Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QBs to bring back in '08 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 26, 2007, 06:53:36 PM

It is interesting how much time Simms is given by fans, and how short the patience is with Grads.  Last year when Simms was injured, it was his 5th year in Gruden's offense, and he was still bad. The year before when he did play well after Griese was hurt was his FOURTH year in the system and he was with the Bucs before that!  Grads has been with the Bucs 1 3/4 seasons. Give him some time.  Also, when you say his arm isn't strong enough to throw the deep ball, he OVERTHREW Galloway (not easy to do), not underthrew him. Also on one of the throws, he threw it to exactly the right place due to the coverage, but Galloway was unable to adjust to it.

He overthrew him because his arm strength is terrible.  He has to put everything he has into those throws so his accuracy suffers.  It's like kicking a 60 yard field goal.  You just kick it as hard as you can and hope it goes straight.  He does not have the arm to be a starter in this league.  Period.

As for other QB possibilities, I really think we could take a shot at trading up for Woodson this coming draft.  It appears that we "hit" on a lot of guys in the last draft and that could give us the luxury of being able to trade a few picks to move up.  It really comes down to which QB they like the best if they don't think a guy like Ellis will be available.  We've got another year with Garcia and it looks like Gruden is going to be safe so the time to use a 1st on a QB could be now.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 26, 2007, 08:03:16 PM

It is interesting how much time Simms is given by fans, and how short the patience is with Grads.  Last year when Simms was injured, it was his 5th year in Gruden's offense, and he was still bad. The year before when he did play well after Griese was hurt was his FOURTH year in the system and he was with the Bucs before that!  Grads has been with the Bucs 1 3/4 seasons. Give him some time.  Also, when you say his arm isn't strong enough to throw the deep ball, he OVERTHREW Galloway (not easy to do), not underthrew him. Also on one of the throws, he threw it to exactly the right place due to the coverage, but Galloway was unable to adjust to it.
Wrong. Simms was drafted after the SB and had his first start in his second year against New Orleans. '05 was his third and most productive year.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 26, 2007, 08:04:54 PM

I would forfeit before I put Gradkowski in a game again. Give him time?? You can coach garbage. Some of you people need to stop making excuses for this guy. Not everyone is made for the NFL.

not making excuses at all...he played poorly yesterday...does he deserve to be the backup QB?  NO!  However, McCown is the only other option at this point and he fared worse in his PT than Grads did...at least Grads won...isn't that how we as fans judge our team?

You must be accountable for your actions!

nitey

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 26, 2007, 08:49:15 PM

Last year at this time - few here wanted Garcia even though he was playing well in Philly. I'd definately take McNabb over Gradkowski or McCown and I have a feeling that Gruden will too.

McNabb is a very good Quarterback, but he's feeling unwanted in Philly by his coach and fans and he's hurt. Let him come here, sit a year behind Garcia and get a fresh new start and he can be our starting QB for another 3-4 years and I'll bet he'll be a good one too.

I'm definately behind grabbing McNabb if the Eagles cut him in the off season (which looks pretty likely at this time).

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 26, 2007, 09:15:55 PM

I don't see McNabb happy in a no.2 role behind Garcia ... don't think it would be a great situation for our lockeroom ... only a gut feeling.

I don't have a clue what the fix is gonna be next year, but one is needed for sure ... heres to hoping we do the right thing.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 26, 2007, 09:16:10 PM

from letplummerplay.com

http://letplummerplay.com/

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QBs to bring back in '08 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools