Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEAN TAYLOR - R.I.P. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 27, 2007, 08:52:47 AM

The worst part is now his one year old doesn't have a father. This is messed up...hopefully the Miami PD can track down the jagoff that did this. The person that did this just upgraded from Armed Robbery to Murder...and with someone this high profile, you can bet that they'll be calling all cars for this one.

Where's Dexter when you need him? (Reference to the best show on TV if you don't know...)

RIP Sean

Dexter's Lab??

Heh...heh...no, no. Dexter on Showtime. He's a serial killer that works for the Miami PD and preys on other serial killers, murderers, and bad people. Cuts them up in little pieces.

I think its also a shame how the media keep trying to portray this as part of Sean's shady past. I may be wrong and it could be something bad - but as far as we know, this is nothing but a home invasion that had a tragic end.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 27, 2007, 09:04:21 AM

god bless

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 27, 2007, 09:07:44 AM

I think its also a shame how the media keep trying to portray this as part of Sean's shady past. I may be wrong and it could be something bad - but as far as we know, this is nothing but a home invasion that had a tragic end.

It's sad. But its hard to ignore the incident from two years ago if you're a reporter...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/26/sports/football/26cnd-taylor.html

Investigators may be investigating whether there is any relation between these break-ins and a dispute two years ago between Mr. Taylor and some men in West Perrine, a depressed neighborhood near his current home.

In June 2005, Mr. Taylor was arrested and charged with felony assault and battery after the authorities said he pointed a gun at three men outside a house in West Perrine and accused them of stealing two all-terrain vehicles from him.

Witnesses told the police that Mr. Taylor, accompanied by an entourage, assaulted one of the men and made death threats before driving off. Minutes later, a group of men drove by his parked GMC Yukon Denali and opened fire, leaving the truck riddled with bullets. Mr. Taylor�s vehicle was empty at the time, and the gunmen were never identified or arrested.

Prosecutors negotiated a plea deal with Mr. Taylor and agreed to drop the felony charges. He was sentenced to 18 months of probation and pledged to donate time and money to various charities and schools in southern Florida.

Anthony Leon, a safety for Florida State University and one of Mr. Taylor�s cousins, told The Miami Herald that Taylor was trying to clean up his social life and put distance on some of the people he grew up with.

�He�s been trying to stay away from bad company � especially for his daughter�s sake,� Mr. Leon said.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 27, 2007, 09:07:56 AM

Here's an article about his death and some information on the whole situatioin. He had a young daughter. He was only 24 years old.

http://beta.cnn.com/2007/US/11/27/obit.taylor/index.html?iref=hpmostpop

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Buc31

Starter

#19 : November 27, 2007, 09:08:26 AM

It was said that his house was robbed 8 days earlier, however no one was home. Kind of makes you think maybe someone was out to get him. RIP. I've stated before how much I hate the skins. But Taylor was one of my favorite players..and today I am a Redskin

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 27, 2007, 09:09:19 AM

It was said that his house was robbed 8 days earlier, however no one was home. Kind of makes you think maybe someone was out to get him. RIP. I've stated before how much I hate the skins. But Taylor was one of my favorite players..and today I am a Redskin

Yeah, it could have been the guys who he assaulted two years ago. Revenge.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 27, 2007, 09:11:02 AM

Another twist - Sileo just said that the alarm was switched off from inside the house.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#22 : November 27, 2007, 09:12:05 AM

wow... The NFL has lost one of it's best players... just sad. Hopefully they find his murderer and lock them up. Sad, especially when everyone said that he was finally getting his act together. Best wishes to his family.

thanson

Starter

#23 : November 27, 2007, 09:14:20 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#24 : November 27, 2007, 09:21:09 AM

May his death not be in vein. This is a huge tragedy I hope that society learns from it. Sean Taylor may God be with you and your family. I would have been proud to call you a Buccaneer.

really? the guy spit in Pitmans face and whipped out a gun last year in the middle of an argument, sucks that he died. But it sounds like the person who killed him - knew him - and had some serious grievances with him.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 27, 2007, 09:23:26 AM

Now I get the Pittman reference from another thread. Forgot about that.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 27, 2007, 09:58:49 AM

Another twist - Sileo just said that the alarm was switched off from inside the house.

The phone lines to his house were cut too.

Buc31

Starter

#27 : November 27, 2007, 10:02:38 AM

Let me be the first to say, if this is a joke delete it now. As for the whole spitting in Pittman's face thats in the past. And he DID NOT flash a gun during the altercation, it was proven in court.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#28 : November 27, 2007, 10:04:43 AM

Yeah, IMO He was set up, whether it be by his friends, or god for bid maybe even his wife. Something is going to come out. IMO the robbery attempt 8 days ago was the first attempt to kill him, and no one ended up being home, so they came back and succeeded this time.

#29 : November 27, 2007, 10:11:16 AM

I have an honest question...  Im NOT trying to be funny...  do people on here actually think and pray for this guy's family, or is that just something people say...  I hear it all the time when there's a death..   and the typical public relations response is "our thoughts and prayers" are with his family...  blah blah...   do people actually pray?   I think the article on this poor guys death was interesting to read, but I wouldn't spend 10 seconds thinking about it...   its like CNN and the media tell us whats important to think about and whats not...   for example, when the West Virginia Coal miners were trapped..  it was on the news every day for 2 weeks...  then Britany Spears was in the news, and we didn't care about the coal miners anymore...  just an observation
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEAN TAYLOR - R.I.P. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools