Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden apparently wants the Cowboys job. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

replica

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 19, 2006, 07:25:07 PM

Thanks for printing Gruden's response, I love the guy... "F" Ira Kaufman!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 19, 2006, 07:27:58 PM

Once again the accuracy of the local medias articles is way off....nothing new really, why is anyone surprised.

watson

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 19, 2006, 07:33:10 PM

Just like almost all of the things written in the Trib or PS Times and/or said on most of the talk shows, the idea is to create controversy so you can sell papers or radio air time.  Never mind if it is correct or not.....just create the controversy.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 19, 2006, 07:37:42 PM

What doesn't make sense is that next year Gruden should be able to start seeing some of the fruits of his and Allen's labor for the offense.  If he ducks out, somebody else is going to step in and get the credit.  Or they will disband the whole thing and we would never know what could have been. 

Gruden has an ego, and that ego should be wanting to prove that he knows what he is doing. Not wanting to get out of town.

As for what results the Bucs should see next year. Yes we should have a winning record. We should see a lot of progress on the offensive side. We will see revamping on the defense. We should see a steady defense though. We have good depth players on defense and it shouldn't just fall apart on us. We should be able to combine a couple good FA pickups and some high draft picks to stabilize the defense. I don't expect it to be top 5 next year, but top 15. 

All in all we should be in the mix for a wildcard during another year of a rebuilding plan. We need to see the players progressing and the team being competitive. We can't be overly concerned about games lost by a last second FG and stuff like that, but we will have an easier schedule next year. So I would say if we are in there at 9-7 battling for a WC down to the end and we see the expected underlying improvements that would be enough.

Not enough to be "happy" about the Bucs, but enough to keep going with the Gruden-Allen plan. Thats a distinction that some people on this board don't get. 

I totally agree....OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden apparently wants the Cowboys job. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools