Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Tim Tebow as QB of the Future! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 26, 2007, 12:16:03 PM

Fair enough.

But the only pass down-field that I have seen him miss this year was on Saturday on the throw over the middle.  That ball he threw to Murphy in the back corner was a PERFECT pass.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 26, 2007, 05:33:36 PM

You really see any of the same traits in Alex Smith and Tim Tebow?

Besides that they ran the same offense, which Tebow is much better at, there is nothing.

Tebow has a better arm, bigger, stronger, more accurate, and can hold on to the ball. Tebow will not have as many called runs in the NFL...they will just happen on busted plays. The guy has proven he can throw the ball this year. He will continue to develop that part of his game.

I'm not sold on his arm downfield. Sure he can dink and dunk but he shows some inaccuracy downfield. But he's only a sophomore so he has plenty of time to improve.

And throw his running plays out the window in the NFL. He wouldn't last 4 games running those plays in the NFL.

We'll see. Its a couple of years away. I think he'll play in the NFL and have a good career but I don't think he's worth a 1st round pick.

you should watch the games then because hes pretty freakin accurate downfield.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#32 : November 27, 2007, 08:10:25 PM

You really see any of the same traits in Alex Smith and Tim Tebow?

Besides that they ran the same offense, which Tebow is much better at, there is nothing.

Tebow has a better arm, bigger, stronger, more accurate, and can hold on to the ball. Tebow will not have as many called runs in the NFL...they will just happen on busted plays. The guy has proven he can throw the ball this year. He will continue to develop that part of his game.

I'm not sold on his arm downfield. Sure he can dink and dunk but he shows some inaccuracy downfield.

Are you joking here big guy?  Or have you just not watched him a whole lot?

Tebow throws some of the best deep balls I have ever seen, at any level.  The throw against FSU where he hit Murphy in stride is not the first time he has done that all year.  He has consistently thrown that pass all season. 

It is funny the ways people try and knock this guy.  Last year it was he is only a gimmick, can't throw a lick.  Now he comes out this year completes 69%, sets records and it's he can't throw a deep ball.  I'll say the same thing to them that I said last year, you must not really watch him play or must be jealous.  The guy can make any throw on the field and has demonstrated that ability consistently.  I will even bet good money that he has more often had perfectly thrown deep balls DROPPED by his WR than he has missed them with a poor pass. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 27, 2007, 08:14:42 PM

The knock on him now is his "delivery."

His gets the ball where it needs to go fast...that's all that matters.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : November 27, 2007, 08:18:52 PM

Last I checked the only QB's with success at any level weren't just the ones with perfect delivery.

Tebow can make any throw on the field and that is what is important.  It's not like he is constantly missing or has a high number of passes batted down. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 28, 2007, 11:23:18 AM

Last I checked the only QB's with success at any level weren't just the ones with perfect delivery.

Tebow can make any throw on the field and that is what is important.  It's not like he is constantly missing or has a high number of passes batted down. 

OK.  We'll agree to disagree.  I just don't think he'll be a star NFL quarterback.

That being said, with Tebow already apprantly being perfect in every aspect of football, do you think he leaves UF after his junior year?

gatorgirl!

Starter

#36 : November 28, 2007, 12:43:17 PM

I think it's a toss up. I think if I were in his shoes, I'd be gone and in the draft faster than anyone.

But I did read somewhere, I think the Alligator newspaper, the student paper in Gainesville, that in an interview with Tebow he said a degree was extremely important to him.

If he stays and Harvin leaves next season, his senior year would be interesting...they make a great combination.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 28, 2007, 12:53:33 PM

Tebow and Harvin at this point in time appear to be top 5 picks in the NFL draft.

It will be most interesting to see how Tebow turns out when he gets to the NFL.   Will he be able to run like he does in the NFL? I often think he looks like Rothsb  and Culpepper and was shocked to find that he isn't as big as he looks at UF. Makes me wonder about the alleged heights of these kids when they go to college.  I can remember thinking Timmons at FSU was a good 6'3" only to find that he was barely over 6'0" .

Will he be able to read defenses quickly ala someone like Garcia if pressured. Certainly based on their college careers they look to be superstars in the NFL.  At this point Tebow could be a star in the NFL or perhaps maybe not.  I just don't know.

He certainly appears to be a better prospect than Wuerfel

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 28, 2007, 01:39:50 PM

I don't expect him to be running inside in the nfl. I would expect him to be mobile and a bigtime threat on play action and to be able to make something out of nothing. He's got a good arm, he's athletically gifted as any QB out there and he can make most if not all of the throws. In the West Coast Offense he is a good if not excellent fit. He's a very hard worker and will probably be even better next season if he doesn't get injured. I just see him as a guy we can build around. A lot of the other college QBs just look way too small and don't have the athletic gifts that Tebow has imo.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Runole

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 28, 2007, 02:49:11 PM

Doubt he will ever be in a Buc uniform.  He will be picked too soon.  Still not sold on his ability to make Manning Brady and Garcia like decisions reading defenses.  Physically he seems to really like running the ball. I think it will be hard for him to be broken of that habit and not sure he should be.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#40 : November 28, 2007, 07:22:10 PM

I think it's a toss up. I think if I were in his shoes, I'd be gone and in the draft faster than anyone.

But I did read somewhere, I think the Alligator newspaper, the student paper in Gainesville, that in an interview with Tebow he said a degree was extremely important to him.

If he stays and Harvin leaves next season, his senior year would be interesting...they make a great combination.

First mistake is reading that trash of a paper. 

Honestly not sure if Tebow leaves, he certainly should if he is a lock top 5 pick.  So many things can happen to players these days that if you have a lock at that kind of loot I think one should take it.  As far as his degree, he was an early enrollee last year so he might very well graduate or be extremely close to it by the end of next year anyway.  Of course he could go the Leinart route and stay, but that sure did cost him a bit of money didn't it?  Leinart at least didn't blow an ACL, but with tebow's style of play I think it would be much more risky to stay.  As a fan of course you hope he stays but can't fault him if he leaves.

As for his play, I think it is much more by way of need than want.  Yeah, he is a physical guy who is not afraid to tuck and run, but UF lacks a guy they can trust running between the tackles.  Next year they have several candidates and if one steps up I don't think we'll see very many designed Tebow runs.  IMO those aren't the ones that make him dangerous anyway.  What makes him dangerous is the ones like the 1st drive against FSU, where he drops back, goes through progressions, feels pressure, avoids a sack, and runs 23 yards for a score.  Personally I have never weighed or measured the guy, but judging from the way FSU players seemed to not want to tackle him (including loudmouth Hayes), I'd say he is big and powerful enough.  As for his reading defenses, he sure does appear to do that well and against teams that historically put a lot of players in the NFL.  I'd say for his 1st year as a starting QB he looked very good at that.  Is there work to be done?  Of course, as you would expect of any player 1st year starting.  But I don't think there have ever been many sophomores as advanced as Tebow at this stage of his career.  Outside of that he does possess all the physical tools you would want for a QB.  He is big, strong, mobile, can make any throw.  He also appears to be a natural born leader who guys rally around.  Will he make it in the NFL?  Who knows, but I'd say he looks to have a better shot at success than failure.  As for Danny W., I don't think anyone ever confused him as being a star pro prospect, as evidenced by his draft status.  Just like Charlie W., White, Gino, many more, all great college guys but never confused as being NFL stars.  Of course all of those guys lacked the physical traits Tebow seems to have that the NFL generally demands. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 28, 2007, 07:43:40 PM

The return of Ray...

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 28, 2007, 08:30:27 PM

Doubt he will ever be in a Buc uniform. He will be picked too soon. Still not sold on his ability to make Manning Brady and Garcia like decisions reading defenses. Physically he seems to really like running the ball. I think it will be hard for him to be broken of that habit and not sure he should be.

truly comical that you put Garcia in there with Manning and Brady. ROFLMAO.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#43 : November 28, 2007, 08:46:21 PM

The return of Ray...

Better hurry and take pics/licks while you can, it's not going to last long.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 28, 2007, 11:39:13 PM

The return of Ray...

So it's not just me that noticed.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Tim Tebow as QB of the Future! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools