Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darren McFadden simply a man among boys « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

#15 : November 24, 2007, 09:37:21 PM

Next year McFad will be a man among men

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 24, 2007, 10:27:40 PM

Tebow > McFadden

Its that simple.
mcfadden to win heisman regardless if he is having the better year. ;)

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 25, 2007, 12:00:16 AM

McFadden is on a 4 loss team and had two games aginst quality opponents in which he didn't have near even 100 yards. Tebow has been more consistent and broken NCAA records. It's obvious who the best player in the nation was this year. Isn't that what the Heisman represents?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 25, 2007, 01:07:43 AM

Tebow > McFadden

Its that simple.
mcfadden to win heisman regardless if he is having the better year. ;)

McFadden is the front runner for the Heisman because Tebow is a sophomore.  All things being equal the Heisman race wouldn't even be close.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 25, 2007, 06:53:06 PM

so rushing TD's arent noteworthy for QB's? with the spread offenses gaining popularity i believe total TD's are a more important statistic.

and if you are going to mention that daniels has 3 more passing TD's, another noteworthy stat is that he has also thrown almost 200 more passes.

He had 3 more passing TDs yesterday.  That wasn't a comparison.

But while your at it how about you mention how many more rushing attempts Tebow has and how many of those rushing TDs were from inside the 5 yard line when most teams would be running their RB.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 25, 2007, 07:08:05 PM

I guarantee anyone that McFadden will win  Heisman the guy is going to get so hyped up.

1. McFadden
2. Brennan
3. Tebownus

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 25, 2007, 07:41:21 PM

so rushing TD's arent noteworthy for QB's? with the spread offenses gaining popularity i believe total TD's are a more important statistic.

and if you are going to mention that daniels has 3 more passing TD's, another noteworthy stat is that he has also thrown almost 200 more passes.

He had 3 more passing TDs yesterday.  That wasn't a comparison.

But while your at it how about you mention how many more rushing attempts Tebow has and how many of those rushing TDs were from inside the 5 yard line when most teams would be running their RB.

tebow has 100 more rushes and 19 more rushing TD's.  averages 4.3 a carry to daniels 2.8.  not sure where the rushes came from, but the fact that he is used as the goalline guy only reinforces the fact that he has been the best player in CFB this year.  tebow also averages 2 yards more per passing attempt.  i dont understand how one can make a case against tebow.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 25, 2007, 08:14:57 PM

I guarantee anyone that McFadden will win Heisman the guy is going to get so hyped up.

1. McFadden
2. Brennan
3. Tebownus

i'll bet you McFadden doesnt

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 25, 2007, 08:23:15 PM

I haven't tried to make a case against Tebow.  I've pointed out some potential concerns from voters perspective, but he should be 1 or 2 on everyone's list in my opinion.   I've pointed out some pluses for ohter candidates (mainly Chase Daniels).

That being said the record, although impressive, is skewed by the fact that the Gators either have no RBs capable of scoring from inside the 5 or their coach refuses to utilize them.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 25, 2007, 09:00:36 PM

I guarantee anyone that McFadden will win Heisman the guy is going to get so hyped up.

1. McFadden
2. Brennan
3. Tebownus

i bet he does i stop posting in the CFB for 2 months..

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 26, 2007, 07:47:34 AM

1. McFadden
2. Brennan
3. Tebownus

i bet he does i stop posting in the CFB for 2 months..

deal

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 26, 2007, 05:07:47 PM

That being said the record, although impressive, is skewed by the fact that the Gators either have no RBs capable of scoring from inside the 5 or their coach refuses to utilize them.

is it skewed because tebow is the best passer and power runner on his team?  i guess i dont understand your use of the word skewed.  did playing in nebraskas offense skew the numbers of tommie frazier and eric crouch?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 26, 2007, 05:25:13 PM

I didn't realize we were comparing Nebraska Cornhuskers from years past.  Those guys were part of option teams and I bet that if you go back and look it up, 75% of their TDs were not scored from the 5 yard line and in. 

You wanted to compare total TDs.  I said the total is skewed.  It is period, for one of the two reasons listed above. It doesn't mean he's not a great player and that he doesn't deserve the Heisman.  I'm just saying that there are others who also deserve consideration.  Chase Daniels being a main one in my opinion.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 26, 2007, 06:10:48 PM

there are definitely many others that deserve consideration, but one would need to be very biased to not choose tebow.   the use of the word skew seems to me like a desperate attempt to demean what tebow has done this year.

by mentioning old nebraska QB's i was looking for more clarification on the use of the word skew, although the similarities are there with running QB's and option attacks.

id like to add one more reason for the "skewed" numbers.  maybe tebow is just the best player out there, and the coaches want the ball in his hands?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 26, 2007, 06:40:06 PM

Chase Daniels is the best player out there and they still utilize their RBs, Matt Grothe is the best player out there and Mike Ford, Ben Williams, and Jamar Taylor still were used at the goal line.  He'd have 20+ TDs also if the Bulls coaching staff chose to use him in that manner (in fact there were a few times that they probably should have, but that's another story).

The TD numbers are skewed because he scored 75% or so of them in an area that would almost always go to a RB.  Even in Crouch and Fraziers cases they used RBs at the goaline more than 25% of the time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darren McFadden simply a man among boys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools