Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at 9-3 will Finish Top 20 for the 1st Time Ever! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
: November 25, 2007, 11:34:17 AM

USF gets UF on September 11, 2010.  In the swamp of course.

gatorgirl!

Starter

#1 : November 25, 2007, 11:04:18 AM

I hope they keep their team up, as well as UF.

The teams face off during the season opener in the 2009 schedule. September 5th...

It'll be a great game, and hoping to start a new rivalry with another in state, ooc team would be great.

Congrats to USF for their season, may the program only grow and improve!!

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 24, 2007, 03:28:23 PM

Great season!. I hope we can get a good bowl game to move us up even higher in the final standings. We just beat up on Pittsburgh to close things out. Great job Bulls!!!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 24, 2007, 04:09:51 PM

Yep they have had a fine season and the journey continues.  This years run raised the programs profile and is already paying dividends with recruiting.

It is amazing that they had a chance of winning the three games they lost.  I think finishing around 18th-20th is about right, they were never a number two team.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2007, 05:39:59 PM

They are returning lots of players next year. Grothe and Selvie will both be back. And Mike Ford is only a freshman (hopefully he keeps his grades up).

This season was huge for recruiting and the school has national attention to start making a recruiting push outside of Florida.

They should be nearly a top 10 team next year.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 24, 2007, 09:07:28 PM

They are returning lots of players next year. Grothe and Selvie will both be back. And Mike Ford is only a freshman (hopefully he keeps his grades up).

This season was huge for recruiting and the school has national attention to start making a recruiting push outside of Florida.

They should be nearly a top 10 team next year.

The best part about all of that is that most of the top players in the Big East are heading for the draft on other teams. We should own the Big East next year. I can't wait.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

ilovebeer

Starter

#6 : November 24, 2007, 09:42:23 PM

WVU has 1 or 2 senior starters on offense.  White isn't good enough to make it in the NFL, and IF slaton leaves ( i don't think he will) devine and Sanders step in.  Not too much of a drop off.  I know USF has beaten us the past 2 years, but you still won't "own" the Big East.

Congrats on a good season though, I like seeing Big East teams near the top.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 24, 2007, 11:44:49 PM

WVU has 1 or 2 senior starters on offense.  White isn't good enough to make it in the NFL, and IF slaton leaves ( i don't think he will) devine and Sanders step in.  Not too much of a drop off.  I know USF has beaten us the past 2 years, but you still won't "own" the Big East.

Plus, McCoy at Pitt is just a freshman, too..... USF loses the heart of their D next year. I'd really be surprised if they own the the BE NEXT year.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 25, 2007, 01:09:21 AM

The offense will certainly get better next year with Grothe, Ford, Mitchell, Samuels, and Taylor back. While the defense will lose Moffitt, Williams, Jenkins, George, and Clebert, they still have Selvie, Mompremier, McKenzie, and Allen to build around. Hopefully, the offense can cary the team next year while the defense reloads.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 25, 2007, 10:00:37 PM

It'll be a great game, and hoping to start a new rivalry with another in state, ooc team would be great.

Rivalry will never happen between USF/ UF or USF/FSU ..... Remains ro be seen if the USF/UM series turns into anything.

gatorgirl!

Starter

#10 : November 25, 2007, 10:30:24 PM

why not? it could happen...if the scheduling becomes regular as does the talent...

i dont see why it couldn't be feasible? in state rivalry's are the best kind!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 25, 2007, 11:10:05 PM

why not? it could happen...if the scheduling becomes regular as does the talent...

It's not feasible because if USF is competitive and can beat them, the gators won't schedule them anymore. ;)

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 26, 2007, 08:15:54 AM

There is no room on either FSU or UF's schedules for another 1-1 series and there's no way a rivalry develops playing all the games at one team's stadium...

gatorgirl!

Starter

#13 : November 26, 2007, 09:47:56 AM

Things could change though. FSU beats us....although not in the last 4 years or something, and we keep them on the schedule. We could start the season with USF and end with FSU.

I think if it becomes a challenge, which I feel that it will because USF is a good team, they'll start switching schools. Ya never know. Don't be a debbie downer!

I'm all for another rivalry!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 26, 2007, 09:51:58 AM

I'm not.

I'd rather play Ohio State's schedule every friggin' year.

;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF at 9-3 will Finish Top 20 for the 1st Time Ever! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools