Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Colt Brennan & Hawaii!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

ryan24

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2007, 12:28:31 AM

Sorry, I know both the Panthers and Falcons need a QB next year. If not Colt, I would not mind Chase Daniels. I think he is a Junior this year.

I'm more impressed with Daniels than Brennan....not that Brennan isn't any good.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#1 : November 25, 2007, 12:22:31 AM

I would absolutely love to see us grab Brennan. If not, Chase Daniels would be an excellent pick up as well. I also really like Davon Bess, I think he is the best wide receiver in college football. He doesn't get any hype for the same reasons as Brennan.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 25, 2007, 10:16:46 AM

I would take brennan and then bess just so he is comfortable.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 25, 2007, 10:09:54 AM

Chase Daniel looked sharp

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : November 25, 2007, 04:01:07 AM

I suppose you can use your top pick on a brittle QB then use your second day's picks and unsigned/undrafted free agent OL to protect him.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 25, 2007, 03:58:44 AM

I'm not willing to watch the Bucs go 4-12 again for several seasons while we wait until a prospect develops into an NFL QB.  I like Gruden/Allen's current plan to select OL, DL, DBs, RBs, WRs with our top picks and use free agency to find a QB who's skills match Gruden's offense as they did with Garcia. 

Or you can draft the QB you need now and let him wait while Garcia handles things next year (and possibly the year after).

FWIW, I don't see Brennan being any higher than a late-first round pick. There's a lot of great talent on the board, and at the QB position nobody is going to go over Brohm, Woodson, and Ryan.

Not a lot of teams desperately in need of a QB either -- Minny, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, San Fran, Carolina are in the most need. San Fran's situation screams 2nd or 3rd round pick (not gonna waste another 1st on a QB). Chicago will go veteran (probably McNabb). Miami might just elect to stick with Beck and not draft another QB.

With three players ahead of him, Brennan might fall to round 2.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 25, 2007, 10:29:14 AM

I like Jordy Nelson

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 24, 2007, 12:13:01 AM

What a fun team to watch!  This Boise St. / Hawaii game is one of the most physical games I've seen all year.  I'm a beleiver in this kid Brennan, and his trio of recievers.
If ever there were a system QB who might be able to handle Gruden's system, this kid is the one.  Very impressive as well as his recievers.  WOW!!!

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 24, 2007, 12:15:24 AM

I have become a believer in Colt Brennan!  He can really throw the football with great accuracy.  His receivers can also fly!  I think I am headed to Hawaii as I want to tailgate with those guys! ;)

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

#9 : November 24, 2007, 12:31:19 AM

I told you guys, Brennan deserves to win the Heisman trophy and Hawaii definetly deserves to be considered for the BCS National Championship game if they win out.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 24, 2007, 12:35:34 AM

I told you guys, Brennan deserves to win the Heisman trophy and Hawaii definetly deserves to be considered for the BCS National Championship game if they win out.

I cannot agree with that though!  I am sold on Brennan, but no team with the weakest strength of schedule in the nation deserves to play for the NC, period!  I do not blame the Hawaii team, you have to blame the AD.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 24, 2007, 12:42:28 AM

An NCAA football tournament would be the biggest sporting event in the world, by far.  It's a shame. 

#12 : November 24, 2007, 01:15:13 AM

It's a bummer, they really do need a playoff system. Boy would that be exciting.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : November 24, 2007, 01:21:00 AM

I saw more hard hits in that game than any other that I can remember. Both teams were very physical and since their offenses play "all out" - those hard hits are more likely.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 24, 2007, 01:35:47 AM

Brennan is the guy I'd like to see the Bucs draft.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Colt Brennan & Hawaii!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools