Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Tim Tebow as QB of the Future! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2007, 01:16:34 PM

Tebow will be the number one pick, we will not be in a position to draft him.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 25, 2007, 11:55:49 AM

Garcia is going to play at least another couple of years for us. I see no QBs in this years class that will be available that strike me as obvious NFL QBs who will be successful. Tebow will be a successful NFL QB. I think we should target him as our QB of the future. He can move around, he's got a good arm, he's a winner. I now it's kinda a homer pick being from Florida but I really don't see anybody better than him out there right now that fits our offense.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

ilovebeer

Starter

#2 : November 25, 2007, 05:05:04 PM

Spread offense qbs usually do not turn into good NFL qbs.  How does a spread offense qb fit our offense?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 25, 2007, 05:39:30 PM

Very well...if they can throw.

And Tebow can.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 25, 2007, 07:09:12 PM

We should considering trading down and picking up an 09 first or simply trade a first for Quinn.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 25, 2007, 08:13:34 PM

Tebow will be a great NFL qb... if he's in the right offense. He needs to be an offense that will allow him to run around a little. WCO would be a good fit IF you have a speedy WR that can get down field. The kids gonna tear up the NCAA the next year...maybe two.

ilovebeer

Starter

#6 : November 25, 2007, 08:38:39 PM

I just can't see Tebow dropping back and being able to throw it 25 times in a game on a regular basis.  I mean he is a great talent, but I think his throwing ability is so good because of his running threat.  He won't be able to run around in the nfl and run over everyone like he does in college.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 25, 2007, 09:00:00 PM

Tebow will be like Roethilisberger

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 25, 2007, 09:01:57 PM

I just can't see Tebow dropping back and being able to throw it 25 times in a game on a regular basis. I mean he is a great talent, but I think his throwing ability is so good because of his running threat. He won't be able to run around in the nfl and run over everyone like he does in college.
Why not he dropped back and threw it 28 times last night in a route. Completed 69% and threw for a few scores w/ no turnovers.

What makes you think he can not drop back and throw? There have only been 3 games he started when he threw less than 25x- and his season avg 26att/gm.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 25, 2007, 09:05:07 PM

I just can't see Tebow dropping back and being able to throw it 25 times in a game on a regular basis. I mean he is a great talent, but I think his throwing ability is so good because of his running threat. He won't be able to run around in the nfl and run over everyone like he does in college.
Why not he dropped back and threw it 28 times last night in a route. Completed 69% and threw for a few scores w/ no turnovers.

What makes you think he can not drop back and throw? There have only been 3 games he started when he threw less than 25x- and his season avg 26att/gm.
Florida State doesn't play in the NFL.  ;D

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#10 : November 25, 2007, 09:17:49 PM

For some reason i see him getting switched to saftey in the NFL

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 25, 2007, 09:44:07 PM

Florida State doesn't play in the NFL.  ;D

So how do you judge ANY college QB?   Because nobody had ever played anybody that is as good as an NFL defense in college.

The knock on Tebow at the beginning of the year was he couldn't throw the ball...that has been proven wrong.

He can make the transition to the NFL.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 25, 2007, 11:08:57 PM

Danny Wuerfuel looked good in a Gator uniform too. ;)

surgeandsettle

Practice Squad

#13 : November 26, 2007, 12:02:09 AM

GREAT college talent at this point ... but he's a soph ---- let's see his entire body of work in college before we start thinking about the next draft he's available

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 26, 2007, 07:45:28 AM

For some reason i see him getting switched to saftey in the NFL

thus proving youre clueless
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Tim Tebow as QB of the Future! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools