Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys need to keep this in mind... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Buc31

Starter

#15 : November 25, 2007, 07:47:31 PM

I have a feeling you wont be asking who cares if (God forbid...please) Garcia goes down.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 25, 2007, 07:50:22 PM

I have a feeling you wont be asking who cares if (God forbid...please) Garcia goes down.

Garcia going down will most likely have little effect on this season.  We are heading to the playoffs and will be one and out, that doesn't change without Garcia, we just go out without a fight with Grads in.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 25, 2007, 07:55:32 PM

We are heading to the playoffs and will be one and out, that doesn't change without Garcia, we just go out without a fight with Grads in.

What a ridiculous comment.   The NFL isn't an analytical science.    There is always a possibility an underdog can win.    I'm guessing if you had been a prognosticator prior to the Namath vs. Colts superbowl, you'd have been saying they shouldnt even waste their time playing the game since the Jets had no chance....

Buc31

Starter

#18 : November 25, 2007, 07:56:34 PM

Thank you!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 25, 2007, 07:59:37 PM

We are heading to the playoffs and will be one and out, that doesn't change without Garcia, we just go out without a fight with Grads in.

What a ridiculous comment. The NFL isn't an analytical science. There is always a possibility an underdog can win. I'm guessing if you had been a prognosticator prior to the Namath vs. Colts superbowl, you'd have been saying they shouldnt even waste their time playing the game since the Jets had no chance....

Of course the underdog can win but they lose most of the time.....that is why they are underdogs.   ;)

This season is enjoyable and the future looks bright but I am not delusional enough to think we have a shot at rolling two or three playoffs teams in January.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 25, 2007, 08:01:55 PM

The Raiders went 8-8 that one year and ended up winning a superbowl with old man Jim Plunkett.   There's no reason why we can't do it with old man Jeff Garcia.   Sure, the odds are against the Bucs, but as long as Garcia is playing - the Bucs are a team that can beat anyone.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 25, 2007, 08:04:28 PM

Sure, the odds are against the Bucs, but as long as Garcia is playing - the Bucs are a team that can beat anyone.

They could beat anyone but the truth of the matter is they have struggled when they played the better teams. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 25, 2007, 08:27:00 PM

most of the time beating better teams is not going to be easy and will be a dog fight. good teams dont get blown out.  We beat TENN who has a good D, we move the ball on JAX which has a good D and then we beat the Skins

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 25, 2007, 08:42:57 PM

I know we need to keep in mind that Grads is a backup but the fact is he just sucks. The offense hit a brick wall after the 1st TD. The backup is suppose to be able to win you the game if the starter went out for one game. Look at the Titans for example atleast Collins can come in and atleast pickup first downs.

We got 4 turnovers inside their 25 and we still barely won. I expect the backup to atleast score some TD when given such a short field to work with. Lets just face it Grads sucks and he doesn't ever need to be back on the field.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 25, 2007, 08:45:28 PM

What happened clearly was that the Skins did not fear Gradkowski and the passing game. So they put an 8th guy in the box and shut down the run. When Garcia was in, they feared him and the deep pass. So that 8th man was left out. That's why Graham got 50-some yards in the first quarter.

Lets also remember that Washington is no joke at defense. They have a good unit and they threw a lot of strange looks that Gradkowski has probably never seen before.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys need to keep this in mind... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools