont really need anyways.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 23, 2007, 06:39:59 PM

There is nothing on sale today in stores that I want and can't get cheaper online 365 days of the year.

Yeah, if I was a little more proactive, I'd probably do all the shopping from the home office.  Of course then I wouldn't be able to check out the hotties at International Plaza.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 23, 2007, 07:25:57 PM

and the money goes to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer fund.

I was hoping that bogus breast cancer fund I started was going to pay off.   Thanks MJS!

Java Komen

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 23, 2007, 07:34:24 PM

MJS can you lsit some sites you go to for that or PM me if that's moer appropriate.  I'd like to check them out.

#34 : November 23, 2007, 07:41:13 PM

I was hoping that bogus breast cancer fund I started was going to pay off. Thanks MJS!

Java Komen

lmao

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 23, 2007, 08:09:15 PM

MJS can you lsit some sites you go to for that or PM me if that's moer appropriate. I'd like to check them out.

For PC stuff I usually use the following:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

http://www.globalcomputer.com/indexglc.asp?

They have TVs as well.  They are the same company but if you live in Florida the first one adds tax.

For other stuff I use Amazon, and search engines like pricegrabber.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 23, 2007, 08:10:39 PM

The problem with best buy customer service is that the people are paid hourly.

Ive been to Best Buy many times and use to work at Fry's Electronics. The difference in customer service is night and day, and the only dots I can connect is one pays hourly the other pays hourly+commission.

being that i work in retail and have for 9 years...that comment is retarded.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 23, 2007, 08:30:20 PM

MJS can you lsit some sites you go to for that or PM me if that's moer appropriate. I'd like to check them out.

For PC stuff I usually use the following:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

http://www.globalcomputer.com/indexglc.asp?

They have TVs as well.  They are the same company but if you live in Florida the first one adds tax.

For other stuff I use Amazon, and search engines like pricegrabber.

Thanks.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 23, 2007, 08:48:49 PM

newegg.com for all my computer stuff, they are the best IMHO

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 23, 2007, 09:20:04 PM

Define best ?

I just did a few searches for stuff I have recently bought, and Newegg were a little more expensive than tiger/global.  Their website is a pain in the butt with its timeouts during searches.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 23, 2007, 10:05:01 PM

I like thier service and I always get my item a few days before they say its gonna be there.
Tiger direct has to many refurbished items on thier site.
Amazon is great too though..

Define best ?

I just did a few searches for stuff I have recently bought, and Newegg were a little more expensive than tiger/global. Their website is a pain in the butt with its timeouts during searches.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 24, 2007, 12:06:41 AM

I like thier service and I always get my item a few days before they say its gonna be there.
Tiger direct has to many refurbished items on thier site.

I have never had any issues with Tiger/Global.  The site works well, they ship fast and the after service is outstanding.  I have spent a couple of thousand dollars with them in the last year and everything was delivered fast.  I actually made an order to day I wanted to cancel, and 90 minutes after the order was placed the shipment was already on the truck in the warehouse.  They also have 24-hour live chat and support.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 24, 2007, 01:11:26 AM

They also have 24-hour live chat.

I've tried that before.     1-900 callme.    It's kind of a rip off.    In reality, it's girls who don't care about you at all just talking sexy to get you to stay on the line longer so you pay more money.   

I'm casting pearls here, so please pay attention and learn from my mistakes.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 24, 2007, 01:32:11 AM

They also have 24-hour live chat.

I've tried that before. 1-900 callme. It's kind of a rip off. In reality, it's girls who don't care about you at all just talking sexy to get you to stay on the line longer so you pay more money.

I'm casting pearls here, so please pay attention and learn from my mistakes.

LOL

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 24, 2007, 05:11:40 AM

I was hoping that bogus breast cancer fund I started was going to pay off. Thanks MJS!

Java Komen
The Susan G. Komen Foundation is an outstanding and legitimate organization.  I volunteer every Sat. to give free breast examinations.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Buy is Garbage! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools