Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden apparently wants the Cowboys job. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 19, 2006, 07:02:26 AM »

This is hard to figure out.   ??? ??? ???

If he's already looking then good riddance

I could never say those words in reference to Jon.

But, I have to agree with you. This has just been a lousy day for me.  I had to put my dog down and now this.  And USF looked like crap against Louisville.  Today totally sucks.

Sorry to hear that.  :'(

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 19, 2006, 08:13:33 AM »

In my opinion, Jeff Fisher is also one hell of a good coach.    He's one of the few guys who the Bucs could replace Gruden with and I'd be happy.   If the Titans get rid of him, they're nuts.

« #17 : November 19, 2006, 08:28:14 AM »

How about Romeo Crennell as a replacement for Gruden if he DID leave??? I read Cleveland might be interested in buying out Crennell's contract.

BucsAddict

Starter

« #18 : November 19, 2006, 08:51:33 AM »

if he's looking, can his ass at the end of the year. either via trade or outright dismissal. There's nothing worse than an employee who doesnt want to work for you.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucsAddict

Starter

« #19 : November 19, 2006, 08:52:47 AM »

If he thinks Al Davis is too hands on, wait till he meets Jerry Jones---the man who ruined the Cowboys!

was that before or after the 4 super bowls?

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : November 19, 2006, 09:02:52 AM »

I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions at this juncture. If this picks up speed it may force the issue if fans THINK he is looking elsewhere. 

Let's just say for arguments sake Jon is looking to hedge his bets, do you honestly think for one second that he would let it be known by extending 'feelers' to Dallas? Correct me if I am wrong, apart from the ethical perspective I believe there are rule about that and how do you think Parcells would react if he thought the Dallas FO were working behind his back. There are way too many negative consequences IMO for this to have any credence.

replica

Hall of Famer
« #21 : November 19, 2006, 09:34:13 AM »

Ira Kaufman is full of shiznit, he's wanted Gruden out since McKay left, now he's lining up job interviews. Pathetic.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #22 : November 19, 2006, 09:43:48 AM »

Don't put too much stock in this one. If anything, his agent might be proactively looking for a job in case Gruden gets fired, but with Bruce Allen as his G.M., $26 million in salary cap room and a slew of quality draft picks in 2007, I don't think he's going anywhere unless he IS fired. We're looking into the report, though.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 19, 2006, 09:50:30 AM »

I love Gruden, however, with that much cap room and the great picks we're gonna have, would it be in the Bucs interest to have a new coach at the helm to build this team? Or would it be in the Bucs interest to have Gruden on the hot seat with all those picks and money?

« #24 : November 19, 2006, 10:16:07 AM »

I love Gruden, however, with that much cap room and the great picks we're gonna have, would it be in the Bucs interest to have a new coach at the helm to build this team? Or would it be in the Bucs interest to have Gruden on the hot seat with all those picks and money?

Thats the question I keep asking myself

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 19, 2006, 10:34:33 AM »

Thats the question I keep asking myself

I agree.  There is no easy answer to all of this.

Warhorse

Second String

« #26 : November 19, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »

I don't know why you guys are shocked.

It wouldn't suprise me one bit.

I think Gruden's act has worn thin in Tampa. JMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #27 : November 19, 2006, 11:25:29 AM »

Are you guys serious? This is Ira Kaufmann one of the biggest Dungy lovers Gruden haters there is. I'd bet anything it wasn't true.

PewterReportHM

Starter
« #28 : November 19, 2006, 11:36:17 AM »

I think SR is right, and that this is Gruden's agent casting around.  He is not leaving unless he gets fired, and that will not happen unless the team totally tanks it and he loses the lockerroom.  His father works with him.  His family is in Tampa.  He has $25mm in cap room and a bunch of picks to fix all of the problems.  I highly doubt there is another job Gruden would covet.

And if he did, it certainly would not be the Cowboys' job.  Tony Romo is no better than a more experienced Bruce Gradkowski.  Their OL is as bad as ours.  Terry Glenn is aging and TO is already going off.  Jerry Jones would not let Gruden call the shots and the Cowboys' don't have the same cap room.

Also, Jeff Fisher, and I like him too, is not the answer here.  If he leaves Tennessee, it's for the same reason people are crucifying Gruden.  He got screwed by the cap and had to get rid of his good players.  Also, he is a defensive coach.  Exactly how do we fix our offense with all these young guys under Fisher?  Norm Chow?  Please.

I am guessing Gruden's agent is doing a little agitating to prop is guy up a bit.  It pisses me off, because this is the last thing the team needs.  Heck, Gruden may not even really know much about it.  We'll see, but I think with the picks and cap room, the key in the NFL is continuity.

As a fan, I'd like to see Kiffin get the reinforcements he deserves on defense and Gruden get a vet or two to help stabilize the offense.

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #29 : November 19, 2006, 11:36:53 AM »

Its easy to say its not true, especially for those who don't want it to be true.  But we are talking about a guy who left a Raiders team months after taking them to the playoffs and losing on a bad "tuck rule" call.  This time, he's in a tougher situation.  

And I agree with what others have posted.  I would rather see a whole new coaching staff get the picks and $25 mil than Gruden using it to patch a team together for 1 year, then possibly get fired.  This way, Glazers may be able to get something in return for the coach and the new staff can build their team with the available money.  

Remember, McKay kept denying that he was speaking with Atlanta and that he would be in Tampa for a long time, then the offseason came and he was gone.  
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden apparently wants the Cowboys job. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools