Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Dog on a rant today. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: November 26, 2007, 03:17:34 PM

Calling out Chucky!! Called him a "piece of crap excuse giver"

Ouch!!!

#1 : November 26, 2007, 03:19:14 PM

What else is new? lol

gump

Starter

#2 : November 26, 2007, 03:19:34 PM

Why anyone listens to that channel...I don't know.  I think the NY show is much, much, much better.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 26, 2007, 03:19:44 PM

Figures.  7-4 and two games up in the division and still pissing and moaning.  Why is that not a surprise?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : November 26, 2007, 03:20:16 PM

I can imagine. I'm overseas so - don't get WDAE. But after that nightmarish second half yesterday, Gruden gets credit for not having depth at QB. He had quantity but not quality at that position. I'm sure Dumbdog is blaming Gruden for playing Gradkowski, right?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 26, 2007, 03:20:32 PM

Does Duemig still have a show? Do people actually listen to it? Weird.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 26, 2007, 03:20:53 PM

Where do you think born withoutaclue gets his post?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 26, 2007, 03:21:05 PM

Why anyone listens to that channel...I don't know.  I think the NY show is much, much, much better.

Why?  Because the NY folks actually have talent and talk sports (albeit NY sports much of the time) instead of constantly whining and moaning?  Go figure.

#8 : November 26, 2007, 03:23:48 PM

But after that nightmarish second half yesterday, Gruden gets credit for not having depth at QB. He had quantity but not quality at that position. I'm sure Dumbdog is blaming Gruden for playing Gradkowski, right?

He's basically calling him out for not being more prepared at the backup qb position.... i don't think thats being unreasonable.

jtwright

Starter
#9 : November 26, 2007, 03:24:09 PM

He was talking about Gruden critizing the defense, in his press conference, for the lack of pressure in the second half.  If that is true, I do agree with him on that.  There is one reason the defense stunk in the second half -- the offense sucked more.

The inability of the offense to get a first down or move the ball in the second half led to the defense being on the field a ton.  If he was critical of the defense at all, he needs to stop, because they saved his rump yesterday.

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#10 : November 26, 2007, 03:26:07 PM

He was talking about Gruden critizing the defense, in his press conference, for the lack of pressure in the second half. If that is true, I do agree with him on that. There is one reason the defense stunk in the second half -- the offense sucked more.

The inability of the offense to get a first down or move the ball in the second half led to the defense being on the field a ton. If he was critical of the defense at all, he needs to stop, because they saved his rump yesterday.

HEY.. HEY NOW.. The O had 15 yrds in the second half!

jtwright

Starter
#11 : November 26, 2007, 03:26:56 PM

Sorry, I forgot.  My mind must be blocking out those aweful memories of what it saw at the game yesterday.

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#12 : November 26, 2007, 03:27:57 PM

He was talking about Gruden critizing the defense, in his press conference, for the lack of pressure in the second half. If that is true, I do agree with him on that. There is one reason the defense stunk in the second half -- the offense sucked more.

The inability of the offense to get a first down or move the ball in the second half led to the defense being on the field a ton. If he was critical of the defense at all, he needs to stop, because they saved his rump yesterday.

wow forced 6 turnovers .. 4 of which came in the opposing teams half of the field and your O can only score 19 points.. And lets not discuss the merits of going for it on the 11 yd line on a 4 and 1.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#13 : November 26, 2007, 03:29:59 PM

But after that nightmarish second half yesterday, Gruden gets credit for not having depth at QB. He had quantity but not quality at that position. I'm sure Dumbdog is blaming Gruden for playing Gradkowski, right?

He's basically calling him out for not being more prepared at the backup qb position.... i don't think thats being unreasonable.

Actually, I would say Gruden did just about everything he could do to shore up the QB position in the post season.  Remember, we had 7 QB's on the roster at one time.   He tried to get Garcia and Plummer simultaneously... we re-signed Chris Simms.  Unfortunately, Simms football acumen was kept in his spleen (who knew?).  Plummer threw a tantrum and decided to retire and we were left with what we were left with.

Sure there were other options out there at the time, I don't think there were many good ones... I haven't heard too much from the committee to sign David Carr these days... and short of giving the farm to Atlanta for Matt Schuab (which I'm sure they wouldn't trade him to us, anyway)... it was pretty shallow pool of QB's on the market in the offseason.

So, yeah, I think the criticism is a little unfair.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 26, 2007, 03:30:10 PM

He was talking about Gruden critizing the defense, in his press conference, for the lack of pressure in the second half.  If that is true, I do agree with him on that.  There is one reason the defense stunk in the second half -- the offense sucked more.

The inability of the offense to get a first down or move the ball in the second half led to the defense being on the field a ton.  If he was critical of the defense at all, he needs to stop, because they saved his rump yesterday.

Yes and no.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Dog on a rant today. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools