Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Taylor has been shot and is fighting for his life - PFT.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : November 26, 2007, 01:43:49 PM

based on the info below, I officially find Bigg's comment funny..... 

From CNNSI:

"Although extremely talented, Taylor has been in trouble -- on and off the field -- numerous times since he was drafted with the No. 5 overall pick out of Miami in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He was also fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles."

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 26, 2007, 01:48:35 PM

Funny haven't seen anything from ESPN.com or the Redskins site.
That is odd, I am seriously questioning this article, I havent seen anything else about it, anywhere.

It's been on ESPN all morning. They said he was shot in the groin.

EDIT: This sounds fishy. He was shot twice in the groin. Sounds to me like somebody who wanted to make a point.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 26, 2007, 01:57:27 PM

Ghost, it must burn you up to see the Bucs doin' so well with Gruden.  Your sig says everything anybody needs to know about you. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 26, 2007, 02:08:16 PM

Sounds like typical Tayloresque incidence.

The guy got shot and that is tragic.  BUt he is a punk, hangs around dummies, and in the end, he gets nothing from it.

I hope he recovers, but am I suprised he got shot?  Nope.

#34 : November 26, 2007, 02:17:46 PM

punks get shot.   thats life.  stop hanging around other punks and bad things won't happen to you.

(Boid Fink)  those bugs on my screen are freaking me out man!

gump

Starter

#35 : November 26, 2007, 03:06:56 PM

Police are saying now that they haven't found any evidence yet of a burglary.
Also, Taylor's wife and mother are being kept at the police station.  For safety?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#36 : November 26, 2007, 03:10:37 PM

I just get the feeling this will end up being more than just some robbery gone bad, I just have a feeling this is personal, I mean shots to the groin... sounds like someone Taylor seriously pissed off. Best of luck to him, he may not be a good person, and he may be a punk, but he is one of the great safeties in this league.

cripple fight!
That was funny. I defanitley almost spit coke on the computer.

obuc

Starter

#37 : November 26, 2007, 03:13:17 PM

Thanks Dan for determining what is funny for all of us and what isnt.

I couldn't decide to laugh or not. Now I know not to.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 26, 2007, 03:15:04 PM

Thanks Dan for determining what is funny for all of us and what isnt.

I really think you should make that determination yourself. What is funny to one person may not be funny to another. The Pittman comment wasn't at all funny (to me). Some people may find it to be.

Don't rely on forum posters to formulate your opinions for you. You may want to consider independent thought.

obuc

Starter

#39 : November 26, 2007, 03:16:26 PM

Let's see, the guy has a home no doubt with all kinds of security but someone breaks in while everyone is home, doesnt steal anything but shoots Taylor in the leg and just runs.

What part of the neighborhood code of " I won't snitch on anyone" doesnt anyone remember?

obuc

Starter

#40 : November 26, 2007, 03:17:46 PM

Then maybe you should retract this

Actually, I have a sense of humor. Things I find funny are usually, you know, funny. The Pittman comment wasn't.

Not funny to you, maybe, but I am sure he wasnt posting it just for you. So dont laugh, but dont be the class cop either.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 26, 2007, 03:23:34 PM

Let's see, the guy has a home no doubt with all kinds of security but someone breaks in while everyone is home, doesnt steal anything but shoots Taylor in the leg and just runs.

What part of the neighborhood code of " I won't snitch on anyone" doesnt anyone remember?

I heard he got shot in the groin twice...

Doesn't sound like anything but vengeance to me...

Could be a repercussion from him beating down some dudes for stealing his stuff.  He is a thug, and a dummy.  He probably got what he had coming.

Like I said, I hope he survives, but he is a complete fool.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 26, 2007, 03:24:48 PM

Then maybe you should retract this

Actually, I have a sense of humor. Things I find funny are usually, you know, funny. The Pittman comment wasn't.

Nothing to retract, it wasn't funny. I've tried to illustrate to you that things like humor are subjective. Therefore, I am quite right when I say that the comment wasn't funny.

If you found it funny, then from your perspective you are free to classify it as funny.

Remember: think for yourself.

#43 : November 26, 2007, 04:13:46 PM

from rotoworld.com

Attorney and friend of the family Richard Sharpstein said Monday afternoon that Redskins S Sean Taylor's life is currently "hanging in the balance."

Sharpstein says that Taylor, who came out of surgery just after noon, called the player "nonresponsive and unconscious" and says doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death." He added that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain. "They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharptein said.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 26, 2007, 04:21:35 PM

Thats pretty bad damn.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Taylor has been shot and is fighting for his life - PFT.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools