Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Taylor has been shot and is fighting for his life - PFT.com « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

LtFox

Starter

#75 : November 26, 2007, 10:34:56 PM

One, guys like Antoine Walker and Eddy Curry had similar problems with robberies this summer and it had no link to the "not moving on from the hood". As mentioned, they've detained his girlfriend and I think her mother, but even that wouldn't have much of a "thug" connotation attached to it. The questionable character at the draft statement seems to just be the way you want to remember it. Taylor had a clean sheet before he came into the league. The Skins drafted him over Winslow in part due to WINSLOW having a few character issues in the past. Then, his first few seasons in the NFL he started doing some things. He had the ATV incident and I think a DUI. A lot of people thought it was because of the big paychecks he was getting, as some guys lose their heads when they get bundles of money thrown at them.

You are right. I am sure I had it all wrong. Sean Taylor is an upstanding, solid citizen. Not as respected as, say, a Mike Vick, but close. Wake up, dude. This is the guy that spits in the faces of his opponents. Do you know how degrading an act that is to someone? What is all this "man love" you have for Taylor. I sincerely hope he recovers, but lets take the blinders off for a second. BTW, you can have a "clean sheet" and still have questionable character. The scouts were right on both fronts- great talent, poor character (and not because he was shot).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#76 : November 26, 2007, 11:54:27 PM

Classless?

The guy went on a manhunt looking for payback, and beat some dudes down, and should have gone to prison for it. He hangs around the wrong element, and did indeed probably have it coming.

You play with fire, you get burned.

And nowhere did I say I hope he dies, or is permanently braindamaged. Not once.

As far as karma goes, he beat a guy down. Over an ATV. The guy could buy 100000 ATVs with the money he has. He should have gone to the police, and let them handle it.

Once again, you hang out with criminals, and engage in criminal activity, you stand a better than average chance of getting some bad stuff come your way.

Classless my butt.

Engage in criminal activity? Again, so he beat a guy up (who likely got a NICE settlement out of it) and now deserves to almost die, lose his career, go into a coma, and face permanent brain damage? You don't wish it on a guy, but when it happens you state that he deserves it? If thats the way things are, guys like Pittman and Leonard Little should probably watch their backs 24/7, because one can only imagine how much worse it gets than for beating up someone...

Another problem is that people WANT to find a way to connect it to a reputation or history Taylor has when according to everyone around him, he's grown up since his daughter was born and there has been no word that this was payback for something he or his posse did or anything like that.
It is about paying the consequence for engaging in stupid activity, which I am sure is a part of this nasty mess.

I never said he should die, or get brain damage, or anything.  I said he is reaping what he sows.

Something happened...not sure what, but I am sure it isn't anything positive.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#77 : November 26, 2007, 11:57:40 PM

The latest update is that he was shot while in bed per ESPN. His home had been broken into two times last week. He was home to look after his house. I really feel for him and the Redskins right now.

I've seen this kind of thing happen before and it's not good. He is responsive to the doctor's while heavily sedated so that's good news and Miami has great medical facilities which should help out.

In most cases I think celebs should have personal security that can protect them at all times. When you're making good money, some people like to come after you and you should be protected. I know for a fact that guys like Roger Clemens, Mike Alstott, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Evander Holyfield, and Trick Daddy all have used personal security before. Alstott's agent know's who I'm talking about. I believe athletes and celebs should use personal security and drivers more often.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#78 : November 27, 2007, 12:14:23 AM

You are right. I am sure I had it all wrong. Sean Taylor is an upstanding, solid citizen. Not as respected as, say, a Mike Vick, but close. Wake up, dude. This is the guy that spits in the faces of his opponents. Do you know how degrading an act that is to someone? What is all this "man love" you have for Taylor. I sincerely hope he recovers, but lets take the blinders off for a second. BTW, you can have a "clean sheet" and still have questionable character. The scouts were right on both fronts- great talent, poor character (and not because he was shot).

Where did I say he was an upstanding citizen? The guy has done wrong, I've never argued that he hasn't. But that was after he got into the NFL. What did they have to go on that he was a character concern? He never got in any legal trouble, he didn't have a huge attitude problem (like many thought Winslow had), his father is a police chief. Usually the Pacman Jones, Chris Henrys, A.J. Nicholsons, Eric Wrights, etc have done things that bring up character concerns whether on the field or off. What brought about these "character concerns" about Taylor? Any references? Because I'm as big a draftnik and UM fan as you'll find on here, and what I recall was it was Winslow (another Cane, so there goes my bias) that had all the character issues surrounding him and Taylor's issues only came about after his run-ins POST DRAFT.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#79 : November 27, 2007, 12:31:34 AM

According to ESPN his phone line's were cut at the house before the shooting.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#80 : November 27, 2007, 12:56:31 AM

Hope he gets healthy fast, and hopefully if this does have to do with his "friends", he finally realizes that he has to move on. It's one thing to put yourself at risk, and to put your job on the line, just to hang out with those thugs. But it is a totally different ball park if you are putting your kid and wife at risk because of the crowd you hang with. They could have easily killed him, his wife, and his son, he should consider himself lucky and make some positive steps forward in his life, time to grow up and be a man. Hopefully his teammates are right and he has started down the right path, or I fear his next headline may read "Sean Taylor and family shot in killed in home"....

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#81 : November 27, 2007, 01:04:40 AM

Am I the only one here who finds it weird that we are blaming the victim?

No one knows who shot him or why he was shot, so it is a little irresponsible to say he somehow deserved this because of who he hangs out with. He may have been burglarized, or attacked by a stalker.  Dont be so quick to draw conclusions.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#82 : November 27, 2007, 01:38:23 AM

Am I the only one here who finds it weird that we are blaming the victim?

No one knows who shot him or why he was shot, so it is a little irresponsible to say he somehow deserved this because of who he hangs out with. He may have been burglarized, or attacked by a stalker. Dont be so quick to draw conclusions.

I'm right there with you.  I have a few friends that you would probably call disreputable, but I would hope if I ever get shot while someone is breaking into my house that no one would just assume I had it coming.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#83 : November 27, 2007, 03:46:19 AM

Anyone know if anything was stolen?

Seems kind of odd a robber would break into a house at night making lots of loud noise, not take anything, bust in the bedroom door and start shooting. It sounds more like who ever did this planned to shoot someone. You have to wonder if he was hanging out with the wrong crowd.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#84 : November 27, 2007, 06:13:20 AM

ESPN is now reporting he has passed away. Terrible news.

#85 : November 27, 2007, 06:47:28 AM

Damn!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#86 : November 27, 2007, 07:08:22 AM

Sad news indeed.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#87 : November 27, 2007, 09:30:33 AM

man this sucks, he was one hell of a safety and fun to watch, he will be missed

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sean Taylor has been shot and is fighting for his life - PFT.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools