Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Caddy is so overrated... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#15 : November 23, 2007, 05:33:11 PM

Even if everything went right for Caddy starting in his rookie year. Lets say he developed into a beastly pass catcher and blocker, and he didnt have so many minor inury problems followed up by a career threatening injury. Lets assume all of that. He still would be a longshot for the HOF because of his running style. He takes and gives to many high impact shots.

#16 : November 23, 2007, 06:22:29 PM

Caddy is a great runner when healthy, that is problem number one. Other issues are his sub-par blocking ability and his stone hands. If Caddy was playing healthy for a team that runs a conventional offense he would be a great RB but unfortunately he is an unhealthy RB playing in a WCO.

Until Caddy comes back and plays in this offense for a full season, and actually masters it, the doubters will question the draft pick we spent on him.

NEXT.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I've seen NOTHING from this guy that would make me think he's a "great runner". I see average, and thats being generous. I'd take Warrick Dunn over him every day of the week.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#17 : November 23, 2007, 06:28:55 PM

Caddy's problems have little or nothing to do with his physical ability. Physically he absolutely has what it takes to succeed. He lacks brains. This is the unfortunate side effects of completely ignoring education in the upbringing of many football players. Vision only comes with brains and understanding your position. Peyton Manning's ability to dissect defenses has nothing to with his arm strength. Even LT, who is very physically gifted, is an elite runner (not just a great one) because he has the mental capacity to play the game well. Caddy does not. He's been running exactly the same way for the last decade probably because he hasn't the sense to learn otherwise. Get the ball, run straight. Get ball, run straight. He doesn't see holes. Sure, he can make guys miss but thats agility and instinct, not vision. Tiki Barber didn't really have many moves per se but he had uncanny vision.

Carnell should spend his entire rehab session reading books. Or in his case, unfortunately, junior high school level books so he start using his head as something other than an extension of his neck.

#18 : November 23, 2007, 06:34:22 PM

wow I am now dumber for reading that

That made absolutely no sense

He's been running exactly the same way for the last decade probably because he hasn't the sense to learn otherwise. Get the ball, run straight. Get ball, run straight. He doesn't see holes.

He hasn't the sense to learn otehrwise? It seems he was just retarded enough to find enough holes to break Bo Jackson's TD record at Auburn. He cant find the holes, because there havent been many. Quit following the football on every play, and look at whats going on around him. When there is a hole, Caddy always find sit. Thats what I love so much about the guy. He has a great feel for the position

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 23, 2007, 06:45:27 PM

Gale Sayers only played what 8 seasons? By that logic Reggie Bush should be out the league in 5-6 more years.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 23, 2007, 06:49:25 PM

Can we at least limit this to players who aren't 30 years old or darned near 30? Alexander, Dunn, and James might not be mathcing their earlier production because they are done.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 23, 2007, 06:50:14 PM

Dunn is a lock to the Hall Of Fame while Alstott will fall short

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#22 : November 23, 2007, 07:06:40 PM

Can we at least limit this to players who aren't 30 years old or darned near 30? Alexander, Dunn, and James might not be mathcing their earlier production because they are done.

Dunn I will give you, if you are assuming his skills have deteriorated that much in 2 years that he has gone from a 5 ypc to 3.2 ypc type back. That would be some extreme deterioration. Im not buying it. Dunn was probably the 2nd best RB in the NFC 2 years ago and now he looks abysmal. Atlantas OL is garbage

Your argument for Edgerrin JAmes make sense on the surface. He has had an ACL injury, he has been in the league 8+ years now. BUt if you look at how great he was at Indy, and how much different he looked the very next year and every year since that he has been in Arizona it is obvious that there is something else wokring against him other than age

Alexander is hurt now, and has played hurt some this year. Either way, I find it nearly impossible to believe he could go from a 26 TD season 2 years ago to where he has gone the past couple years and 'age' having anything to do with it. Steve Hutchinson left after his MVP season, and he has been worse since then

Why is it so hard to put 1 + 1 together? Bad OL = bad Rb and I just showed numerous examples

I listed a guy who wasnt 30 yet? Larry Johnson. Why didnt you mention that guy? Probably because there is no argument that can be made. He is clearly one of the top 2-3 most talented runners in the league who is also in his prime, and the only reason anyone could logically give for his struggles this year is that all his superstar OL have retired

#23 : November 23, 2007, 07:32:38 PM

or got paid..... which is exactly when Alexander's productivity started to decline.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 23, 2007, 08:03:38 PM

Can we at least limit this to players who aren't 30 years old or darned near 30?

You mean Frank Gore and Larry Johnson that everyone was slobbering about last year? :D

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 23, 2007, 08:08:30 PM

Why is it so hard to put 1 + 1 together? Bad OL = bad Rb and I just showed numerous examples
Obviously you want to excuse Carnell's poor performances from the last 2 seasons so why don't you wait for Alexander, Dunn, or James to start putting up big numbers again so that you can say, "See, Cadillac can do it again, too" instead of showing guys fall off the cliff with no indication they'll ever be good again?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 23, 2007, 08:09:33 PM

Can we at least limit this to players who aren't 30 years old or darned near 30?

You mean Frank Gore and Larry Johnson that everyone was slobbering about last year? :D
Gore, yes, but with LJ everyone and their mother talked about what happens to running backs after they get 400+ carries in a season so this should not be unexpected at all.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#27 : November 23, 2007, 08:17:39 PM

the difference between Carnell and the guys you listed  is that they've produced.... he hasn't.

Great pure runner? I respect your opinion but don't agree. What I have seen is a one-dimensional, oft-injured back that lacks breakaway speed and is a liability both as a pass receiver and pass protector.

When I think of a "great pure runner", I think of LT of course but also a guy like Westbrook, Portis or Tiki. These guys are/were great pure runners. Carnell is average, at best.

you know the difference betwenn those backs and Caddy? They all have great offensive lines to run behind.. Up to now caddy has had nothing. now when he comes back we'll see because by then our o-line is going to be great!

You think they would be all that good if they didn't have blocking!!!

#28 : November 23, 2007, 08:26:30 PM

now when he comes back we'll see because by then our o-line is going to be great!

blah, blah, blah........ that ship has sailed, hopefully!!!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 23, 2007, 08:37:58 PM

next, he's not a great runner, a pure runner yes, because he can't catch and can't block. this whole year everybody said that graham and pitt were getting yards on tired defenses, and continued to say you're all full of crap...you see what a DECENT running back will do with this o-line who everyone also said was terrible at run blocking. carnell needs HOLES to run through, a decent/good/elite running back only needs a crease and hits that crease with authority. carnell is NOT a even a good back.

And btw, noone ever said carnell wasn't the lead back, it was said that he SPLIT carries with ronnie brown at auburn. which would make his running style MORE EFFECTIVE. he split carries with no one here check the posts homie...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Caddy is so overrated... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools