Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Caddy is so overrated... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

: November 25, 2007, 10:52:51 AM

My favorite arguments I hear against Caddy is a) he dances around and b) he cant find the holes

he appears to "dance" because there is nothing in front of him but a wall of fat people. The OL doesnt get off teh DL. The OL doesnt get to the 2nd level. Their is a crowd of fat people, and LBs are shooting in and hitting him in the backfield. Ive seen Graham do the exact same dancing, and I pointe dit out while I was watching the game, at times when there are no holes. Theres nothing he can do about it

b) same as point a. He doesnt have poor vision, just pop in the tape for any of his games and watch it over again. He cant find the hole because there is none there. If he was on another team like you say "hate", he would either have a good OL to run behind and this mytholgical problems wouldnt exist or, the more observent fans would acknowledge that his OL isnt creating holes and thats why hes not finding them. Give Caddy a crease and he makes 4 yards EVERYTIME

#1 : November 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM

or got paid..... which is exactly when Alexander's productivity started to decline.

ouch...good point :D

#2 : November 25, 2007, 10:45:12 AM

I'll ignore the benign insult

cool, I just ignored your entire post.

#3 : November 23, 2007, 02:41:24 PM

Shaun ALexander has a 3.3 ypc average through 8 games and he only has 12 receptions. Im not sure how good he is at pass blocking, butu do you think when he was running behind Hutchinson and Jones anyone cared about his receiving skills or pass blocking?

Edgerin James has a 3.6 ypc average through 10 games, and only 11 receptions. AGain, why does nobody say James is a worthless runner with no vision if we are basing opinions off of stats?

Even the beast known as Larry Johnson couldnt run behind his OL earlier in the year which is why he only has a 3.5 ypc average through 8 games and over a full season (obviously he is hurt) is only on pace for 6 TD

Warrick Dunn has gone from 1400 yards and a 5.0 average 2 years ago, to 1100 yards and a 4.0 average last year, to a 3.2 ypc average this year. How is it possible for a RB to digress so much? The obvious answer is that the OL had much more to do with it than anything

Some peopel even said Ronnie brown was a bust earlier this year after the first 2 games when he posted 11 rushes for 32 yards and 11/33? What!? Have you watched the guy play football before? He quickly put an end to that in the 3rd game of the year when he had 112 rushing, 99 receiving and 3 TD

I dont know how so many people fail to see how GREAT of a pure runner Caddy is. Injuries, pass blocking, and receiving aside, why do so many peopel think he is a lousy runner? Is it because at the end of the game you see he had 13 carries for 35 yards and you blame the RB? Even though you saw on 9 of those carries he was hit before he got to the LOS

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 23, 2007, 02:43:40 PM

did you mean underrated? cuz thats what your paragraph ''hinted'' at...

or if you were being sarcastic

#5 : November 23, 2007, 02:46:02 PM

Frank Gore- 3.9 ypc

Thomas Jones- 3.7 ypc

Steven Jackson 3.6 ypc

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 23, 2007, 02:52:55 PM

I am so tired of hearing all you fools sit here and say how Cadillac is a bust and how we never should have drafted him because we have Graham.  PLEASE people nobody on here was calling for the ex-Croc before we drafted Cadillac and nobody was calling for him once we drafted Cadillac.  Even all those idiots like Justin Big Mouth were saying how we drafted a good RB and WE DID.  Cadillac Williams has the potential to be SPECIAL and if you can't or won't see it you really do not know what you are talking about.  Say what you want about injuries but they are part of the game.  Cadillac Williams produced for this team from day one, he may not be top 10 in this league but Tiki Barber also was not all that early in his career.  Graham has been playing good but he does not have any upside - he is what he is and he will not be better than he is.  Cadillac has the vision, instincts and speed to make plays Earnest only makes on Madden when he is playing.  I for one hope Cadillac comes back next year and shuts all you Croc lovers up as I know some of you are only happy for the guy because he played for FU.  Take nothing away, Graham has played good but if Cadillac was healthy he would be playing better.  Our OL has gotten better each and every week so say what you want about well Cadillac struggled early in the season - PLEASE.  Is Cadillac a great blocker - No, is he a great receiver - No but he is a better overall running back than Graham.  As I said before I am just tired of seeing all these stupid posts about hey lets make Graham our starter next year, lets give him more money as he deserves it - he is a third string RB and special teams player that was given the opportunity to play when the starter and back-up were hurt.  Lets see what Graham does the rest of this season and next before we give him any more money.

#7 : November 23, 2007, 02:54:01 PM

the difference between Carnell and the guys you listed  is that they've produced.... he hasn't.

Great pure runner? I respect your opinion but don't agree. What I have seen is a one-dimensional, oft-injured back that lacks breakaway speed and is a liability both as a pass receiver and pass protector.

When I think of a "great pure runner", I think of LT of course but also a guy like Westbrook, Portis or Tiki. These guys are/were great pure runners. Carnell is average, at best.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 23, 2007, 03:50:43 PM

Frank Gore- 3.9 ypc

Thomas Jones- 3.7 ypc

Steven Jackson 3.6 ypc
Jackson and Gore both o-line's have been plauged with injuries. As for the great Alexander, when Hutchinson left it just seemed like he was never the same even after the injury.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#9 : November 23, 2007, 04:16:35 PM

Thats the point bro. If you have no OL, you dont magically rush for 120 yards against NFL defenses. They hit you, in the backfield, with several guys. Thats hwat consistently happened to our OL. I will give them credit, they appear to be getting more and more consistent every game.

hate, Caddy had 45 TD at Auburn which was the school record. He broke Bo Jackson's school record. All the uninofrmed Caddy haters (not you) love to point out how Ronnie Brown was the lead RB at Auburn. no no no, Ronnie Brown was drafted hgiher, and perceived as a better pro prospect, but ask any Auburn fan and when it was 3rd and short or on the goal line, or the team needed a yard, they went to Caddy.

Not to mention he DID produce his rookie year, almost 1200 yards. And if you notice, half of the OL he had his rookie year isnt even starting/playing in the NFL anymore and by next year Im pretty sure John Wade wont be either.  The guy has never played behind a better than NFL average OL.

Whether he produces or not in the statistical sense, any football fan should be able to see the cuts he makes, the times he gets 3 yards instead of 1 yard, etc. I can tell he is a great runner, and I didnt watch him much at Auburn

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#10 : November 23, 2007, 04:46:39 PM

Thats the point bro. If you have no OL, you dont magically rush for 120 yards against NFL defenses. They hit you, in the backfield, with several guys. Thats hwat consistently happened to our OL. I will give them credit, they appear to be getting more and more consistent every game.

hate, Caddy had 45 TD at Auburn which was the school record. He broke Bo Jackson's school record. All the uninofrmed Caddy haters (not you) love to point out how Ronnie Brown was the lead RB at Auburn. no no no, Ronnie Brown was drafted hgiher, and perceived as a better pro prospect, but ask any Auburn fan and when it was 3rd and short or on the goal line, or the team needed a yard, they went to Caddy.

Not to mention he DID produce his rookie year, almost 1200 yards. And if you notice, half of the OL he had his rookie year isnt even starting/playing in the NFL anymore and by next year Im pretty sure John Wade wont be either.  The guy has never played behind a better than NFL average OL.

Whether he produces or not in the statistical sense, any football fan should be able to see the cuts he makes, the times he gets 3 yards instead of 1 yard, etc. I can tell he is a great runner, and I didnt watch him much at Auburn

I agree 100%. Caddy is a very good runner and he makes something out of nothing. He will fight for extra yardage, and he wont run out of bounds, that might be the only problem he has, he might be too tough for his size but the guy comes to play every sunday and has excellent vision.
And for the ones who say he doesnt have breakaway speed, are u kidding me, he might not have hester speed but who does, just go back and watch his 1st game in the NfL, onthe play that sealed the win for us; that 72 yard run, i think he ran past the entire Defense.

Here's to hoping caddy comes back and plays next season and be a very productive back for the bucs for the next 10 years.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 23, 2007, 04:56:47 PM

Caddy is a great runner when healthy, that is problem number one.  Other issues are his sub-par blocking ability and his stone hands.  If Caddy was playing healthy for a team that runs a conventional offense he would be a great RB but unfortunately he is an unhealthy RB playing in a WCO.

Until Caddy comes back and plays in this offense for a full season, and actually masters it, the doubters will question the draft pick we spent on him.

NEXT.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 23, 2007, 05:02:44 PM

Cadillac Williams will be a hall of famer when its all said and done, and he may not be with the Bucs.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#13 : November 23, 2007, 05:04:14 PM

great post mjs. Most insightful thiing Ive ever read anyone on here say about Caddy. Unofortunately, I couldnt agree more

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 23, 2007, 05:06:12 PM

Cadillac Williams will be a hall of famer when its all said and done, and he may not be with the Bucs.

His boots from his first three starts might be in the HOF but I doubt Caddy will ever get there.  HOF RBs need 10,000+ rushing yards and Caddy's 2100 yards from three season (possibly four) leaves him a long way short thus far.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Caddy is so overrated... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools