Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEAN TAYLOR - R.I.P. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 27, 2007, 10:12:34 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604?MSNHPHMA

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#31 : November 27, 2007, 10:13:16 AM

Another twist - Sileo just said that the alarm was switched off from inside the house.

The phone lines to his house were cut too.

Let me be the first to say, if this is a joke delete it now. As for the whole spitting in Pittman's face thats in the past. And he DID NOT flash a gun during the altercation, it was proven in court.

really what part of a plea bargain is consistent with your statement?

"Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was fined $71,764 by the NFL yesterday but not suspended in connection with his June plea bargain on a felony gun charge from last year."

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 27, 2007, 10:13:46 AM

Another twist - Sileo just said that the alarm was switched off from inside the house.

MJS, unfortunately to me, it sounds as if Sean was involved in something more than a robbery/burglary.  Too many signs are pointing in that direction.  One of the reports that I read as well said that investigators were questioning "other witnesses" that were at the house at the time of the shooting.  
There is more to this story.....

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 27, 2007, 10:17:35 AM

I have an honest question... Im NOT trying to be funny... do people on here actually think and pray for this guy's family, or is that just something people say... I hear it all the time when there's a death.. and the typical public relations response is "our thoughts and prayers" are with his family... blah blah... do people actually pray?

Honest answer ~ I was shocked when I heard the news this morning.  My initial thoughts were for his family because I am a father, and I have a mother.  I felt the pain of their loss because I imagined something like that happening to me or one of my loved ones.

I am not a very religious person so I will not be bent over the bed praying for anyone this evening, nor will I be in church on Sunday.  I do however wish his family all the best in grieving his tragic loss, and if they find solace in God that is good by me.

#34 : November 27, 2007, 10:18:12 AM

what sucks is because he was a felon..  he wasnt allowed to have a gun in the house...  and whoever got him, knew that...   he tried to defend himself with a machete, but a gun wins that battle every time...   [banghead]

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 27, 2007, 10:24:24 AM

..and today I am a Redskin

huh?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 27, 2007, 10:28:50 AM

In another twist, Sileo saw a spaceship going towards Taylor's house. WTF

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 27, 2007, 10:30:04 AM

Wow, this is devastating.  I feel really sad for his family and hope they and the team can overcome such a tragedy.  The guy is only two years older than me...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 27, 2007, 10:43:06 AM

In another twist, Sileo saw a spaceship going towards Taylor's house. what

Pirates Cove

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#39 : November 27, 2007, 11:01:21 AM

I have an honest question... Im NOT trying to be funny... do people on here actually think and pray for this guy's family, or is that just something people say... I hear it all the time when there's a death.. and the typical public relations response is "our thoughts and prayers" are with his family... blah blah... do people actually pray?

Honest answer ~ I was shocked when I heard the news this morning.  My initial thoughts were for his family because I am a father, and I have a mother.  I felt the pain of their loss because I imagined something like that happening to me or one of my loved ones.

I am not a very religious person so I will not be bent over the bed praying for anyone this evening, nor will I be in church on Sunday.  I do however wish his family all the best in grieving his tragic loss, and if they find solace in God that is good by me.

I feel bad for him and his family. Unfortunately, his choices in life seem to have led to this ending.

Buc31

Starter

#40 : November 27, 2007, 11:12:14 AM

really what part of a plea bargain is consistent with your statement?

"Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was fined $71,764 by the NFL yesterday but not suspended in connection with his June plea bargain on a felony gun charge from last year."

The phone lines to his house were cut too.

Let me be the first to say, if this is a joke delete it now. As for the whole spitting in Pittman's face thats in the past. And he DID NOT flash a gun during the altercation, it was proven in court.

His lawyer and close friend said on FoxNews. Someone asked whether the reason he had a knife in the room was because he couldn't have a gun, he responded by saying he did not flash a gun during the incident which was proven in court so he could have had a gun if he wanted to.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#41 : November 27, 2007, 11:22:00 AM

What a shame.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 27, 2007, 11:28:23 AM

MJS, unfortunately to me, it sounds as if Sean was involved in something more than a robbery/burglary.  Too many signs are pointing in that direction.  One of the reports that I read as well said that investigators were questioning "other witnesses" that were at the house at the time of the shooting. 
There is more to this story.....

They are interviewing the girlfriend and her mother.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 27, 2007, 01:27:35 PM

This is just awful. To think that a young man with such a prosperous future ahead of him both professionally and in terms of family had his life taken away from him like this is just so unjust. My thoughts are with the family which Sean has to leave behind. R.I.P.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#44 : November 27, 2007, 01:48:25 PM

Scott

Very sad tragedy indeed!  He did appear to be getting his life back on track after some brushes with the law as he had his one year old son, which was helping in those regards.

If you remember Phillip Buchanon one of the current members of the buc's had a home invasion himself down ther in South Florida and was tied up and held at ginpoint and pistol whipped for hours. He said he was sure he was going to die that night, but they sparred his life. He went on to say in an interview afterwards, that it changed his life forever and it was only a little over a year ago.

He was 100% sure he said it was an inside job and was a setup by one of his so called friends. PB became a home body after that and became a better family man and it straightened him out and he said he stopped running around with his old gang as he put it, it scared him straight per say. I am just speculating myself, but I am sure this tragedy was also an inside job by one of Taylor's so called friends and a setup?

Actually it may have been someone who thought he would be down here in Tampa for the game and would not be home? NFL athletes when they come into that kind of money they have to be careful of those questionable characters they may have once run around with as money can get some people to do very bad things. Just my two cents. Whatever happened it is a sad tragedy and may he RIP! :( He has a one year old son he left behind who will now never really know his father. :( 

Another point is Sean was a very well liked player from the Canes in the Miami area and his father was a police chief in the area.  I would hate to be the SOB who shot him right now as I would think he is running scared right now?  He better hope the authorities find him first if you know what I mean and it's the right authorities?

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEAN TAYLOR - R.I.P. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools