Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden apparently wants the Cowboys job. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucfaninDC

Starter

: November 23, 2006, 06:43:26 PM

Would you trade Gradkowski for Romo straight up?  After 4 games?  

In a f'in heartbeat!

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 18, 2006, 11:47:48 PM

:'(

www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBUH0MPOUE.html

I love Gruden and absolutely despise the Cowboys.  This really sucks.

I hope this is just local media hype.

#2 : November 18, 2006, 11:58:49 PM

....ouch....I hope this isn't true

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2006, 12:05:16 AM

yuk.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 19, 2006, 12:05:38 AM

If he's already looking then good riddance

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2006, 12:07:37 AM

If he's already looking then good riddance

I could never say those words in reference to Jon.

But, I have to agree with you. This has just been a lousy day for me.  I had to put my dog down and now this.  And USF looked like crap against Louisville.  Today totally sucks.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : November 19, 2006, 12:09:41 AM

If he thinks Al Davis is too hands on, wait till he meets Jerry Jones---the man who ruined the Cowboys!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 19, 2006, 12:25:40 AM

Yeah, he ruined the Cowboys.   They've won more superbowl since he arrived than before he did.  But he ruined them. 

jd77, sorry to hear about your dog.   Don't believe any of the rumors though.   I don't think there's much chance Gruden won't be here next year.   All coaches send out feelers when they are in the midst of a losing season and the fans are all over their ass.   I think the Glazers are more clever than those fans and realize Gruden is a man they should keep around.   

Regardless, if Gruden were ever fired, he'd find a job in a New York minute, so he doesn't have much to worry about.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 19, 2006, 12:30:54 AM

Please oh Please take Gruden away!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!

Sorry about the Dog JD.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

gharen

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 19, 2006, 12:31:32 AM

Sounds like crap to me. I think the Tampa media hates Gruden so much they would put any story out there true or false just to turn everyone against him.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 19, 2006, 12:43:53 AM

gharen I agree. What is the source of this information?  They don't state that its a rumor. They report that its a fact.  I will be interested to see what Gruden's reaction is to this.  And also what PR can find out.

In any case I don't think we should jump the gun on making judgments on this until we can find out whether there's anything to it.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 19, 2006, 12:50:14 AM

whoa whoa whoa.... it doesent actually state that gruden has said anything in reference to the Dallas job... Nor does it have any actual quotes from gruden...

This column is just heresay and a reporter looking for a story... just a "theoretical" story...

$$$

#12 : November 19, 2006, 12:52:38 AM

Please oh Please take Gruden away!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!

Sorry about the Dog JD.
yeah I want Marty!!!

who would you want? Gruden is better than anybody available I can tell you that.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 19, 2006, 01:24:06 AM

i think this story is just pigpoop from some knucklehead wanting to take a shot at gruden.for what we had to give up to get him it will take more than what it took for the chiefs to get herm edwards.edwards did not win a superbowl.i just don't see it happening.besides didn't parcells just sign an extension?i just don't think you guys should sweat this story i will not lose any sleep over this.neither should you guys.besides scott and jim would have reported this first.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#14 : November 19, 2006, 01:29:33 AM

i dont believe it at all, gruden will be hee for a coupleof more years unfortunately

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden apparently wants the Cowboys job. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools