Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow...another kstate guy on PR.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: November 25, 2007, 03:02:30 AM

Personally, I'll wait until Jan, Feb, March, April for draft talk - especially when there's still a long way to go on this season, hopefully. Those months (End of Jan to April) are the boringest sports months, IMO - especially the week after the Super Bowl.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 25, 2007, 02:54:55 AM

The BUcs do need some things to make this team dominating again.

No harm in educating people about players, so when the monotonous draft talks start up (this is when DBTB shows up in volume), we all have the guns loaded and ready to roll...

I think it is obvious that we all understand the position the Bucs are in right now.  No harm in reading an article is there? 

The draft is going to occur wether the Bucs make the playoffs or not.  And even the biggest homer in me is sayng no chance in hell they win the Superbowl.  I think we can all agree that this team is not Super Bowl bound, and if they are, with all the NE love nowadays, it is a safe bet to say they are not going to win it all...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 25, 2007, 02:26:39 AM

Don't understand the interest in next season's draft while we're still in 2007 playoff hunt. I can understand if the Bucs were 0-10 like the Dolphins and had nothing but next April's draft to look forward to.  Why the PR articles already about our needs for next season.

This Redskin's game may be the biggest one of the season - a win would really set us up for the rest of the way to the playoffs. A loss may send us into a downward spiral.

Would suggest that the draft articles wait until the Buc's 2007 season is overwith.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 25, 2007, 08:19:42 AM

I always like to hear about college players I don't know anything about after Jan, that way I can't see any of their games if I am interested in watching them play  ::)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 25, 2007, 10:09:55 AM

I always like to hear about college players I don't know anything about after Jan, that way I can't see any of their games if I am interested in watching them play  ::)

Just finished visiting the Niners, Falcons, and Dolphin's websites. Know what they're posting about ??? Next April's draft. You know why? They don't have anything left to look forward to this season. You see, loser teams like those are looking for who to draft. Buc fans on the other hand have a lot of season and hopefully playoffs to look forward to.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 25, 2007, 10:09:10 AM

Jordy Nelson will be a day 1 prospect

He is going to run an amazing 40 time
His production is just unreal he is worth a first round pick off these numbers this year
122 cacthes 1606 yards 13.2 average  11 tds

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#6 : November 25, 2007, 05:55:49 AM

Don't understand the interest in next season's draft while we're still in 2007 playoff hunt. I can understand if the Bucs were 0-10 like the Dolphins and had nothing but next April's draft to look forward to. Why the PR articles already about our needs for next season.

This Redskin's game may be the biggest one of the season - a win would really set us up for the rest of the way to the playoffs. A loss may send us into a downward spiral.

Would suggest that the draft articles wait until the Buc's 2007 season is overwith.

That is all fine, well, and good.  Absolutely nobody is forcing you to talk about the draft right now.  Some people do want to talk about potential prospects though.  Some people like to be informed.  Some people like to get information on a guy that they may want to take a look at while he is still playing games (instead of just looking up stats or trying to search youtube for some clips).  Some of us clamor for more draft information, not less.  In fact, I would like to see at least two entries a week; one that discusses a possible prospect and another that gives some suggestions of games that might include players that could be on the radar and/or be subjects of the feature articles (not that I have any input into the limited selection of games available to me at the moment).

If you don't want to participate in those discussions, or read those articles before January, then just don't click the links until then.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#7 : November 25, 2007, 03:49:49 AM

Don't understand the interest in next season's draft while we're still in 2007 playoff hunt. I can understand if the Bucs were 0-10 like the Dolphins and had nothing but next April's draft to look forward to.  Why the PR articles already about our needs for next season.

Because all teams, even the one that wins it all, is going to get a shot at some premium talent next year. I like that they're pointing out to people who to look for while there are actually chances to see them...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 25, 2007, 10:35:13 AM

Oma.. go to the Patriots website and guess what.. they are wondering "Who can we get with San Fransisco's draft pick". It happens on every board.

That's because the PAT fans already think they have won this years SB Lombardi.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : November 25, 2007, 10:29:19 AM

Oma.. go to the Patriots website and guess what.. they are wondering "Who can we get with San Fransisco's draft pick". It happens on every board.

#10 : November 25, 2007, 10:36:48 AM

I think you can start talking ab9out the draft as soon as the college season starts. You have a new senior class, and new superstar underclassmen who will be eligible for the 1st year to talk about. Any fan of college football is naturally going to think about the draft during college season if he is an NFL fan too

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#11 : November 25, 2007, 10:37:59 AM

Ahhh who cares... we need to beat the hell out of the Redskins today.. I still haven't forgiven them or their idiot fans for that playoff loss.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 25, 2007, 11:19:17 AM

oma, you're a gameday fan, nothing wrong with that. some people, myself included, love looking at next years possibilities, especially after watching college ball on Sat.  It's fun just to speculate and listen to everyones opinion.  How 'bout Colt Brennan after Sat night performance?

#13 : November 25, 2007, 01:12:11 PM

Fresh....I wasn't addressing you....SR

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 25, 2007, 01:06:27 PM

RastaMon
You are looking into this too far.
Jordy Nelson is a very nice prospect like at the year he is having.. Those #'s are just sick and I daze off wondering why the hell he won't be taken in the first round.
Granted SR did go to Kstate but Yamon Figurs is damn good at KR/PR something we NEED.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wow...another kstate guy on PR.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools