Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imagine Gruden having Campbell « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 19, 2006, 05:14:56 PM

Should have had two.  Taylor flat ou dropped one.  Man, Grads has more passes dropped by DBs and WRs than anyone combined!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 19, 2006, 05:18:24 PM

haha, yeah I think you are right about it. Maybe there is something he does when he throws it. Just kidding ha...

It is weird though, the DB's can't catch and out WR's/TE's/RB's can't either.

Baghead #2

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 19, 2006, 05:25:03 PM

Hopefully you are talking about Gruden having Neve Campbell, otherwise that is gross.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : November 19, 2006, 06:09:50 PM

Hopefully he can do that with Grads.

Someone once told me....

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shlt.   

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#19 : November 19, 2006, 07:28:01 PM

The only way Campbell plays for Gruden is if Gruden replaces Gibbs.

Kaufmann are you starting another rumor?  LOL

The Campbell kid did look good for his first game.  His O line gave him some good protection.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 19, 2006, 07:38:28 PM

Half this game is 90% mental

or something like that.

What Gru likes about Grads is the mental part, the intangibles.  Hopefully they can train that arm up and train the mechanics down.  The kid has a good football IQ. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 19, 2006, 07:55:45 PM

That would be interesting. That guy looked tough as hell for missing Portis and Santana Moss, 2 pro bowl players. He came in and I almost forgot what a young talented QB looked like.

I look at it like this...Gruden is driving a pinto (Grads) and he cleans it up and makes it look respectable. Imagine if you game him a nicer looking car, with more options (Big arm, better vision,Mobile, good decision maker), imagine what Gruden could do with that car and how nice he could make it look.

Gruden has been working with scrap, Griese, Johnson, R. Johnson, Simms and made them look good. You give Gruden and investment with a upper teir QB in this draft or FA and he will make him good, you know it...

Imagine Gruden with a year under his belt with Grads...that's going to be hot...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#22 : November 19, 2006, 08:27:36 PM

Matt Schaub would be 'great' under Gruden. Very little learning curve

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#23 : November 19, 2006, 08:32:20 PM

I'd like to see Gruden with Quinn or Russell.

#24 : November 19, 2006, 08:36:36 PM

they would be good 1st round picks too, but a lot of people here will disagree

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#25 : November 19, 2006, 08:39:52 PM

they would be good 1st round picks too, but a lot of people here will disagree

I used to be one of those people.

But I have now come to the realization that no one player with that pick is going to turn us into an instant contender.  I am of the belief now that we need to try and get a stud QB in here who can lead our team into the future.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 19, 2006, 08:40:56 PM

A first round QB is not a luxury Gruden has next year.  Even IF a 1st round QB eventually becomes a starter, most are three years of pain before they make the grade.  Grads was a very quick learn with the playbook, but a rookie like Quinn might not be ready to start for a couple of years, and then you would have the usual rookie pains.

Forget another rookie QB, it isn’t going to happen guys.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : November 19, 2006, 08:45:04 PM

A first round QB is not a luxury Gruden has next year. Even IF a 1st round QB eventually becomes a starter, most are three years of pain before they make the grade. Grads was a very quick learn with the playbook, but a rookie like Quinn might not be ready to start for a couple of years, and then you would have the usual rookie pains.

Forget another rookie QB, it isn’t going to happen guys.

No one says he has to start.

Keep grads or sign a vet, like we are going to do anyway.  Then in a year or 2 you play your top talent. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 19, 2006, 08:49:15 PM

Keep grads or sign a vet, like we are going to do anyway.  Then in a year or 2 you play your top talent. 

So we need a decent vet capable of starting, which will cost $4-5 million a year in FA, AND on top of that we carry the $50-$60 million contract of a rookie QB, sounds like a great plan.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : November 19, 2006, 09:00:00 PM

So we need a decent vet capable of starting, which will cost $4-5 million a year in FA, AND on top of that we carry the $50-$60 million contract of a rookie QB, sounds like a great plan.

We are going to roll with Grads and/or a vet next year anyway right?  Plus we would have virtually the same rookie 1st round contract.  Don't see a difference.

It is a great plan, but only a grads slobber knocker like you wouldn't realize that.  When was the last time this franchise spent an offseason not wondering who the QB would be, or if the QB we had was "the guy"?  Even BJ there were always questions.  I think it's about time we tried to make an investment into that positon and get a guy in here where for 10 years we won't have to wonder "who is going to start??"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imagine Gruden having Campbell « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools