Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we get a Pass Interference? « previous next »
Page: 1

gharen

Pro Bowler

: November 19, 2006, 03:04:39 PM

I have never seen a team get away with so many PI's in one game. I can think of at least 4 times today the Skins DB was all over our guy before the ball got there, including the TD. We have a hard enough time catching it with out them interfering.

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2006, 04:36:01 PM

But if the Bucs were doing those things the flags would be flying everywhere.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2006, 11:32:49 PM

Hell, we can't even get a holding call in favor. Hovan was absolutely tackled on one pass rush and there were no flags to be found.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#3 : November 20, 2006, 01:01:40 AM

I think on both of Clayton's "drops" - Springs was draped all over him.

watson

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 20, 2006, 10:08:01 AM

I guess I just don't understand the meaning of PI.  When Galloway tried to catch the pass in the end zone, the DB was mugging him long before the ball got there.  Even with the 5 yard contact rule, you still can't mug them without going for the ball.  Can you?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 20, 2006, 10:16:28 AM

Stop crying, our CB's play the same way. Dear god we won and people are crying about the refs.
In this case, not crying.....just asking for clarification of the rule.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 20, 2006, 10:23:04 AM

Pass interference still has so many grey areas even though they are trying to define it.  Technically the refs are supposed to call pass interference every time a defender touches a WR five yards beyond the line of scrimmage with the ball no where in sight.  With that said that would disrupt the flow of the game way too much.  Not to mention offensive players are guilty of offensive pass interference as well so I think the refs most of the time let them play ball.  Only if it is obvious that they will entertain the thought of throwing the hanky.  I personally do not like a game with a whole bunch of flags for ticky tacky stuff (Eg Stovall vs Mckenzie 1st Saints game) and I say let them play.

watson

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 20, 2006, 10:27:15 AM

I too don't like a lot of flags during a game.  And I understand that it is a judgement call by the refs.  But, based on what you saw yesterday, did the DB interfere with Galloway or was he OK with how he played the play?

Truths:

bklynbucs11

Starter

#8 : November 20, 2006, 01:30:59 PM

I think its probably so shocking because the short crossing route is so prime for Pass interference and usuallu draws a lot of illegal contact/PI calls.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we get a Pass Interference? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools