Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If available..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

T

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 19, 2006, 04:58:53 PM

Butch davis took the Browns to the playoffs so he accomplished ALOT more than Lord Bill ever did. Tressel is a College Coach with no experience at handling a team of millionaires, so let's follow the Glazers lead and ride with Gruden for now.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#16 : November 19, 2006, 05:01:48 PM

No way. Tressel became the coach of one of the most prestigous programs in college football and he has been aided by that for a long time. There is nothing there to say that he would be a good NFL coach. The offense that he runs there isn't that good, either. He just has way better athletes than the rest of the teams they play for the most part and so they win football games.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 19, 2006, 05:02:23 PM

No.  I would not.

Orangegone1

Starter

#18 : November 19, 2006, 05:31:18 PM

College coach is a different ballgame. Its about recruiting. Just ask Nick Saban.
Just what I was going to point out. Just because you can recruit doesn't mean you will be successful in the NFL where the playing field is pretty much equal.

#19 : November 19, 2006, 05:33:02 PM

in fairness Jim is at OSU...therefore he does indeed handle players being paid to play.

#20 : November 19, 2006, 08:30:08 PM

No, no need fora coaching change. Besides I would take Fruedgen over Tressel.

Tressel hasnt won a SUper Bowl, 2 division titles in the NFC South or took the Raiders from doormats to Super Bowl contenders and a tam that shouldve won the 2001 super bowl and made the super bowl in 2002

STERN11354

Starter

#21 : November 19, 2006, 08:50:34 PM

No way in Hell. Tressel runs a drity program. I can't stand Ohio State. I would never want their crooked ass coach on our sidelines. Especially at the expense of Gruden.

Jim Tressel? You have got to be kidding me with this crap.

Must be a Michigan fan because he can't stand Ohio State and he can't spell either.   How is Ohio State a dirty not drity program?  How in your mind is Ohio State any more of a dirty program than any other division 1-A football program?  The U with swinging helmets and body slams on the field. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If available..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools