Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Colt Brennan & Hawaii!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : November 24, 2007, 01:45:09 AM

Only if he's available in th 4-7th rounds.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 24, 2007, 01:49:35 AM

I'd take him in the 1st round.  He's that good.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 24, 2007, 01:52:29 AM

You sound like you need to be a member of this.......

http://www.coltbrennanfans.org/

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 24, 2007, 01:54:20 AM

He will be a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder at the very worst!

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 24, 2007, 01:56:10 AM

I think Coach Gruden doesn't know how to groom a young QB. As long as he's our head coach, we'll need to go to the wiley old QBs.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 24, 2007, 02:28:23 AM

I think Coach Gruden doesn't know how to groom a young QB. As long as he's our head coach, we'll need to go to the wiley old QBs.

UH???  You do know he was given a lot of credit with the work he did with a young Bret Favre?  When Mike Holgren left the 49ers to take the HC job with the Packers he brought Gruden along with him to be his Offensive Assistant as Holmgren himself did the OC duties, but Gruden worked closely with Favre.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

noopy2237

Starter
#21 : November 24, 2007, 03:18:46 AM

His quick release and accuracy would be valuable to the Bucs offense. I just don't know if Gruden sees the same thing that some people on this board sees in the kid. I hope he does.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 24, 2007, 05:04:06 AM

UH??? You do know he was given a lot of credit with the work he did with a young Bret Favre? When Mike Holgren left the 49ers to take the HC job with the Packers he brought Gruden along with him to be his Offensive Assistant as Holmgren himself did the OC duties, but Gruden worked closely with Favre.
I'm sure Gruden worked with Favre to some degree but he was primarily the receivers' coach for the Packers. He also took coffee orders. I'm not trying to demean the man, just being realistic.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 24, 2007, 06:57:30 AM

True, and Gruden's attempt to turn Gradkowksi and Simms into premier NFL QBs has failed to this point. Rather have the Bucs keep old guys at QB at least while Gruden is still head coach.

2goodbucs

Starter
#24 : November 24, 2007, 07:42:03 AM

It takes games like these for people to realize that Colt is the real deal. Colt will be drafted in the late 1st or early 2nd round. How about the Hawaii receivers. Which one would you want the Bucs to draft?

A. Ryan Grice-Mullen
B. Devone Bess
C. Jason Rivers

I'll take Jason Rivers because he has the size and speed to block for a run and make a clutch catch. Devone Bess would be my 2nd pick because he is amazing with the Yards After Catch.

2goodbucs

Starter
#25 : November 24, 2007, 07:44:17 AM

I have become a believer in Colt Brennan!  He can really throw the football with great accuracy.  His receivers can also fly!  I think I am headed to Hawaii as I want to tailgate with those guys! ;)

You don't have to go to Hawaii to tailgate with them if Hawaii is predicted to go to the FedEx Bowl in Miami, FL

FedEx Orange Bowl
Jan. 3 / 8 p.m. Miami, Fla. FOX
*BCS vs. BCS (ACC Champion, if available)
Projection: Virginia Tech vs. Hawaii

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#26 : November 24, 2007, 07:46:53 AM

True, and Gruden's attempt to turn Gradkowksi and Simms into premier NFL QBs has failed to this point. Rather have the Bucs keep old guys at QB at least while Gruden is still head coach.

so are you saying that other coaches out there could possibly turn Simms and Gradkowski into premier NFL QB's or that Simms and Gradkowski just don't have the talent to be premier NFL QB's?....im confused.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 24, 2007, 09:27:48 AM

I'd take him in the 1st round. He's that good.

Java,
most of your points are spot on...but are you serious Brennan in the 1st, please tell me you are just being facetious...Gruden has proven he can't develop a young QB and I expect our QB of the future to be Grads or a free agent yet to be determined...JMO

You must be accountable for your actions!

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 24, 2007, 10:23:23 AM

Brennan looks great in the offense June Jones runs but it remains to be seen how he is seen by pro scouts. Not that it means much but a couple of draft sites have him as the #7 or #8 QB coming out.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 24, 2007, 11:04:02 AM

You can't develop something that probably is not be there, guys, come on. Gruden is a coach not an alchemist. You can't coach Simms to let go of that ball while he has the deer in the headlight look.  And you can't make Grads over 6'.  I belive you can make Grads more accurate over time but I think that is the primary responsibility  of the players' off season preparation by working with someone that can correct the details of their mechanics.  They can afford it and they can't afford not to if they want to play seriously in the league.  IMHO

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Colt Brennan & Hawaii!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools