Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEAN TAYLOR - R.I.P. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

LtFox

Starter

#75 : November 29, 2007, 07:17:37 PM

[

So the status of a person (i.e rock star, president, etc.) determines their worth and, thus, how "sad" people should be? Also, how do you know that he was a "football player that thought he was a thug" All indications are that he had spent the last 18 months of his life being a father and had "radically transformed" himself into a mature professional (not my words- those are of his teammates and coaches who knew him a hell of a lot better than you). In fact, Joe Gibbs stated that he hadn't missed a Chapel session in the past year that he could remember. Apparently, he befriended the team chaplin and was making great strides in his life. Does all that mean he still couldn't be a "thug"? No, but it does paint a picture of a man trying to better himself.

It is important to remember that Sean didn't die at a shootout in a strip club or out "in the hood". He was in his home SLEEPING when he was killed. Hardly, the actions of a thug.

yes the status of a person determines how you feel... you're comparing a loved PRESIDENT to a football player involved in street crime... pretty lame comparison.

and news flash... thugs do go to bed at night... so he was killed sleeping and those arent the actions of a thug? becaues he wasnt actively waving a gun in the air doesnt mean he didnt bring it onto himself.

he went to church? wow. well we all know that makes you a stand up citizen.

You have no basis for your argument. My argument wasnt that he was a bad human being... it's that nobody here has any reason to be SAD that he died and that he WAS involved in street crime.thug. what ever the little hip hop wannabes call it.

you're tryin to prove he was a good guy by he said / she said from his teammates and coach??

hmmmmmm.... hasnt Pittmans teammates and coach stuck up for him? He's a repeat offender in domestic violence. Think hes a stand up guy?

ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS.

get off your high horse.

LOL!!! High horse? Put the crack pipe down. I am simply saying that people have a right to be sad about whatever they want- especially a dead human being. I am sure you have done something in your past you are not proud of, yet someone, somewhere might feel a some sort of loss should you pass violently in your sleep. Then again, maybe not. The point is this- you don't know Sean Taylor any better than anyone else, therefore you shouldn't judge him. Secondly, you sure as hell shouldn't have ANY problem with people feeling bad when someone dies- thug or not. Get off YOUR high horse... and then screw your head on right.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#76 : November 29, 2007, 07:20:39 PM

[

LMAO!

LtFox

Starter

#77 : November 29, 2007, 07:26:03 PM

[

LMAO!

Seeing that both of you appear to be "slow" then let me explain the church reference. I clearly stated (read it again) that going to church does not mean that a person isn't a thug, HOWEVER, it would be an indication to most that someone is at least attempting to better themselves. Apparently that was lost of both of you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#78 : November 29, 2007, 07:29:22 PM

[

LMAO!

Seeing that both of you appear to be "slow" then let me explain the church reference. I clearly stated (read it again) that going to church does not mean that a person isn't a thug, HOWEVER, it would be an indication to most that someone is at least attempting to better themselves. Apparently that was lost of both of you.
Not lost on me.

Just thought his comment was funny...

(fart)

drywallbuc

Starter

#79 : November 29, 2007, 07:47:49 PM

I have an honest question... Im NOT trying to be funny... do people on here actually think and pray for this guy's family, or is that just something people say... I hear it all the time when there's a death.. and the typical public relations response is "our thoughts and prayers" are with his family... blah blah... do people actually pray?

Honest answer ~ I was shocked when I heard the news this morning.  My initial thoughts were for his family because I am a father, and I have a mother.  I felt the pain of their loss because I imagined something like that happening to me or one of my loved ones.

I am not a very religious person so I will not be bent over the bed praying for anyone this evening, nor will I be in church on Sunday.  I do however wish his family all the best in grieving his tragic loss, and if they find solace in God that is good by me.
nicely put mjs

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SEAN TAYLOR - R.I.P. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools