Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QBs to bring back in '08 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dodda45

Starter
#15 : November 26, 2007, 12:35:07 PM

What about Seneca Wallace?  I think he is better than Grads, Simms and Luke...and I think he is a free agent next year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 26, 2007, 12:39:55 PM

What about Seneca Wallace? I think he is better than Grads, Simms and Luke...and I think he is a free agent next year.

Seattle re-signed him to a long term deal about 4 weeks ago.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 26, 2007, 12:40:10 PM

The people that want Simms to become the starting QB here do not realize that he fits this O like OJ Simpsons gloves.  It amazes me that the same people calling Grads a failed experiment still think that Simms is any good.  Simms should have went somewhere else in the offseason.  

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 26, 2007, 01:37:45 PM

Who said anything about wanting Simms to start.  I want the best available QB to start. Garcia is clearly that guy but won't be here much longer.  I have NO confidence in Grad.  If we let Simms go next year, oh well, I just hope we can get someone a step up not down, which is what Grad is, a step down.  If you are turning this into a Simms vs Grad deal, I would definitely take Simms.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 26, 2007, 03:32:54 PM

Colt Brennan 1st round. Beleive me, I did not want to go this route, but it's clear we have to.
The only way I wouldn't take Brennan would be if Sed Ellis were still available. No way McNabb-to high maintenance. Garcia, McCown, Simms and Brennan to TC. Curious to see how Simms responds with improved o-line, a bit of a wild card. Never know with Plummer either, but we HAVE to start preparing for life post-Garcia.

Excatly how i feel.
I like the kid and he has played in a WC o and won a championship!

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 26, 2007, 03:48:51 PM

Eagles are better without Mcnabb then with as proven over the last 3 years. So lets bring him to Tampa? OOO Garcia should love that. NOT . Lets bring in Alex Smith after 49ers cut him and pull a Steve Young on the 49ers like they did on us.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 26, 2007, 03:54:03 PM

How about talking Rich Gannon out of retirement...

You must be accountable for your actions!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : November 26, 2007, 03:55:46 PM

McNabb would make sense if he is available, have him compete with Garcia. Third QB could be anyone but Gradkowski.

Too fragile, body and ego.

AJ Feeley showed how bad McNabb is. Had McNabb played against the PATs, I think the PATS would have covered that 24 pt spread.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 26, 2007, 03:57:23 PM

Jeff Garcia.

That's it. No one else. See what we can get on the free agent market.

BTW, if anyone thinks we can get anything for Chris Simms - they are smoking the crack rock.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 26, 2007, 04:01:20 PM

It is interesting how much time Simms is given by fans, and how short the patience is with Grads.  Last year when Simms was injured, it was his 5th year in Gruden's offense, and he was still bad. The year before when he did play well after Griese was hurt was his FOURTH year in the system and he was with the Bucs before that!  Grads has been with the Bucs 1 3/4 seasons. Give him some time.  Also, when you say his arm isn't strong enough to throw the deep ball, he OVERTHREW Galloway (not easy to do), not underthrew him. Also on one of the throws, he threw it to exactly the right place due to the coverage, but Galloway was unable to adjust to it.

.....just my opinion

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 26, 2007, 04:12:40 PM

Garcia to remain the starter and Gradkowski as the #3 emergency QB

Just get rid of Simms and McCown, and we need a reliable #2....

Whether that be through free agency, signing a veteran guy like Daunte Culpepper, Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell, Kerry Collins, A.J. Feeley, etc. or drafting a QB in the draft this year.  There certainly are many QBs coming out this year.

We could also go the route of a QB overhaul.  Have Garcia remain the starter, sign a VET QB to be the #2 and draft our future QB as well.  This would mean we are saying good bye to Gradkowksi, McCown, and Simms.

I'm telling you we need depth and we never seem to learn.  If Garcia gets hurt and misses the rest of the season, we could very well be 7-9, or 8-8.

Buc31

Starter

#26 : November 26, 2007, 04:24:11 PM

I would forfeit before I put Gradkowski in a game again. Give him time?? You can coach garbage. Some of you people need to stop making excuses for this guy. Not everyone is made for the NFL.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 26, 2007, 04:31:16 PM

I say we drug them all, then merge McCown's legs with Simms' torso and arm, then plop Garcia's head on top. Gradkowski can provide a spleen.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 26, 2007, 04:36:02 PM

trade for mcnabb hes better than turdskowski/simms/mccown

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 26, 2007, 04:38:21 PM

We need TWO starters not a backup.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QBs to bring back in '08 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools