Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Effort to improve pass rush « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : November 27, 2007, 02:52:15 PM

I agree, BUT we still shouldve kept White

I also agree with most fans that the BUcs didnt get the players they needed for teh DL this offseason (with the exception of Adams), BUT the fact is it was a terrible year for DL help in FA and the draft. Other than Adalius Thomas I wasn't mad about anyone we didnt get.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#16 : November 27, 2007, 03:05:50 PM

I'm not sold on Haynesworth. 
I'd rather we go after the DT that's leading the league in tackles, is 4th among all D-lineman in tackles, and is 6th in sacks.
The guys is a stud and we need to sign him now...Oh Wait! He is already here...

Jovan Haye. 53 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 pass d. 

He may have 1 less sack than Haynesworth but Haye has 23 more tackles.  That tells me better against the run.
He is young, he is still learning, he is improving every game, and most important he is already here and cheap at that.
I think we give him more snaps, let him develop, and we have our DT.

lol...have you watched Haynesworth play?  he gets double teamed just about every single play.  Haye rarely ever does.   Haye has more tackles because the ONLY way to run against the Bucs is up the middle so he gets attacked more.  You CANT run up the middle agaisnt the Titans when Haynesworth is in there.  I like Haye a lot, but with a guy like big Al next to him, Gaines Adams and Greg White would immediately become stars in this league. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 27, 2007, 03:08:53 PM

I'm not sold on Haynesworth.
I'd rather we go after the DT that's leading the league in tackles, is 4th among all D-lineman in tackles, and is 6th in sacks.
The guys is a stud and we need to sign him now...Oh Wait! He is already here...

Jovan Haye. 53 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 pass d.

He may have 1 less sack than Haynesworth but Haye has 23 more tackles. That tells me better against the run.
He is young, he is still learning, he is improving every game, and most important he is already here and cheap at that.
I think we give him more snaps, let him develop, and we have our DT.

They play completely different positions and have entirely different responsibilities. Haynesworth is a mandatory double-team on every play. This is what we need.

A big time DT and specifically UT could make Pro Bowlers out of his line mates.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 27, 2007, 03:46:40 PM

I agree, BUT we still shouldve kept White

I also agree with most fans that the BUcs didnt get the players they needed for teh DL this offseason (with the exception of Adams), BUT the fact is it was a terrible year for DL help in FA and the draft. Other than Adalius Thomas I wasn't mad about anyone we didnt get.

I still wish we would have sent a pick to the Bears for Brown or (especially) O-gun.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#19 : November 27, 2007, 04:53:43 PM

One of the things that caught my eye was how low we are in the percentage of how much we blitz. It was shockingly low. It tells me that when we are or arnt getting pressure its by our front 4. We are def improving in that area as we are getting sacks on a regular basis.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Effort to improve pass rush « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools