Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Dog on a rant today. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#75 : November 27, 2007, 11:45:42 AM

But he has so many of you listening and then discussing him on MB's -- Dumbpig gets exactly what he wants-- the buzz you tools that listen gripe about in these forums. It's almost as if you guys give him ratings just to biatch about him. A novel idea would be, why listen. Everyone knows he is an idiot-- yet you whiners just support the ratings by tuning in. Dumpig has you wrappped around his little finger. Here is a free tip of the day. Dont listen and dont call. His minions surely can not support him. In less than a year when his ratings fall off the map-- he will be sent packing. 1470 is an alternative.

You know we agree most times bro...but 1470 ain't really a lot better.  Plus you can't gettem after 7pm in Tampa/St. Pete.  I've turned off Brantly a long time ago when I heard the frog gigging story.  That still has me crazy!  And Peterson can hardly speak on TV much less the radio...

I know its not their job to gloss the guy.  I get that, but do you have to throw stones at every freaking thing?  Everything ain't all rosy, but it's not all bad either...but seems like whenever you hear those quacks the sky is always falling...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#76 : November 27, 2007, 02:16:48 PM

The only way Duemig gets ratings is if Arbitron calls you and asks if you listen.  Radio ratings are a bigger joke than the Nielson ratings for TV; at least those are built off of devices that monitor what you watch.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#77 : November 27, 2007, 02:39:36 PM

Chev, I missed the frog giggin' story...maybe it was before I got here he told it.  He's a country boy that's fer shure...calls the internet the devilnet!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#78 : November 27, 2007, 02:43:15 PM

So the coach did not thrown the d under the bus and dumbdog is making up **CENSORED**e again.  Hmmm - surprise element is missing....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MarineBuc

Starter

#79 : November 27, 2007, 03:44:26 PM

Chev, I missed the frog giggin' story...maybe it was before I got here he told it.  He's a country boy that's fer shure...calls the internet the devilnet!
He is a country boy and maybe that is why I listen to him. It is void of the ranting and hollering. He doesn't ridicule fans or hang up on them. He is just easier to listen to.

Now...if I am feeling froggy, I will listen to the Big Pig just so I check in and get worked up a bit. He makes some good points from time to time, but when he gets on his high horse about Gruden or when he starts spouting that when "Urban gets his entire offense in place...NOONE is going to stop it, you will have to outscore" crap, I just roll my eyes and head back up the dial.

jimbobuc

Second String

#80 : November 27, 2007, 04:19:49 PM

Chev -
"Frog giggin'".... I had a good laugh when I read that.

Yea, Scott's definitely a "country boy", and there are times I'll have to turn him off, but I'll take him every day over Deumig. My drive time home was spent in anger listening to his B.S. lines. I just couldn't take it anymore. The funny thing is - Duemig used to not be like this. Whether it's true obsession or a ploy for ratings, it doesn't work for me.

Also, Scott does a damn good job of covering local high school football. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#81 : November 28, 2007, 12:18:21 PM

This was the 1010 days guys sorry.  I was pissed off at 620 and turned the dial and heard Brantly going on a frog gigging rant.  I lost it, tuned to Alicia Kaye on Smooth Jazz 94.1...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

superbuc

Practice Squad
#82 : November 28, 2007, 12:36:29 PM

This was the 1010 days guys sorry. I was pissed off at 620 and turned the dial and heard Brantly going on a frog gigging rant. I lost it, tuned to Alicia Kaye on Smooth Jazz 94.1...
Chev -
"Frog giggin'".... I had a good laugh when I read that.

Yea, Scott's definitely a "country boy", and there are times I'll have to turn him off, but I'll take him every day over Deumig. My drive time home was spent in anger listening to his B.S. lines. I just couldn't take it anymore. The funny thing is - Duemig used to not be like this. Whether it's true obsession or a ploy for ratings, it doesn't work for me.

Also, Scott does a damn good job of covering local high school football.

I listen to Scott frequently.  In addition to what you said, I like that he has a variety of sports (at the local, college, and pro level) to talk about, talks to his contacts around the country, and is nice to the callers.

I haven't really listened to 620 in the last year, but, I always found it odd that they'd make fun of Rome and his clones where Steve has more callers/clones than anybody on sportsradio in the area!   Rome has big, big guests on FREQUENTLY.  He may have an ego, but, he knows sports fans want to hear what the players, coaches, and executives in those sports have to say.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Dog on a rant today. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools