Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Caddy is so overrated... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#60 : December 01, 2007, 04:39:23 PM

he got hurt in practice today... out for the season

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#61 : December 01, 2007, 04:42:14 PM

I saw him bust a move on the dance floor last night

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#62 : December 02, 2007, 03:46:25 AM

My favorite arguments I hear against Caddy is a) he dances around and b) he cant find the holes

c he can't block
d he can't catch

E HE CAN'T PLAY BECAUSE HE'S ALWAYS DEALING WITH AN INJURY.

E supercedes whatever else anyone comes up with. Anybody with a pulse is a better option as long as they are healthy

A Cadillac with four flat tires won't get you very far.

Dependability is the priority right now.

#63 : December 02, 2007, 05:17:48 AM

wow you are only 2 weeks late. That has been covered repeatedly. I have addressed the FACT that he is a poor blocjker, receiver and that he is injury prone.

I fyou would like to address his abilities as a pure runner, we can do that. If you want to bring up the fact that he cant block, cant catch and is injury prone 5 more times than thats cool too I guess

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#64 : December 02, 2007, 07:47:18 AM

Rondebear, as far as a pure runner goes, Moses Malone was pretty good as well.  But we are talking about an NFL running back, who is asked to block & catch.  You can't give somebody the title of elite running back without being able to label them with those attributes as well.
Besides his body of glass, his ability to dance so much makes more for a great prime time T.V. contest than it does for attempting to run the ball.  The guy rarely makes anyone miss with all of the dancing he does.  In fact, it was dancing that caused his injury.  Had he just ran through the defender as he was coming to the sideline, he would have gotten positive yardage, and not hurt himself.  Watch Graham, his dancing is called North/South, not side to side. 
For the person who actually thinks Carnell Williams will be in the HOF, PLEASE come see me when you are in the market to buy real estate, or anything else for that matter; I need the money!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 02, 2007, 12:08:36 PM

wow you are only 2 weeks late. That has been covered repeatedly. I have addressed the FACT that he is a poor blocjker, receiver and that he is injury prone.

I fyou would like to address his abilities as a pure runner, we can do that. If you want to bring up the fact that he cant block, cant catch and is injury prone 5 more times than thats cool too I guess

If he can't perform his "abilities" mean nothing. I can't get excited about what he might do in 2009 based on what he has done so far. I'm also curious to know why Jones is expected to be ready in '08 with supposedly the same injury suffered later in the season while Williams is projected as a midseason return at best.

Bennett is faster, healthy, and has the potential to play somewhere for a full season in '08. I'm interested that it might be here. I don't expect much from Williams, if anything at all.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#66 : December 02, 2007, 01:12:04 PM

the difference between Carnell and the guys you listed  is that they've produced.... he hasn't.

Great pure runner? I respect your opinion but don't agree. What I have seen is a one-dimensional, oft-injured back that lacks breakaway speed and is a liability both as a pass receiver and pass protector.

When I think of a "great pure runner", I think of LT of course but also a guy like Westbrook, Portis or Tiki. These guys are/were great pure runners. Carnell is average, at best.
Quoted For Truth!!!!!!

#67 : December 02, 2007, 01:44:25 PM

Welcome back, ABucs.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Caddy is so overrated... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools