Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Dog on a rant today. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 26, 2007, 03:46:21 PM

As for the depth at QB arguement....who was the Bucs supposed to get?

Plummer made it known to the two teams involved that he'd forgo retirement if he were traded so that he could get out of Denver and shake off the Cutler promotion that got so under his skin. Unfortunately, Plummer also wanted to be inked in as the starting QB at this point in his career, and the Garcia contract sank that option.

Had Plummer manned up, we'd have had Garcia and Plummer as the #1 and #2 QB's.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 26, 2007, 03:47:53 PM

He's ranting because that's the only thing he knows how to do.  He can't produce a show without pissing and moaning.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 26, 2007, 03:52:24 PM

The defense did give up too many 3rd and longs in my opinion in the 2nd half. There were at least 4 or 5 chances throughout the 2nd half to get off the field on 3rd down and end the drives. There was a 3rd and 8, a few 3rd and 9s, even I think a 3rd and 12 that they allowed the Skins to convert. There was also a few 4th downs that Skins were able to convert which is probably what gave Gibbs confidence to go for it on that one 4th down play that the defense did stop.

This was a big problem last year and even the year before where the defense were giving up 3rd and longs. And who is to blame for that? The defensive line. If you let a QB sit back there with no pressure, he's going to make those 8-12 yard passes pretty easily.

jtwright

Starter
#33 : November 26, 2007, 03:55:20 PM

Now, I am off track with Duemig for sure.   The small point about the defense, I sort of agreed with.  Now it has digressed into the fact that we need to get rid of a coach of a 7 - 4 team. 

I don't care how we win.  We are winning.  I am not really a big Gruden fan, b/c at times, he annoys me with the offense.  I don't care if the offense and defense are ranked 50th in the league, if we win, I will take it.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 26, 2007, 03:59:07 PM

The offense AND the defense sucked in the 2nd half. The D couldn't get off the field, the O couldn't stay on it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 26, 2007, 04:03:46 PM

The offense deserves the most fire and they would tell you that.

If you look at what Gruden said it makes sense, unless you're a rabid hater. In the second half the Skins had a huge drvie to start the half, then stone hands drops a first down. Grads didn't touch the ball again until they were backed up. If you look at it logically Grads did enough to win the game.

If the drive before the half isn't executed then the Skins tie it with a FG. I'm not backing Grads at all because he was awful in the 2nd half but the he barely touched the ball.

What you have to like is when Garcia went down, on the first play, the D knew it had to bring it. They gave the offense multiple opportunities to put points on the board and Grads helped them put up 19 points, say what you want. That type of play won't work even in NO but for Garcia to be out the entire game the team still rallied to win.  

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 26, 2007, 04:06:45 PM

Gruden gave the D there props.  Duemig is a whiny, no talent, doofus.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 26, 2007, 04:32:01 PM

Thats what happens when you let a 6th round pick try to lead your team. They usually end up bad or if your really lucky like Romo/Brady its good. Grads sucks there is no question but lets be real here Grads is the guy that has the ball 100% of the time.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 26, 2007, 04:33:55 PM

Major news just in Bornabuc and Big dog sit down to have a discussion. While both attended the discusion neither one herd what the other said.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 26, 2007, 04:36:25 PM

Duemig needs his ass kicked again. Scott Brantley, where are you?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 26, 2007, 05:47:03 PM

Why anyone listens to that channel...I don't know.  I think the NY show is much, much, much better.

I agreed. Until I heard MF say that Tampa would be an easy win for the Giants if they playe
at Tampa in the playoffs.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 26, 2007, 05:54:31 PM

It's NY sided obviously, but if you want to hear what a sports talk show should sound like, then tune it in.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#42 : November 26, 2007, 05:54:39 PM

Gruden gave the D there props. Duemig is a whiny, no talent, doofus.

Yup.  When I listened regularly in the past (only do now to listen to SR and actually I've forgotten to tune in to those - sorry SR, I don't like 620), Duemig complained that folks weren't calling after a win.  He's ranting so he'll have ratings and for folks to call.  I listen to almost all 1470 now, sometimes I check out 1010.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 26, 2007, 05:59:15 PM

How come when Billichek criticizes his team, even after a rout, people roundly accept this as a brilliant way to motivate his team and keep them humble and so forth... but when Gruden does it he's just knocking the defense?

I may be wrong but it seems as though he's a lil more eager to call out the defense than the O.

Before going too far into this discussion - did he call out his d or did he say he something like in the second half the pressure on the qb wasn't as good as in the first?  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 26, 2007, 06:10:49 PM

Gruden on his show right now came out and gave big props for the kickers and the defense for yesterdays win....whats he talking about????He must really be trying to drum up callers...what a jerk.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Dog on a rant today. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools