Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darren McFadden simply a man among boys « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 26, 2007, 10:10:01 PM

Oh my god... its skewed. You're friggin retarded. I bet if Garcia had 20pass/20rush you'd really be crying about it being skewed.

He's a scrambling QB. He's the best player in the NCAA. Dont let youre hatred make you look so damn dumb.

He's the only player I've heard fans of OTHER teams say is exciting to watch. Make all the lame excuses you can think of. The kids sick.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 26, 2007, 10:16:20 PM

per espn.com

"Tebow has seven more rushing touchdowns than McFadden (22-15) on 110 fewer carries. And anybody who watches Tebow on a regular basis knows those TDs weren't simply QB sneaks. Ten of those 22 touchdowns were 5 yards or longer. And by the way, Tebow is the Gators' leading rusher, which means he took a pounding in the same killer SEC as McFadden. Against Florida State in the regular-season finale, he played part of the second half with a broken right hand.

Tebow has four fewer TD passes (29) than Hawaii's Brennan and Mizzou's Daniel (33), but he also has 178 fewer pass attempts than Daniel and 105 fewer than Brennan. And for those who think Tebow somehow doesn't deserve the trophy because Florida isn't a national title contender, remember this: The Gators lost five starters on offense (including their leading running back and wide receiver) and nine on defense from 2006, and since the BCS began in the 1998 season, no team has won back-to-back BCS championships. "

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#32 : November 27, 2007, 08:04:46 PM

Tebow and McFadden had 7 common opponents.

Against those 7 common opponents, Tebow accounted for 30 TD while McFadden had 9. 

Case closed on Tebow/McFadden.

McFadden's total is also skewed by the cheap college OT system, where IMO ALL stats should be thrown out no matter what.  It is ridiculous that some players are setting records based on possession after possession starting at the 25.....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 27, 2007, 07:23:54 AM

per espn.com:

Missouri's system is a perfect fit for Daniel. It maximizes his skills as a dual-threat quarterback while allowing him to involve all the members of his sensational supporting cast. Daniel's ability to see the entire field and go through his progression reads while on the run is most impressive.

All those skills were on display for the nation to finally witness on Saturday night. The Tigers featured Daniel's mobility in their game plan more than ever, which kept the pressure on Kansas' defense. The plan obviously worked. Daniel completed 40 of 49 pass attempts for 361 yards in Missouri's 36-28 victory over rival Kansas. The Heisman hopeful also threw three touchdowns with no interceptions. A repeat performance against Oklahoma this weekend will land Missouri in the national title game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 27, 2007, 07:10:02 AM

Hatred?  Exactly where have I expressed hatred for Tebow?  I think your mancrush for Tebow "skews" your ability to interpret other's posts on the topic.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : November 27, 2007, 08:30:33 PM

As for Daniels, he just may win it because he is better than Tebow at this:

(hey, at least he is better at SOMETHING)

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 27, 2007, 09:33:08 PM

As for Daniels, he just may win it because he is better than Tebow at this:

And Tebow is better than Daniels at this, so it's a wash .....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#37 : November 27, 2007, 09:45:14 PM

Picking and then eating a booger on national TV is much, much worse.

Only homophobes in today's society would take issue with that clip.    Any man confident in his sexuality should see no problem. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 27, 2007, 10:21:41 PM

Picking and then eating a booger on national TV is much, much worse.

Only homophobes in today's society would take issue with that clip.    Any man confident in his sexuality should see no problem. 

Who said I had a problem with it? Daniels has a hobby ... Tebow has a hobby ..... It's a wash.... and besides, boogers are health food.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 27, 2007, 10:29:36 PM

Besides, only boogerphobes would have a problem with it. ;D

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#40 : November 28, 2007, 10:31:54 AM

If a Bowden endorses a Gator, it must be true!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns

Tebow has to win Heisman

For the third time this year, I covered a Florida game for Westwood One Radio. This one was a little painful as I watched them crush Florida State and my old man 45-12.

What I did get to see – again – is one of the most phenomenal years by a college quarterback in the history of the game. Tim Tebow is not just the best choice for the Heisman Trophy, he is the only choice. No football player has ever done what he has this year. He has thrown for more touchdowns than Matt Leinart and run for more touchdowns than Ron Dayne.

Darren McFadden might have had a great year as a tailback, but Tebow has had the greatest year ever as a dual-threat quarterback. It doesn't matter that he is just a sophomore and no sophomore has ever won the award. He had a better year than anyone else in any class. We don't need to make him wait until he is a junior because if things go right for the Gators, he won't duplicate the numbers that he had this season. In fact, if Florida finds the tailback that they need to get back into the championship hunt, Tebow will be able to let someone else run between the tackles all day.

This year he did it all by himself. This year he did it better than it has ever been done before. This year, he did it better than it may ever be done again.

This year, he deserves the Heisman Trophy.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 28, 2007, 10:46:46 AM

It's good to see ray back.  The gators must have beat the seminoles last weekend or something.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 28, 2007, 10:50:04 AM

Tebow has to win Heisman

No, he doesn't .....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#43 : November 28, 2007, 02:06:38 PM

BBB - Don't quote me there, that's Bowden's words.

Olaf - Don't know you or even care to.  I have read your work here.  Comical at best.  My being here right now has nothing to do with UF beating FSU, and those that know me around here understand that.  If that were the case I'd have been here long ago, as it was a mere formality IMO. 

Thanks for chiming in though.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 28, 2007, 02:16:34 PM

BBB - Don't quote me there, that's Bowden's words.

Olaf - Don't know you or even care to.  I have read your work here.  Comical at best.  My being here right now has nothing to do with UF beating FSU, and those that know me around here understand that.  If that were the case I'd have been here long ago, as it was a mere formality IMO. 

Thanks for chiming in though.

Well, you know me and I'm glad you're back.  We often disagree but that's what this place is all about. 

BTW, congrats on your blowout win last week.  I think UF (despite their 3 losses) could beat anyone in the country right now - especially the joke of a Top 5 there is now.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darren McFadden simply a man among boys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools